SWTOTW, Week 43, 2020 Speeder Bike Vehicle

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Speeder Bike Vehicle:

speeder.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The Speeder Bike! What's not to like about this one? An excellent little toy that does exactly what it needs to! It looks like the thing we saw on screen, you can make a Biker Scout, Luke or Leia ride it, it has a swivelling cannon, moveable (if rather too easily lost) rear flaps, and it blows up at the press of a button! Who could ask for anything more? :D

This has to be one of Kenner's best, or at the very least, most successful vehicles. If success is measured by how much it looks like its on-screen counterpart, teamed with toy sales and ultimate play value, this has to be right up there near the very top of the Star Wars line! A small toy that could be more easily afforded than some of the bigger ticket items like the AT-AT, and yet the hours of fun to be had zooming over your carpet and blowing the thing up in front of a slightly confused dog simply cannot be counted. Top marks Kenner!

There are a few variants to be found with this one, and I have two. For many years I only owned a Kenner version, but not that long ago I splashed out and finally added a nice bi-logo one to join it, plugging a hole in my collection. Here they are:

Floaty Vroom Vroom - 01.jpg

Floaty Vroom Vroom - 02.jpg

Floaty Vroom Vroom - 03.jpg

Floaty Vroom Vroom - 04.jpg

Floaty Vroom Vroom - 05.jpg

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Heres my offering 😉

20201025_225843.jpg

20201025_225838.jpg

20201025_225829.jpg

Was one of my favourites when I was a kid, such cool playability and it blew apart!!! What more is their to like :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Ruby2511 said:
Heres my offering 😉

20201025_225843.jpg
20201025_225838.jpg
20201025_225829.jpg

Was one of my favourites when I was a kid, such cool playability and it blew apart!!! What more is their to like :lol:

Thanks.

Nice pair yourself :wink:

Thanks for sharing.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:
This should be a great thread, I will add my examples later in the week.

Cool we can't wait to see them :D

Coincidentally I'm waiting for a left handle to arrive to complete my childhood Kenner version. Great examples every and as usual a great synopsis Snaketibe !

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Here's my childhood Speeder, apart from the left handle and left flap, both I have acquired from a bay recently. Considering getting a Kenner box for it, but not sure.

image.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Here's my childhood Speeder, apart from the left handle and left flap, both I have acquired from a bay recently. Considering getting a Kenner box for it, but not sure.

image.jpg

That's a nice clean example. Well done for still having your childhood one, and well done for looking after it :)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
theforceuk said:

image.jpg

That's a nice clean example. Well done for still having your childhood one, and well done for looking after it :)

Thanks, the left handle did break and then get lost.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:

image.jpg

I had 2 when I was a kid, I do not know if I still have them because I was stupid enough to mix them with others that I got :roll:

Cool that you still have your childhood speeder bike, it looks great with the the ebay parts :wink: I did the same with my childhood y-wing, I got the extra parts on ebay and I also got a box and instruction for it, so now that is complete :D If I was you then I would also get a box for that speeder :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom