In 2020 I'm hoping to add:
1. More 20/21 backs Nope
2. Molded Legs Han Hoth, Painted Torso Leia Boushh Yay to both
3. Zuckuss Made in China Baggie and Lili Ledy Zuckuss Nope
4. 4 line coo Dengar Yay
5. MIB Imperial Troop Transporter Nope
6. Dagobah Playset Nope
7. Early Bird Certificate Package Nope
Well lockdown happened. Prices shot up. And I was priced out of the MOC and MIB market. So not much happened there. So I hit variants big time.
In 2021 I'm hoping to add:
1. Poch chocolate legs Han Hoth
2. Poch black neck Lando
3. Mecanno Rebel Soldier
4. Zuckuss Made in China Baggie and Lili Ledy Zuckuss
5. Early Bird Certificate Package
6. MIB Imperial Troop Transporter
7. MIB Darth Vader Tie Fighter

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
More Anakin Offer MOCs! Especially Bib and Nikto
Complete Icarus placemat collection
Maybe a Pop up R2 upgrade
Get my SNES Super Return of the Jedi game back from @Christian, thanks @Clarkspie&chips :lol: :wink:
Super Empire Strikes Back complete boxed to complete that run!
And of course a few meet ups and beers with you all, next sou'westers meet up in Swindon late Jan/Feb?
Sorry for not posting and chatting much this year (2020) shitty last half of the year for me personally, anxiety messing me right up!

Really missed all the meet ups, more than I ever thought I would!

On the collecting side of things I got what I wanted, Bib and Nikto with Anakin offers, thought I'd be really pleased but always a weird feeling completing a focus!

Have a stunning SNES ESB game, complete with original woolies receipt and Christian sent back my ROTJ game with a stunning case!

Bought some more plates too :roll:

This year will be any Anakin offer figures I've not got. Looking at tie Pilot, Yoda, Kenobi and Han bespin especially! Not looking for much beyond these, besides meeting up and hugging as many of you guys as possible this year!

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
My 2020 goals were:
1. A couple more significant U.K. store display and/or food related pieces; Yes - 3 store display posters and a HCF pencil sharpeners box
2. The elusive Helix 10 fibre tip pens set; No - still looking
3. The pieces I need to finish my Frankel & Roth bags, Palitoy diecast, and HCF runs; No - but need only the diecast X-wing, and a Han / Gamorrean memo pad for the HCF run.
4. An original trilogy prop or cast & crew item; Yes - a real grail piece for me, a Norway crew jacket from Empire, along with an Empire crew shirt
5. Some great memories from a trip to Finse for Visit Hoth; Yes - a fantastic experience and
6. Some more great friendships within the hobby. Yes definitely - but sadly not so much in person.

I have had a really good collecting year overall, been lucky with a few key pieces and otherwise found some cool items on FB and eBay. I've also really enjoyed the Farthest From and other live events online, and contributing to the Vintage Rebellion podcast. I've also been gifted a Detolf cabinet for Christmas so I can start to display some of my collection, which is a real treat for me.

My key acquisitions this year:

9EA0ABF2-AA00-40C5-A126-E493F1E9E7F1.jpeg

New / revised goals for 2021 -
1. Agree with Lom, let's all get vaccinated so that we can meet in person again at Farthest From, Echo Live and other great events.
2. At least one significant U.K. store display
3. The elusive Helix 10 fibre tip pens set
4. The pieces I need to finish my Frankel & Roth bags, Palitoy diecast, and/or HCF runs
5. An original trilogy prop or cast & crew item

I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year!

jayums

Jedi Master
Last year was a write off for me - this year I'm going to build up a loose collection from scratch, without being too fussy about accessories. Wish me luck cos I think I might need it !

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Great to see lots of people doing really well and understandable that some hit a bit of a wall...

Here were mine:

ESB Dairylea Box- nope :(
UK Topps Series 1 sealed wax pack - Yep (thanks Andy_Preston )
Palitoy first 20 reseals: Ben, Vader, Leia, DSC, Jawa, Luke, Hammerhead, Snag, PD, Wally + a good DSD -Yep, to all but Vader. Mainly thanks to Ian Palifan
Palitoy Dengar mailer (can't see this ever happening!) - nope
Loose diecast: Falcon, Star Destroyer, Y-Wing -nope

So, 2021's list:
UK Topps Series 2 sealed wax pack
Palitoy Darth Vader 12-bk reseal
Palitoy Dengar mailer :lol:
Loose diecast: Falcon, Star Destroyer, Y-Wing
'The Force' Lightsaber (red)
Darth Vader's TIE Fighter Airfix Model (unused)

Gadders

Padawan
I always love these threads, its great to see what people hope to get and have got. Some amazing items shown.

I never got round to setting goals for 2020, mainly as I didnt expect to get much.
However, in reality, I got quite a bit of stuff, which I am very happy with... in no particular order:
i) Spanish PBP/Poch adverts
ii) French Meccano adverts
iii) French Meccano posters
iv) Top Toys Chirpa cardback ~(been wanting a Top Toys cardback for a while)
v) POTF One Man Sand Skimmer instruction sheet (am looking for Imperial Sniper and Security Scout sheets if anyone has for sale)
vi) a couple of lovely Kenner Canada boxes (Cantina and Hoth Ice Planet Playsets)
vii) Boxed Battle Damaged TIE Fighter (been on my list for a while)
viii) POTF Ewok Combat playpack - this was a grail item for me, and completed my trio of the playpacks
ix) Lily Ledy Squidhead
x) Early Bird Display Stand - bought in a bundle with first 12 figures loose - sold the figures and got the stand for nothing
xi) "Wampa" variant boxed Hoth Wampa

Attachments

• 20200703_123954.jpg
    20200703_123954.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 402
  • 20200803_120736.jpg
    20200803_120736.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 409
  • 20200814_150301.jpg
    20200814_150301.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 405
  • 20200814_150325.jpg
    20200814_150325.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 400
  • 20200814_181354.jpg
    20200814_181354.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 404
  • 20201029_125723.jpg
    20201029_125723.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 411
  • 20201224_112113.jpg
    20201224_112113.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 406

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
I've been trying to put together a mint loose run together for 20+ years now, but being on a tight budget has been tricky but I'm slowly getting there. I did better than expected in 2020 and picked up a few of the last 17.... Warok, Amanaman, Imperial Dignitary (no nose rub) and Luke stormtrooper unfortunately came with a (blue/black blaster) so need to find that.

My goals for 2021 are

1) Lando Calrissian (General Pilot)
2) Luke Skywalker Poncho
3) R2D2 with Pop Up Lightsabre
4) Luke Farm boy (upgrade required)
5) R2-D2 solid dome (upgrade required)

Accessories needed...on these i might end up buying complete loose and sell of the figures off.

x1 Cloud Car Pilot Comlink :lol:
x1 Luke Skywalker (in Stormtrooper disguise) blaster only :lol: :lol:
x3 Leia blasters :lol: :lol: :lol:
x2 Endor Blasters (Black) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Clawrence said:
I've been trying to put together a mint loose run together for 20+ years now, but being on a tight budget has been tricky but I'm slowly getting there. I did better than expected in 2020 and picked up a few of the last 17.... Warok, Amanaman, Imperial Dignitary (no nose rub) and Luke stormtrooper unfortunately came with a (blue/black blaster) so need to find that.

My goals for 2021 are

1) Lando Calrissian (General Pilot)
2) Luke Skywalker Poncho
3) R2D2 with Pop Up Lightsabre
4) Luke Farm boy (upgrade required)
5) R2-D2 solid dome (upgrade required)

Accessories needed...on these i might end up buying complete loose and sell of the figures off.

x1 Cloud Car Pilot Comlink :lol:
x1 Luke Skywalker (in Stormtrooper disguise) blaster only :lol: :lol:
x3 Leia blasters :lol: :lol: :lol:
x2 Endor Blasters (Black) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scrap this for the first time for 2021 i'm going to star a focus "Squid Head" one of my favourite ROTJ characters. Fancy a change of direction and going to collect anything squid related.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom