End of 2020 collecting review and goals for 2021

Pomse2001

Grand Master
My goals for 2021 will be the same as 2019 :lol:

1. A few more moc.
2. Vinyl Cape Jawa.
3. Kenner Death Star playset with box.
4. Sonic Controlled Landspeeder with box.
5. More moc, cardbacks and boxes with danish price stickers on them for my danish focus.
6. A POCH cardback.
7. A Toltoys cardback.
8. Barada with no coo 1984.
9. Backdrop for the Hero Set.
10. Radio Controlled R2D2 with box.

Maybe I should try to get some of the more easy ones in 2021 Kenner Death Star playset with box and Radio Controlled R2D2 with box :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
My goals this year were:

1) Trilogo 70C Nikto, to upgrade my cardback
2) MISB Snowspeeder
3) MISB Palitoy AT-ST (Hoth scene)
4) French ESB for Nintendo Game Boy (L'Empire Contre-Attaque!)
5) Boba Fett baggie
6) 12 Back Luke
7) And any more Palitoy/trilogo bubble MOCs I can find. A Rebel Commander or Ben Kenobi would be nice, I know they both exist

The only one I managed was a Ree Yees for goal 7, so not a complete wash out but a bit disappointing. I haven't bought much at all this year, and unless the world returns to some normality soon I don't see 2021 being any more ambitious for me. So I guess I can just repeat the above, but don't hold out much hope.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
My wants for 2020 were not fulfilled really

1. Complete 21 back run mixed Palitoy and Kenner ( all issues/ reseal/damaged) only 3 to go LXW, Wally and R5
Only R5 and a bubble for DSD needed in 2021
2. Acrylic display for my 4 pack save
Didn't get
3. Begin to collect baggies for 15 pack ( this will take a while!)
Have 4 of these done so will be a while yet to go
4. 12 inch Chewie and Luke ( loose)
Didn't get, missed out on eBay on a Luke but patience does it

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Last year's goals were:
1. Complete the 12/20 back MOC run - 6 left, all the expensive ones! :roll:
2. Leia Hoth on a Tri Logo with as mint a card and bubble as possible. - been looking for ages for a mint one.
3. ROTJ Biker Scout blaster MIB.
4. ESB Han Solo MOC
5. ESB C3PO Removerable Limbs MOC
6. ESB R2D2 Solid Dome MOC

And the outcome:
1. Still need 4, so not too bad.
2. No...came close on one occasion, but that doesn't count does it :roll:
3. No
4. Yes and it's a Palitoy one. :D
5. No, I forgot this one...
6. Yes.

So not too bad really when all is taken into account.

2021 - try to find or more realistically afford the items left on the list and to still have fun and enjoy doing so. :D

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
My goals for 2020

1. Complete my loose run of bounty hunters-Done
2. ESB Palitoy closed belly Tauntaun-Done
3. ESB Palitoy open belly Tauntaun-Done
4. ESB Palitoy Snow Speeder-Still looking
5. ESB Palitoy AT-AT-Still looking
6. Hoth play set (any of them)
7. Palitoy Wompa box
8. ESB radar mini rig-sort of done, a nice ROTJ kenner place holder for now thats complete.

I think I could of achieved a few more but i'm trying to stick to Palitoy, but I dont think I did to bad. Collecting modern and large scale stuff alongside vintage so I have to pick and choose at times.

lejackal

Grand Master
My 2020 goals were:
1- a trilogo RL Threepio (rolled over from previous years) - nailed this
2- add a few more loose and MOC - I actually moved on most of my stuff and dived into other lines/collections

For 2021 I'm going to mostly be focused on other stuff I think, starting with some more Play Asterix items. Star Wars might see an addition or two, although I've not really got a plan.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Always fun this thread.

Grant_C said:
Didn't fill this in last year as I was away on travels at the time. But always enjoy reading this thread.

01: Trilogo Leia Hoth
02: Star Wars Luke Farmboy
03: Star Wars Death Squad Commander
04: Star Wars Luke X-Wing
05: ESB Death Star Droid
06: ESB Power Droid
07: Trilogo Ugnaught
08: Star Wars 3 Pack
09: Palitoy Dengar Mailer
10: Star Wars Ben Kenobi

Humm.......got 2 of those.

This year:

01: Trilogo Leia Hoth
02: Trilogo ERG
03: Trilogo Luke Poncho
04: Star Wars Luke X-Wing
05: ESB Death Star Droid
06: ESB Power Droid
07: ESB Luke Bespin 2nd Pic
08: ESB Yoda
09: ESB Tripod Laser Cannon
10: ESB Scout Walker

maxf

Jedi Master
Well what a year...

Last year my collecting goals were:

1. Get the palitoy run knocked on the head - or just so I'm looking for C3PO on a 45a for ever more.
2. Find a palitoy mailer 4-Lom and Rancor Keeper
3. Find a Palitoy ESB store display hanger
4. Nice boxed Earlybird Kit
5. Add some proof cards (if the market returns nearer to sensible levels)
6. Add some Non-toy items (got a long list I'd like but will have to see what comes up).
7. Get my loose run on display and a display case for everything else

Mixed bag - I finished my Palitoy first 20 run but split the ESB run and downsized that considerably. I did get a Mailer Rancor Keeper, but no 4-lom yet. I found an ESB hanger which I love and also managed to add some proof cards... fairly successful then really!

Next year I honestly dont know what will happen. Splitting my run was a relief, as I was hunting items which I didnt care for, just 'because' - I doubt I'll buy anywhere near as much in 2021, although do want to keep my hand in.

Since becoming a Dad this year I've switched much of my spending onto life stuff rather than spending hundreds or thousands on items just to put into a display case. I'm at a crossroads I think.

My only aim for 2021 is to nail my display and get it how I want it - maybe a few new items, but mostly it's down to consolidating what I already have.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
maxf said:
Since becoming a Dad this year I've switched much of my spending onto life stuff rather than spending hundreds or thousands on items just to put into a display case. I'm at a crossroads I think.

Yes I know how you feel, I spent much of this year pondering over whether I should considerably downsize my collection. I only ended up selling a couple of things this year, but I'm fnding it harder to justify having expensive 'stuff' in cupboards while, although my family aren't going without anything, the money could undoubtedly be spent more constructively. We will see...

quins

Padawan
Supporter
I didnt complete my loose collection.
Still need to get about 5 i think.

Added a Darths TIE and a TIE moc so pleased with those.

Also picked up a Greedo and Hamerhead moc.
Added others i hadnt planned on getting and also moved quite a few on to pay for the new additions

Maybe complete my loose.

Hopefully pick up a Snaggletooth moc and some more of Jabbas mates mocs like Weequay.

That will be more than enough and looking forward to it.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Hopefully I will complete my loose figures, think I have around 6 to go!!

Then 15 of the last 17 to go, but think they will be Birthday/Christmas purchases to be honest.

I do want to start collecting POTF2 freeze frame MOC's but think that will take a back burner until I get the loose collection finished 👍😁

coomber75

Sith Lord
well i failed pretty spectacularly, i only upgraded my han sw back from reseal to sealed meant to sell on the reseal but i stupidly bought the small head and couldnt part with large head ... so no money recouped there tgen :roll:
other bit i picked up was a die cast y wing box and a graded insert, plan was to break open graded and pop it in... not been brave enough yet!
next year... finish the moc run (bar yak)
finish die cast mib run... y wing and tie bomber

coomber75

Sith Lord
due to Nick being a star and holding the lobot for me 2021 is off to a flyer.. moc run complete by end of Jan!!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm going to continue completing my boxed items as much as possible, instructions, inserts and correct posters or booklets where ever possible. Also get them in display cases and out on show. Not ruling out any MOC purchases depending on what pops up for the right price. Will be a year in March since I bought a MOC!

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thats a good point, I should look out for any booklets and various inserts for my boxed tauntauns and anything else to really complete them.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Well this has been quite the rubbish year on so many levels what with losing a friend in James Martin and the pandemic in general and all that has been associated with it. From a collection perspective though, 2020 has somehow managed to be the complete opposite...

I didn't have many specific items on my list when we started the year, but I did have a couple plus some wishy washy targets too and I've been very fortunate.

The specific items on my list were:

Palitoy die cast TIE Fighter MOC - Done
Palitoy 30B AT-AT Driver MOC - Done
Canadian O-Pee-Chee third series SW display box - Done
UK Topps second series SW display box - Still looking

The wishy washy targets were:

Morinaga sweet packets - Managed to pick up 2 different styles of boxes but still need the Smarties style 'tube' version
Die cast TIE Fighter MOCS to add to the focus - Managed to add the Palitoy as above but also added a 'Special Instruction' 12 back TIE MOC. Also upgraded my 12 back TIE MOC and my ESB TIE MOC
AT-AT Driver MOCS to add to the focus - Managed to add the 30B as above but also a nice Spanish PBP MOC which I wasn't expecting! Also upgraded a couple of others

Managed to pick up some more bits that I wasn't expecting but am delighted to have acquired:

Weequay on Barada trilogo miscard
Canadian O-Pee-Chee sealed first series wax pack
Canadian Special Offer AT-AT with Canadian AT-AT Driver MOC (needed a couple of things to make complete - I've added Canadian instructions and swapped in the correct brochure and survival kit, but still need new inserts)
Canadian Consumers Distributing Special Offer AT-AT with Canadian AT-AT Driver, AT-AT Commander and Stormtrooper MOCs - all complete and includes the CD catalogue

So for my 2021 wishlist...

Specific items

Vaccine for all so we can get out of this mess!
UK Topps second series SW display box
Morinaga sweet tube
Set of AT-AT inserts (Kenner version)
ESB-A Hoth Stormtrooper baggie to complete my 6 pack

Wishy washy targets

Die cast TIE Fighter MOCS to add to the focus - still need Meccano and Toltoys plus short wing DV TIE on TIE cardback (good luck with that then!)
AT-AT Driver MOCS to add to the focus - Palitoy and Kenner US done so looking for other markets (good luck with that too then!)
Topps related bits I don't have - Initial display box, UK candy heads display box etc.
Trebor bits I don't have (which is most of it! I've got about two thirds of a SW display box) - ESB Chewbar display box and wrappers, SW display boxes and wrappers

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Vaccine for all so we can get out of this mess!

How right is that Lom ! Absolutely agree get that Jab so we can all get on with out lives :D :D

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
I didn't really have any goals for 2020.

However in 2021
I would hope to
Add to my 12 backs - I'm half way there.
Find a Power Droid to complete my 20 backs.
Add to my Tri Logo L17 run.
Finish some boxed vehicles with the inserts and leaflet/instructions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom