Tri-Logo / PBP Snowtrooper Skirt Question

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm hoping someone on the forum may be able to help me out with this one. I recently acquired a lovely white double-scar Snowtrooper figure (minus skirt), which I believe to be a Tri-Logo / PBP / European issue. I believe there are several different scar versions available, so maybe mine is specific to PBP or Tri-logo, but I think (much like many figures like the PBP and Tri-Logo Boba Fett variants), they were available in multiple European markets and on various cardbacks. But that's not my question! :-D

Since the 1990's I have owned a round-hole Snowtrooper skirt, but I never had the correct figure to put it with until now. The skirt has been stored away, and hence I had completely forgotten how unusual it is. One side is dull and matte, whilst the other side is incredibly glossy and shiny. I've done my best to capture both sides in the photos below, but even these don't really do the difference justice.

My question is, does anyone please know which way round the skirt should be fitted to the figure? I'm guessing it came with the shiny side facing inwards touching the figure and the matte side outwards, but I could be wrong! Does anyone know for sure, perhaps by owning a sealed T-L Snowtrooper with the skirt still attached?

Many thanks.

Jeremy

PBP Snowtrooper - 01.jpg

PBP Snowtrooper - 02.jpg

PBP Snowtrooper - 03.jpg

PBP Snowtrooper - 04.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think the shiny side facing inwards would be correct but then again I am 99% sure that people on the factory did not care about that so I think they can be found with both :?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
I think the shiny side facing inwards would be correct but then again I am 99% sure that people on the factory did not care about that so I think they can be found with both :?

Thanks Lars. I'm sure you're right that they may come both ways, but I also assume there is probably a 'correct' way round, and you have confirmed what I was thinking, so thank you. It also means I can now dress him and show him off in all his skirted glory, along with a few non-socially-distanced mates! :-D

It's amazing just how different the plastic is on the PBP / T-L version!

Walking In The Air - 01.jpg

Walking In The Air - 02.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe
I've only just seen this post so sorry for the late reply.
I have a TL Snowtrooper MOC but the figure is a uni visor figure, which I assume isn't a PBP variant.
The skirt is also the normal one with slits and nit a circle.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
@Snaketibe
I have a TL Snowtrooper MOC but the figure is a uni visor figure, which I assume isn't a PBP variant.

That's interesting. Thanks for expanding my knowledge! :-D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:
@Snaketibe

Attachments

• 440D8CFA-C620-4D83-A1BA-83AA91639D22.jpeg
    440D8CFA-C620-4D83-A1BA-83AA91639D22.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 527

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:
@Snaketibe

That's a gorgeous example!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Thanks Lars. I'm sure you're right that they may come both ways, but I also assume there is probably a 'correct' way round, and you have confirmed what I was thinking, so thank you. It also means I can now dress him and show him off in all his skirted glory, along with a few non-socially-distanced mates! :-D

It's amazing just how different the plastic is on the PBP / T-L version!

Walking In The Air - 01.jpg

Walking In The Air - 02.jpg

I am glad that I could help :D It looks fantastic on the picture, it looks just like toy of the week :lol:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I honestly don't think there would be a 'correct' way for this. They would bung them on anyway they could in the factory.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
I honestly don't think there would be a 'correct' way for this. They would bung them on anyway they could in the factory.

You may well be right, but it does seem odd to have such different sides to the skirt. I've opted for shiny side in as the other way around looks a bit too glam rock for Star Wars! :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Cazza said:

You may well be right, but it does seem odd to have such different sides to the skirt. I've opted for shiny side in as the other way around looks a bit too glam rock for Star Wars! :lol:

Then again there is a correct side for the kenobi, vader and lando capes :? But I am sure it is different with the skirt :lol:

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Hey Jeremy, sorry for being late to the party. Here's my tri Snowtrooper, it's hard to tell be the skirt holes definitely look tighter than the loose one I have.

ABAF45BE-76A7-49C0-85C7-DE3F53AAD8B9.jpeg

D1336327-F240-43B0-A6B6-DFD3F8696E7B.jpeg

Let me know if it's what your after and take him out of the case and I'll get some better pics.

Cheers

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Clarkspie&chips said:
Hey Jeremy, sorry for being late to the party. Here's my tri Snowtrooper, it's hard to tell be the skirt holes definitely look tighter than the loose one I have.

ABAF45BE-76A7-49C0-85C7-DE3F53AAD8B9.jpeg

D1336327-F240-43B0-A6B6-DFD3F8696E7B.jpeg

Let me know if it's what your after and take him out of the case and I'll get some better pics.

Cheers

Thanks very much for these (and what a great MOC, btw!). Looking at the pics, it almost looks like the shiny side of the skirt is facing outwards rather than inwards. Is that the case please, or is it a trick of the light?

Thanks.

Jeremy

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I've taken some more pics this morning in the light and without the acrylic although the bubble does make it hard to see the shine on the vinyl.

I'm confident the hole is circular and pretty sure the glossy side is on the inside. It was also sold in the UK (69p!)

Bear in mind it's a trilogo - when QC went out of the window, so it's quite possible the skirt was put on backwards. :D

9EF485A8-C636-4CF0-B458-4228D8A72E05.jpeg

D97D0115-D1C8-4E2D-80A7-99085C9F2D30.jpeg

1351C82D-5723-4AC3-AA78-64EAAE7D2B30.jpeg

8228E0E6-CBC1-4702-BD0C-2F0143E70AE2.jpeg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Clarkspie&chips said:
I've taken some more pics this morning in the light and without the acrylic although the bubble does make it hard to see the shine on the vinyl.

I'm confident the hole is circular and pretty sure the glossy side is on the inside. It was also sold in the UK (69p!)

Bear in mind it's a trilogo - when QC went out of the window, so it's quite possible the skirt was put on backwards. :D

9EF485A8-C636-4CF0-B458-4228D8A72E05.jpeg

D97D0115-D1C8-4E2D-80A7-99085C9F2D30.jpeg

1351C82D-5723-4AC3-AA78-64EAAE7D2B30.jpeg

8228E0E6-CBC1-4702-BD0C-2F0143E70AE2.jpeg

Many thanks once again. It's true what you say about the QC on Tri-Logos of course, but if yours has the shiny side inwards, it makes me feel like I've made the right decision to display mine the same way (and to be honest, I think it looks better that way too). As for the 69p price tag... Where's my TARDIS? :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom