Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic Director

Youngling
Thank you Capetown, Ruby2511 and Jeremy!
I look forward to my time on the forum! I'll try to get around to posting some pictures of my collection at some point.

I did make a post in the props & autographs topic asking for opinions on an Alec Guinness autograph - I don't know if anyone has seen it?
https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=41657

Hi everyone.

New here so thought I'd post an introduction. I'm Gaz - based in the North West.

I started collecting modern figures when the Special Editions came out in the '90s. Then graduated to vintage collecting, getting rid of the modern stuff along the way.

My focus is mainly on Original Trilogy vehicles - the figures I have are to only to ensure each has an appropriate crew compliment. I have nearly all the vehicles, with just a couple of exceptions. My collection is all loose/played with, and were bought and stored as found along with any spare parts I acquired along the way - obvs. no repro.

Now I have a bigger space to display them, I'll be working through each vehicle - stripping/cleaning and tracking-down any missing/broken parts. Happy to post up a thread on each one as I move through them.

I had a break for a few years, but have spent lockdown digging them all out of the loft and taking inventory so that I can track down a few missing parts and, having saved up, I can finally bite the bullet on the two missing vehicles that will anger my bank manager the most (Shuttle and Sandcrawler - gulp!).

Thanks.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Starship speed-shop said:
Hi everyone.

New here so thought I'd post an introduction. I'm Gaz - based in the North West.

I started collecting modern figures when the Special Editions came out in the '90s. Then graduated to vintage collecting, getting rid of the modern stuff along the way.

My focus is mainly on Original Trilogy vehicles - the figures I have are to only to ensure each has an appropriate crew compliment. I have nearly all the vehicles, with just a couple of exceptions. My collection is all loose/played with, and were bought and stored as found along with any spare parts I acquired along the way - obvs. no repro.

Now I have a bigger space to display them, I'll be working through each vehicle - stripping/cleaning and tracking-down any missing/broken parts. Happy to post up a thread on each one as I move through them.

I had a break for a few years, but have spent lockdown digging them all out of the loft and taking inventory so that I can track down a few missing parts and, having saved up, I can finally bite the bullet on the two missing vehicles that will anger my bank manager the most (Shuttle and Sandcrawler - gulp!).

Thanks.

Welcome Gaz :)

Thanks for a terrific introduction and insight into your collection. It sounds great, and I hope you soon manage to sort, clean and complete your vehicles! And as for the Shuttle and Sandcrawler, I hope you manage to add both to your collection; yes they can be expensive, but they also can be found, so best of luck!

In the meantime, please stick around and enjoy the forum. There's tonnes of knowledge here, along with friendly members and a vast library of pictures of people's collections, plus other fun things like figure and vehicle of the year polls, competitions, 'for sale' threads and more :)

Jeremy

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Welcome to the forum everyone, great to read your stories Starship speed-shop Galactic Director look forward to your contributions.

R2-SM

Youngling
Hi Folks,

I'm Steve, from North Lincs. A Star Wars addict since seeing it as a 7 year old kid in 78.

Had a respectable collection of figures back then, sold quite a few in the early 80's but thankfully kept quite a few of my favourites. My passion was reignited in the early 2000's and I slowly began building my loose figure collection back up again. Having some time on my hands during lockdown has inspired me to revisit my collection and I thought it was high time to get my figures out of shoe boxes and up on display in all their fineness. I custom built a part acrylic, part wood display cabinet (to house all 96 figures that were released on cardback). I'm happy to say this is now constructed and up on my wall complete with led lighting. I am only missing one figure to complete this long quest which is EV-9D9, but I'm working on it and should get there soon! The majority of their accessories are there and original to the best of my knowledge. I will be upgrading some figures that are not in quite as good condition as I would like, but I'd say it is 93% complete to my liking.

Single/Married: Married
Kids: 1
Collecting Focus: Vintage Star Wars loose in mint condition
Collecting interest: Kenner, Palitoy

Looking For:
Cloud Car Pilot with original accessories
EV-9D9

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
R2-SM said:
Hi Folks,

I'm Steve, from North Lincs. A Star Wars addict since seeing it as a 7 year old kid in 78.

Had a respectable collection of figures back then, sold quite a few in the early 80's but thankfully kept quite a few of my favourites. My passion was reignited in the early 2000's and I slowly began building my loose figure collection back up again. Having some time on my hands during lockdown has inspired me to revisit my collection and I thought it was high time to get my figures out of shoe boxes and up on display in all their fineness. I custom built a part acrylic, part wood display cabinet (to house all 96 figures that were released on cardback). I'm happy to say this is now constructed and up on my wall complete with led lighting. I am only missing one figure to complete this long quest which is EV-9D9, but I'm working on it and should get there soon! The majority of their accessories are there and original to the best of my knowledge. I will be upgrading some figures that are not in quite as good condition as I would like, but I'd say it is 93% complete to my liking.

Looking For:
EV-9D9

Welcome Steve, sounds like you have a great collection of figures, please post, we do like to see what and how fellow collectors display their collections.

Keep Safe 😃😷

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
R2-SM said:
Hi Folks,

Looking For:
EV-9D9
Welcome, yes please let's see some pictures of your cabinet.😀
Just a thought... If your thinking of up grading some of your figures please ensure that if they are your childhood ones don't sell them... they will always be priceless and impossible to get back.

R2-SM

Youngling
Ruby2511 said:
R2-SM said:
Hi Folks,

Looking For:
EV-9D9

Welcome Steve, sounds like you have a great collection of figures, please post, we do like to see what and how fellow collectors display their collections.

Keep Safe 😃😷

Thanks. Will do, just waiting till it's complete before I show it off!

R2-SM

Youngling
Mini99 said:
R2-SM said:
Hi Folks,

Looking For:
EV-9D9
Welcome, yes please let's see some pictures of your cabinet.😀
Just a thought... If your thinking of up grading some of your figures please ensure that if they are your childhood ones don't sell them... they will always be priceless and impossible to get back.

Good advice, I'd never sell my childhood ones. They are not perfect but way better than most I see up for sale and as you rightly point out hold a lot of nostalgia value! :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
R2-SM said:
Hi Folks,

Looking For:
EV-9D9

Welcome Steve! Thanks for the great introduction and well done for nearly completing your loose run. Feel free to share pictures of your collection in the 'Vintage Showcase' thread if you like, and in the meantime stick around and enjoy the forum :)

Jeremy

R2-SM

Youngling
Snaketibe said:
R2-SM said:
Hi Folks,

Looking For:
EV-9D9

Welcome Steve! Thanks for the great introduction and well done for nearly completing your loose run. Feel free to share pictures of your collection in the 'Vintage Showcase' thread if you like, and in the meantime stick around and enjoy the forum :)

Jeremy

Many thanks Jeremy, will do!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
R2-SM said:
theforceuk said:
Welcome @R2-SM great reading your intro!

Many thanks, enjoying building up my knowledge reading through old posts on here.

Thats why I like this forum, you don't need nowledge, just ask what you need to know. lol

Neil20vtc

Youngling
Hi just wanted introduce myself im Neil I live in kendal cumbria

I came across this site as I have decided to sell my large childhood collection of figures and vehicles playsets etc and it has helped find info on pricing so thanks for that

They were all kept at my grandparents house which is probably why they survived, after my grandparents passed on they have been stored in my loft

Rather than the toys just sitting there i thought it would be better to move them on, im going to try sell as a job lot at first and if I have no joy then I will list them separately

Neil

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Neil20vtc said:
Hi just wanted introduce myself im Neil I live in kendal cumbria

I came across this site as I have decided to sell my large childhood collection of figures and vehicles playsets etc and it has helped find info on pricing so thanks for that

They were all kept at my grandparents house which is probably why they survived, after my grandparents passed on they have been stored in my loft

Rather than the toys just sitting there i thought it would be better to move them on, im going to try sell as a job lot at first and if I have no joy then I will list them separately

Neil

Welcome to the forum Neil :)

Jeremy

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
Good morning all!

I'm Matt, i'm 43 and live in Louth, Lincs.

I came across this site when someone mentioned it in a comments section for a Star Wars blog and have been lurking around in the shadows for a few weeks now :D

Little back story: i've 'been into' Star Wars since around 1981 when TESB was hitting the movie theatres and every birthday and xmas until around 1985 seemed to involve opening plenty of Star Wars figures and vehicles with a few thrown into good measure during the year when my folks were either feeling flush or they just couldn't stand my whigning and begging for that must have item at the time!

Sadly around 2001 i thought it would be a great idea to sell all my childhood toys to raise some money for a deposit for a house. These toys were in great nick as i really looked after anything i had. Big regret looking back! :(

Anyway, i think around 2005, once i had my own place (especially with a spare room to fill with stuff :wink: ) I decided to collect moc/momc/misb off ebay! I think i had around 30 to 40 carded figures ROTJ, 4 or 5 Last 17 and smaller vehicles like speeder bikes etc.

And just like history repeating its self, yep you guessed it i sold the lot on ebay a few years later 'for a profit' :| Looking back now i had some great examples. The boxed speeder bike i had looked brand new. Compared to what you 'have' to pay now they were absolute bargains!

So enter 2020 and the collecting bug has hit again! At the moment i have both The Vintage Collection and Black Series and im also in the process of putting together a loose Kenner Vintage figure collection which i have around 50 figures atm all with original blasters etc.

So the plan is to finish my original loose figure collection, including The Last 17 then I will start buying up any moc/momc ROTJ figures as these cardbacks really resonate with my childhood, opening them and seeing them in the shops!

In the meantime I'll pre-order any new Vintage Collection and Black Series that i take a fancy too which then involves trying to smuggle anything into the house when it arrives!

Such fun! :lol:

Anyway enough of me rambling! Just thought i'd say 'hi' :lol: :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
kabuchi7 said:
Good morning all!

I came across this site when someone mentioned it in a comments section for a Star Wars blog and have been lurking around in the shadows for a few weeks now :D

Little back story: i've 'been into' Star Wars since around 1981 when TESB was hitting the movie theatres and every birthday and xmas until around 1985 seemed to involve opening plenty of Star Wars figures and vehicles with a few thrown into good measure during the year when my folks were either feeling flush or they just couldn't stand my whigning and begging for that must have item at the time!

Sadly around 2001 i thought it would be a great idea to sell all my childhood toys to raise some money for a deposit for a house. These toys were in great nick as i really looked after anything i had. Big regret looking back! :(

Anyway, i think around 2005, once i had my own place (especially with a spare room to fill with stuff :wink: ) I decided to collect moc/momc/misb off ebay! I think i had around 30 to 40 carded figures ROTJ, 4 or 5 Last 17 and smaller vehicles like speeder bikes etc.

And just like history repeating its self, yep you guessed it i sold the lot on ebay a few years later 'for a profit' :| Looking back now i had some great examples. The boxed speeder bike i had looked brand new. Compared to what you 'have' to pay now they were absolute bargains!

So enter 2020 and the collecting bug has hit again! At the moment i have both The Vintage Collection and Black Series and im also in the process of putting together a loose Kenner Vintage figure collection which i have around 50 figures atm all with original blasters etc.

So the plan is to finish my original loose figure collection, including The Last 17 then I will start buying up any moc/momc ROTJ figures as these cardbacks really resonate with my childhood, opening them and seeing them in the shops!

In the meantime I'll pre-order any new Vintage Collection and Black Series that i take a fancy too which then involves trying to smuggle anything into the house when it arrives!

Hi Matt,
Welcome and thanks for the introduction, your story is very similar to a lot of others here... :roll:
If your into your Modern don't forget to take a look at the modern section especially "the listening post" for new figure releases and feel free to add if you get news of new releases.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
kabuchi7 said:
Good morning all!

Welcome to the forum, Matt! Thanks for the introduction, it's good to have you aboard :)

Please stick around and get to know the place, as I think you'll like it. It's filled with friendly and helpful members and there's a wealth of knowledge and info here.

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom