Latest Acquisitions

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Really great Y-Wing for the price!

thanks for the above comments, all my collection has always been put together on a budget and like yourself Star Wars Fan most of my purchases are from boot sales and out in the wild , never got bored of the hunt and the fun of finding things and grabbing a bargain :D

coomber75

Sith Lord
not bought anything in ages but had to get this just need a sealed one

Attachments

• IMG_20201003_165929.jpg
    IMG_20201003_165929.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 821

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Just received these Palitoy General Sales Division and Retail Sales Division 1979 retailer catalogues to go with the price list that I already had . The Star Wars content is great (prototypes!) but there's lots of other vintage Palitoy goodness in there as well - a snapshot of a 70s childhood. Love these!

Palitoy_1979_catalogues_1.jpg

Palitoy_1979_catalogues_2.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
tobedesu said:
Had been thinking about getting an Admiral Ackbar for a while but the ones i found have either a yellow bubble or damaged card.
Found this one in a sealed in a plastic bag from the shop.
Great card and clear bubble. Just a small dent at the top of the bubble which i can live with.

That's brilliant. That really does put it in a new light for me, too. They usually look like manky MOCs. I don't recall the actual buying of Ackbar back in the day but I have clear flashes of memory of the cardback, the colour of the background, the feel of the figure when pulling it off the card and fitting his staff in the hand, all tantalisingly close memories of the actual moment of receiving it, but still a real kick of nostalgia.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
AndyPreston said:
Just received these Palitoy General Sales Division and Retail Sales Division 1979 retailer catalogues to go with the price list that I already had . The Star Wars content is great (prototypes!) but there's lots of other vintage Palitoy goodness in there as well - a snapshot of a 70s childhood. Love these!

Palitoy_1979_catalogues_1.jpg
Palitoy_1979_catalogues_2.jpg
What an awesome catalogue. So beautifully designed. The colours really pop.

lejackal

Grand Master
I've not added any Star Wars for a while so i'm very pleased to have added this PBP Walrusman

Attachments

• BF23B03D-37E9-408E-AEF8-2B8314E9EFD8.jpeg
    BF23B03D-37E9-408E-AEF8-2B8314E9EFD8.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 678

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Really boring but satisfying acquisition for me, 21 years after getting my boxed X-Wing I finally took the plunge on the inserts!

Really, really satisfying. Don't want to rush putting them in the box as I've waited so long.

image.jpg

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Honestly card inserts are one of those things you can overlook one day and seriously regret it further down the line, I was lucky that my battered xwing box had its insert. Hunting for Palitoy open and closed belly Tauntaun inserts was a pain in the lower end for sure, both are different.

Well done indeed.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Sundancer Squadron said:
Honestly card inserts are one of those things you can overlook one day and seriously regret it further down the line, I was lucky that my battered xwing box had its insert. Hunting for Palitoy open and closed belly Tauntaun inserts was a pain in the lower end for sure, both are different.

Well done indeed.

Yes very true, in fact looking at sold listings on eBay made me buy the X-Wing insert as I realised I had missed out on some AT-AT inserts.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Really boring but satisfying acquisition for me, 21 years after getting my boxed X-Wing I finally took the plunge on the inserts!

Really, really satisfying. Don't want to rush putting them in the box as I've waited so long.

image.jpg

Great score, Adam! They just don't feel complete without the inserts.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
theforceuk said:

image.jpg

Great score, Adam! They just don't feel complete without the inserts.

Thanks and tell me about it! What have I started. lol

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Some more bits I've picked up on eBay this week. Enjoying completing my childhood boxes and loose items.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 590

Latest posts

Top Bottom