Latest Acquisitions

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
AndyPreston said:
I'd like to share the latest addition to my collection, a true 'holy grail' piece for me, and one that has really excited and enthused me. The snowy Hoth scenes in The Empire Strikes Back are among my favourite parts of the saga, and in all of the behind the scenes footage and photos, the distinctive crew jackets really stand out, the bright blue colouring contrasting with the orange and black panels on the arms, and featuring the Star Wars, Empire, and Norwegian Unit patches. I have wanted to own one of these for many years, but always thought it would be an unattainable piece, beyond my wildest dreams.

But this year, the 40th anniversary of Empire, my 50th birthday year, and the year in which I was lucky enough to visit the filming location in Finse, my dream has come true. This is what's known to collectors as an 'executive' crew jacket, and was one of the first run of jackets ordered - almost a prototype, before the larger run of jackets were ordered, and mostly allocated to executives and producers, hence the name. The 'executive' jacket differs from the standard one, having different pockets, additional orange and black panels in the collar, and lacking the white name tag patch. I acquired it directly from the original owner, seen here on location wearing the red hat.

This is now the central piece in my collection, and I'm really delighted to be the custodian of such an iconic and special treasure for a time. D351BB59-57E5-4BE9-9249-7078E7F93859.jpeg
A672534C-AD0C-47D4-857B-0C9875DD9BC4.jpeg
D01F78F5-640D-494F-8296-9C66C2B1AD93.jpeg

Congratulations Andy on the addition of a Grail piece for you.
Stunning piece, I just don't know where you make the contracts to acquire such a piece.
Great central piece of your amazing collection.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Wow AndyPreston that really is a great item, congratulations and thanks for the inspiration that dreams do come true! lol

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
AndyPreston said:
I'd like to share the latest addition to my collection, a true 'holy grail' piece for me, and one that has really excited and enthused me. The snowy Hoth scenes in The Empire Strikes Back are among my favourite parts of the saga, and in all of the behind the scenes footage and photos, the distinctive crew jackets really stand out, the bright blue colouring contrasting with the orange and black panels on the arms, and featuring the Star Wars, Empire, and Norwegian Unit patches. I have wanted to own one of these for many years, but always thought it would be an unattainable piece, beyond my wildest dreams.

But this year, the 40th anniversary of Empire, my 50th birthday year, and the year in which I was lucky enough to visit the filming location in Finse, my dream has come true. This is what's known to collectors as an 'executive' crew jacket, and was one of the first run of jackets ordered - almost a prototype, before the larger run of jackets were ordered, and mostly allocated to executives and producers, hence the name. The 'executive' jacket differs from the standard one, having different pockets, additional orange and black panels in the collar, and lacking the white name tag patch. I acquired it directly from the original owner, seen here on location wearing the red hat.

This is now the central piece in my collection, and I'm really delighted to be the custodian of such an iconic and special treasure for a time. D351BB59-57E5-4BE9-9249-7078E7F93859.jpeg

Wow

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Congratulations Andy. A highly desirable piece and quite righty now the centre piece of your collection! :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
AndyPreston said:

What an iconic jacket and that is a truly greta 50th present you bought yourself! I can't believe the condition of it after all these years and that is a true grail piece you have there.

Massive congratulations for getting it and all I'm wondering is are you ever going to wear it out? :D

Ian

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
AndyPreston said:

Super Cool Jacket, I would be tempted to wear it but I guess it's irreplaceable so you can't, 50th Birthday presents don't get much better than that!

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Latest edition to the collection. Never seen one before so decided to pick it up.

Attachments

• IMG_1664.jpg
    IMG_1664.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_1665.jpg
    IMG_1665.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_1666.jpg
    IMG_1666.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_1669.jpg
    IMG_1669.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 357

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Managed to pick up a Large Head Han recently which I have wanted since I started collecting again in 2017 as I had one in my first collection in 2001 so it offered more Nostalgia for me. I only need two more MOC's now to replace everything I sold in 2004 which was my reason for getting back into collecting.

Attachments

• 4CD2F0DD-7BAE-478D-A3B7-5ACF6C43C013.jpeg
    4CD2F0DD-7BAE-478D-A3B7-5ACF6C43C013.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 321

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Managed to pick up a Large Head Han recently which I have wanted since I started collecting again in 2017 as I had one in my first collection in 2001 so it offered more Nostalgia for me. I only need two more MOC's now to replace everything I sold in 2004 which was my reason for getting back into collecting.

:eek:

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
theforceuk said:
Wow top banana on that the 12 back Han! lol Congrats!

Thanks, still need two more 30 backs to complete what I set out to do but I think I might be waiting a while for them unless I get lucky.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:

Congratulations. That's a wonderful pick up :)

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Thanks guys, it's forced me to rethink my display as I have had to add another figure but it's worth it as I get to look at it most days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom