!!SPOILERS!! The Mandalorian Spoilers Allowed Discussion Thread

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
indianawars said:
What an incredible journey! Loved ever episode from season 1 to 2. Well done Jon Favreau for reinstalling my faith.

Couldn't agree more mate,I'd rather watch these & NEVER watch the utter dog toffee that is the sequel trilogy ever again! :lol:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Twin30mm said:
Cazza said:
HOLY SH*T!!!! :eek: :shock: 8)

Well, that completely finished me off.
I was a blubbering mess for that final act.
The Luke we should have had in the ST.

Just a brilliant season all round.
That post credit sequence just topped it off.

HOLY **** indeed !!!!!

Got to say I had tears in my eyes, what an episode. Looking forward to seeing Boba Fett working his magic next year !!!

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I don't know what to say. Star Wars has such a huge emotion hold over me it's hard to know whether something is genuinely good or they've pulled the right nostalgia strings to make me over look the short comings. In this instance though I think it is both. A superb season and a finale that just kept getting better and better.

Seeing Luke again, as he should be - a Jedi knight, floored me though.

And then R2 showed up just to turn the waterworks up another notch.

Long live Filoni and Favreau.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Yep..hairs on the back of the neck, tears in the eyes, totally did me that episode :D x wing, Luke and R2 , left hook, right hook...uppercut , totally blown away, what a fantastic job they've done. Then the credits at the end, icing on the cake!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I really love that tv series and the best star wars disney have done since rogue one. But is it just me or is the gamorrean guards very skinny in that tv series even the ones in jabba's palace at the end of the last episode ? I remember them as fat and my vintage figures is also fat ? :? and could the face on luke have been made better ? But it is still a fantastic job they have done, I hope there will come a season 3 :D as I understand it The Book of Boba Fett will be a new tv series :? I have also read about a 3rd tv series called Rangers of the New Republic and a 4th called Ahsoka :shock: so will there now be 4 tv series ? I hope we will see some star destroyers and grand admiral thrawn :lol:

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wow, I'm blown away. That was pure perfection. The entire season was faultless. I really hope Jeremy Bulloch got to see Boba take the throne. Dave Filoni & Jon Favreau have taken Star Wars to the next level. Phenomenal.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Lars, agree on the Gammies! Was bugging me along with the occasional mis-fitting Stormtrooper helmet :lol:

Otherwise, fab though. Seeing that X-Wing arrive... I could barely breathe with anticipation. I was kind of expecting Luke, but didn't even consider R2- what an amazing surprise.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Best piece of Star Wars l have watched since 1983, although R1 comes close.

I teared up, I was shaking, guessed it was Luke, but to see R2 show up aswell set me right off.

And the same that we lost the original Fett in Jeremy,he takes his place on the throne.

A fitting, if unplanned tribute to him.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
How was Sabine allowed to hand over the Dark saber to Bo Katan, but not Din?

Why did Bib Fatuna deserve to die so cheaply?

Why are Weequays all called Weequay?

elcroz

Padawan
Amazing stuff. If only Team Favreau & Filoni were installed on the sequel trilogy

Attachments

• 937815B7-32D3-48BC-B2D0-E0F3688BCE45.jpeg
    937815B7-32D3-48BC-B2D0-E0F3688BCE45.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 511

Dantooine

Padawan
Pretty damn good wasn't it. Favereau really nailed the right tone for the tv series. Just the right amount of serious stuff mixed in with humour.

Great moment when the x-wing turned up, similar shot as when Slave 1 appeared earlier in the season. Luke was great but I've got to say I was taken out of it by the cgi. I don't understand how there are better deepfakes on YouTube of George Lucas and Harrison Ford than this show. That was the only real down point, though ultimately they should recast Luke. Still it's a small nit pick.

Mando taking his helmet of and saying goodbye was a tough watch! This tv show has really pulled off something nuts considering just how awful and misguided the ST films are.

Can't wait for The Book of Boba Fett, which I'm thinking is season 3 of The Mandalorian?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
A wonderful finale to a wonderful series! Even though I guessed Luke would show up, it still brought tears to my eyes as Jon Favreau finally treated the character with the respect and decency that was so sorely lacking in the ST. After watching Luke get utterly humiliated and destroyed at the cinema 3 years ago by a filmmaker who clearly doesn't understand or like the first thing about Star Wars, the canon, the characters or the fans, I finally feel like the foul taste that insulting fiasco left in my mouth is starting to be washed out by a true fan and talented creator in Favreau.

This is the Star Wars we should have had at the cinema. This is how Luke Skywalker should be treated. This is how you make a truly great addition to the Star Wars universe. This is the way.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Favreau has definitely nailed it, he has appealed to all sections of the SW public, the geeks, the die hards, and the new to SW, brilliant handling.

I know there are indications that the book of fett is the name for series 3 of Mando but I don't think so I think Fett will be stand alone as it would be too conflicting, Mando has created an instant iconic following and I feel that they have brought fett back ( how good is that) to Pre empt a new spin off, as they have done with the previous episode with Ashoka.

For me the Disney takeover and the Faverau inclusion has been the breath of fresh air needed, we have, Mando series 3 to come, Fett to come, Ashoka to come, Obi Wan to come, and loads of other spin offs, which is fantastic for SW fans old and new alike. What more could we ask for, talk about Christmas come early :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Michael Sith said:
Favreau has definitely nailed it, he has appealed to all sections of the SW public, the geeks, the die hards, and the new to SW, brilliant handling.

I know there are indications that the book of fett is the name for series 3 of Mando but I don't think so I think Fett will be stand alone as it would be too conflicting, Mando has created an instant iconic following and I feel that they have brought fett back ( how good is that) to Pre empt a new spin off, as they have done with the previous episode with Ashoka.

For me the Disney takeover and the Faverau inclusion has been the breath of fresh air needed, we have, Mando series 3 to come, Fett to come, Ashoka to come, Obi Wan to come, and loads of other spin offs, which is fantastic for SW fans old and new alike. What more could we ask for, talk about Christmas come early :D

Some more tv series or movies with Darth Vader :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
What a series and for once a fitting finale, just blown away by Luke turning up and then R2 I really was in a dream world. Who would have thought that the feeling we have all been craving in the cinema's would be served eventually at home. I'm so happy, with so much **** going on at the moment its so good to have this to enjoy,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom