Thank You SWFUK

Jez

Sith Lord
LEGENDS!!
I just wanted to publicly thank SWFUK, edd_jedi the moderators, and members for their support of The Running Stormtrooper project over the last 5 years.

I simply must thank:
edd_jedi for being there from the beginning and allowing numerous threads over the years including the legendary SWFUK Prize Draws (2015-2018 - the 2015 one was pre-stormtrooper).

Stuart Skinner for going above and beyond: creating and hosting 2 x pub quizzes, helping with my big 2018 raffle, being at both long runs and being the anchor for the Running Stormtrooper Podcast.

SublevelStudios Mark Daniels for his inspired work creating some awesome collecting pieces, boxes and posters with a Vintage theme whilst generating some generous income for the charities. For also being the creative genius behind the Running Stormtrooper virtual medal series which has helped to generate over £5000 on their own!

The Jabba's crew on Facebook for holding several fundraisers for my charities, it really is appreciated.

SAVORY100 Steve Savory for running at least a marathon with me on the day of the 100km run, also running a lot of the 40 miler with me and keeping me going with advice and food!

Grant, Craig, Simon, Dan, Marc and everyone involved in Generation Skywalker for the positivity.

Richard_H Richard and the TVR gang for always giving shout outs and public support.

All of the folk on the forum who have supported me along the way including coming to run with me at Black Park and Pinewood Studios.

Everyone who has donated something to one of the prize draws or raffles, you're all awesome! Thank you.

I know i'll unfortunately be accidentally missing some people out (there are so many), i'm sorry!

Highlights
2016 - London Marathon
2017 - London Marathon (Guinness Record) , Star Wars Celebration 4 x Half Marathons and the 40 Mile run at Black Park & Pinewood Studios
2018 - London Marathon and a 100km run at Lucasfilm, Black Park and Pinewood Studios.
2020 - A through year challenge of 1000 miles in armour (challenge announced pre coronavirus)

The Running Stormtrooper is done. I can/will do no more.

In total this crazy project has smashed the original target of £2,000 set in 2016 and has now raised over £63,000 plus gift aid!! (just under £70K).

To hear the final Running Stormtrooper podcast see here:
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/episode/3C3OlJY8XdPSQGjQW1uYsW
Castbox etc - https://castbox.fm/episode/The-End-of-the-Running-Stormtrooper-id2607248-id341766682?country=gb

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It's an amazing achivement Jez, not just the amount of money but raising awareness, getting people involved, helping others get fit, and many other accomplishments! You should be very proud 8)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
£70k Wow that is stunning Jez...congratulations! What a mammoth effort.

In these times it's people like you that re in-still faith in human nature, people who do something that helps others, no ulterior motive, no self interest, just doing it because they are selfless and want to make a difference. God knows in these times we need people like you Jez..congratulations buddy your an inspiration to us all, and what an amazing thing to do...what's next? First stormy on the moon :lol: seriously mate massive bow to you .. congratulations, and thank you for all you do :D

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
It's a phenomenal achievement, Jez. Such a great cause and such a great bloke- I'm really not surprised at all that you have garnered such support over the last few years. Anyone approached you about film rights yet? ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom