The most in-depth guide to the original Kenner Star Wars Action Figures

readfivedesigns

Youngling
theforceuk said:
I really hope you do it, I have to say its not looking good at the moment it seems the core supporters have already backed you and your not even half way. Really unfortunate timing in the middle of a Pandemic and close to Christmas. Don't give up!

We never give up, we will keep going up to the end. We are constantly working hard to get the word out to make this project happen. After all we have put in over two years of work into this and won't give up that easily!

We will have some announcements next week that we are sure you will be happy with!

Thanks for the support!

readfivedesigns

Youngling
Just a little extra insight into the depth of this book. We originally thought the variations for each figure could go on its page with the figure spreads but soon realised we need this to be a separate chapter...
SW-Kenner-Book_Wave-A_Variations.jpg

Design may vary from final product.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Its certainly the book we have all been waiting for, still a long way to go. I have my fingers crossed for you.

readfivedesigns

Youngling
All backers of the book will now receive a set of sticker sheet which contain the predicted cards fronts and backs (printed in the book as tinted images). The stickers will be printed full strength so that if these cards ever come to light, you will be able to keep the book up-to-date thus future proofing it somewhat!

Attachments

• sticker_sheet_1_1000.jpg
    sticker_sheet_1_1000.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 560
  • sticker_sheet_2_1000.jpg
    sticker_sheet_2_1000.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 557

readfivedesigns

Youngling
Rewards Available through Kickstarter (SE sold out I'm afraid) but some still available in some of the limited versions

3-Jedi-Service-Corp.jpg

4-Jedi-Knight.jpg

5-Master-of-the-Order.jpg

6-Jedi-Consular.jpg

7-Jedi-Guardian.jpg

8-Jedi-Sentinal.jpg

9-Jedi-Master.jpg

10-Jedi-Council.jpg

readfivedesigns

Youngling
Some variations pages...

Attachments

• SW-Kenner-Book_Wave-A_Variations-1.jpg
    SW-Kenner-Book_Wave-A_Variations-1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 478
  • SW-Kenner-Book_Wave-A_Variations-2.jpg
    SW-Kenner-Book_Wave-A_Variations-2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 485

readfivedesigns

Youngling
Only a few days left to get in your order. Only available through Kickstarter!

F3B5A433-6747-4DD8-B14C-2278EEEB8926.jpeg

Here we have another insight into the book showing the list of figure packs available from the 1978 Sears Wish Book (again, still work in progress). It shows the depths this book will cover and not only covering Sears but also Alden's, Spiegel, Montgomery Ward and JC Penny along with other sources for the bagged figures.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm going to think about backing it this week. I love the look of this book but can't really spend the money before Christmas. It's a shame you couldn't extend the deadline a bit into next year.
Either way good luck with the project, it's a beautiful book.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I forgot how close this was to ending and have been on the fence with buying one since the Kickstarter went up due to having the Kellerman book and not really buying any more vintage SW really but thought I'd go for it as it's so nice looking and it would be great to have one final vintage book on this fantastic vintage toy line!

Backed and best of luck with getting it over the finishing line guys.

Ian

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
To hell with it! I've backed it and can't wait to receive it. Looks phenomenal, really hope you hit your target.

Treat yourself, it's only money!

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
I've backed it too, although its not looking promising that they're going to reach the target. :?

Palifan

Sith Lord
kabuchi7 said:
I've backed it too, although its not looking promising that they're going to reach the target. :?

I was thinking the same thing with only a few days to go but at least we can say we tried if it doesn't happen.

Ian

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
I really hope they hit the target. Now that I've backed it I'm really looking forward to getting it. Wonder if theres a contingency plan, they have the bulk of the money but can't see people shelling out this near to Christmas.

Fingers crossed.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Only £3600 short now with 11 hours to go...this looks very do able now.😀

Vernon

Jedi Knight
Congratulations. The target has been hit.
Can't wait!

readfivedesigns said:
Hello All,

We just wanted to make people aware of our new upcoming Kickstarter campaign which should launch 5th November.

We have just had approval for the campaign and you can visit the KICKSTARTER preview at this link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/readfivedesigns/star-wars-toy-guide-vol-1-kenner-action-figures-1977-1985

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom