Surprised by Astons

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Well it's a fun listen but I am surprised at the 30 back DSC lot going for £25K plus fees, that's some VCJ price right there (I know it's rarer but I wonder if it's as desirable).

Ian

It wasn't just that that caused the 25K bid mate, there was a 30 back IG-88 in there too :!: The combo of the two caused that massive bid. Total including fees £32,500 :!: :!: OUCH

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It didn't look to me like the poor bundling choices, risky no returns policy and lack of viewing put people off bidding, prices seemed high across the board. I often see this on eBay, it's the worst listed items that go for the most money because people assume they will 'go under the radar' but then end up sucked into a bidding war! Whenever I put anything on eBay with an essay of a description and a dozen photos, nobody is interested, maybe I need to give the half arsed approach a go :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
Palifan said:
Well it's a fun listen but I am surprised at the 30 back DSC lot going for £25K plus fees, that's some VCJ price right there (I know it's rarer but I wonder if it's as desirable).

Ian

It wasn't just that that caused the 25K bid mate, there was a 30 back IG-88 in there too :!: The combo of the two caused that massive bid. Total including fees £32,500 :!: :!: OUCH

That still seems to be really high to me although I'm not sure if the IG-88 was on the rarer 30 back (can't remember if the A or B is scarce?).

Ian

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
Anyone know how much the Dengars went for?

£3k when i saw it last, but not sure if it ended on more.
the auction had a terrible lag that lost me an item I was half interested in.
I was surprised that you could retract bids, as that was mentioned in comment on facebook !

maxf

Jedi Master
Cazza said:
Agreed, but so far out of reach for me and most other collectors, hence the face.

Oh yeah - I agree. Lumping them all together did nobody any favours at all.

I didn't win them btw. Got them at my house at the moment as collected them for a friend, which is a total tease haha

lejackal

Grand Master
maxf said:
Cazza said:
Agreed, but so far out of reach for me and most other collectors, hence the face.

I didn't win them btw. Got them at my house at the moment as collected them for a friend, which is a total tease haha

You should do a very expensive Easter egg hunt for them :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:

Wait, they were left this house by their neighbour?! Then they were just going to bin them all but thankfully thought better of it. That's one incredible story although I'm not sure if I read it right but did they get £250K for that lot but it sold for £410? That's one hell of a profit Astons made (as well as the tax man I'm guessing).

Ian

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
maxf said:
Cazza said:

You don't happen to know if they are going to be split up now, do you? ;)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
The auction house cost the seller a lot of money - if they'd have done a half decent job of cataloging everything correctly and spacing out the lots over 2 days I think they could have made substantially more. But then Astons were closing down anyway so that's why it was such a smash and grab style auction - very little went cheap enough for anyone to make a turn on some of those lots - some stuff went way beyond what you can pick it up on ebay for - madness.

It's proof, if any were needed, that stuff is still out there, waiting to be discovered.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
It's proof, if any were needed, that stuff is still out there, waiting to be discovered.

This is exactly what I have taken from this. Their could be more out their to find than what has already been found, just imagine!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom