A New Hope Movie set spotlight???

Jennybongo

Hello.

We have just bought an Italian 1960/70's industrial set spotlight. We bought it because my son is into filmmaking and performing arts and this came up locally and was a bargain.
We love quirky items.
On collecting this item we were told it comes with the story of being used on the set of the first Star Wars movie.
Obviously we have no authentication of this but it does have all model numbers etc and looks like movie set quality. It stands about 6ft high and is fabulous item.

How can I check whether this story could have some truth behind it?

Obviously it affects value.

However, it's so fantastic that I doubt my son would ever want to sell it but knowing it's worth/ history would be nice to know.
He just loves Star Wars.

46E59814-F8DA-4582-94C7-1297847786CF.jpeg

8E5C1DCE-102D-4023-ACEC-32728719CB25.jpeg

1C8B5FF7-D6EA-497F-8795-FC4CBB75658F.jpeg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
With things like this it's all about the provenance. If you still have the contact details for who you bought it from, ask them where they got that story from. Did they work there at the time? If so a certificate from them should be enough to 'prove' it.

coomber75

Sith Lord
ihope its true would be great for your son, but as mentioned easiest way track back through who owned it

Jennybongo

Update!

The previous owners can only tell me it came from a friend of a friend (they no longer have contact with) in Manchester.

So we'll just have to imagine it was used on set. It will be used and enjoyed anyway.

Thanks for your replies x

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom