Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
kabuchi7 said:
Good morning all!

I'm Matt, i'm 43 and live in Louth, Lincs.

I came across this site when someone mentioned it in a comments section for a Star Wars blog and have been lurking around in the shadows for a few weeks now :D

Little back story: i've 'been into' Star Wars since around 1981 when TESB was hitting the movie theatres and every birthday and xmas until around 1985 seemed to involve opening plenty of Star Wars figures and vehicles with a few thrown into good measure during the year when my folks were either feeling flush or they just couldn't stand my whigning and begging for that must have item at the time!

Sadly around 2001 i thought it would be a great idea to sell all my childhood toys to raise some money for a deposit for a house. These toys were in great nick as i really looked after anything i had. Big regret looking back! :(

Anyway, i think around 2005, once i had my own place (especially with a spare room to fill with stuff :wink: ) I decided to collect moc/momc/misb off ebay! I think i had around 30 to 40 carded figures ROTJ, 4 or 5 Last 17 and smaller vehicles like speeder bikes etc.

And just like history repeating its self, yep you guessed it i sold the lot on ebay a few years later 'for a profit' :| Looking back now i had some great examples. The boxed speeder bike i had looked brand new. Compared to what you 'have' to pay now they were absolute bargains!

So enter 2020 and the collecting bug has hit again! At the moment i have both The Vintage Collection and Black Series and im also in the process of putting together a loose Kenner Vintage figure collection which i have around 50 figures atm all with original blasters etc.

So the plan is to finish my original loose figure collection, including The Last 17 then I will start buying up any moc/momc ROTJ figures as these cardbacks really resonate with my childhood, opening them and seeing them in the shops!

In the meantime I'll pre-order any new Vintage Collection and Black Series that i take a fancy too which then involves trying to smuggle anything into the house when it arrives!

Such fun! :lol:

Anyway enough of me rambling! Just thought i'd say 'hi' :lol: :D

Welcome to the forum, Matt! Small world, I lived in Louth from 1984-1987, my dad grew up there and my parents ran Alfred's Restaurant (I believe it's a dog grooming salon now!) I went to Kidgate Primary School for a few years. That period was when I got all my Star Wars toys, I remember buying some of them from a shop in Grimsby.

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
Ha would you believe it! Yes small world! :)

I'm originally from Alford but i remember going to Ron Ramsdens in Grimsby/Clee to buy toys back in the 80's. The first floor was huge with every toy you could ever imagine!

I'm sure there was a Toymaster in Louth near the crossing back in the day but my memory is a little hazy!

Hi guys.
Thought I would join as I've recently begun supplementing my child hood toys that I kept in great condition with stuff that either didn't make it, or I gave away.

I have a young lad who loves Star Wars just as much as me and it's a joy to see him peowweing with those old figures.

However, having read up a little recently some of the rarer figures now live in my drawer not in his toy box! A complete Luke stormtrooper (with black blaster), warok, romba, complete yoda with snake among them!

Fortunately as I was rather meticulous as a child I have about 40 of the original blasters and accessories. I kept these separate in an old cigar case my grandad gave me. They still live in it!

I've recently purchased a complete Jabba (£45), scout Walker with top gun(£35), snowspeeder (no harpoon- £24) and a few other bits and pieces. I don't know if it's lockdown but the nostalgia is nice. But I can see how this can become expensive!

I'm enjoying the searching and restoration aspects of it as much as anything. Just bought a good looking y wing to rebuild as well. Always my favourite ship.

So that's me! Thanks

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Admiral Snackbar said:
Hi guys.
Thought I would join as I've recently begun supplementing my child hood toys that I kept in great condition with stuff that either didn't make it, or I gave away.

I have a young lad who loves Star Wars just as much as me and it's a joy to see him peowweing with those old figures.

However, having read up a little recently some of the rarer figures now live in my drawer not in his toy box! A complete Luke stormtrooper (with black blaster), warok, romba, complete yoda with snake among them!

Fortunately as I was rather meticulous as a child I have about 40 of the original blasters and accessories. I kept these separate in an old cigar case my grandad gave me. They still live in it!

I've recently purchased a complete Jabba (£45), scout Walker with top gun(£35), snowspeeder (no harpoon- £24) and a few other bits and pieces. I don't know if it's lockdown but the nostalgia is nice. But I can see how this can become expensive!

I'm enjoying the searching and restoration aspects of it as much as anything. Just bought a good looking y wing to rebuild as well. Always my favourite ship.

So that's me! Thanks

Welcome to the forum and some nice purchases recently. A bit of nostalgia is good for all of us especially in the current circumstances and still having some of your childhood figures is priceless

Enjoy your collecting and share on latest acquisitions

Take care 👍😁

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Galactic Director said:
Hello there!
I'm a new user (joined yesterday), so thought I should introduce myself...

Name: Lewis
Favourite Star Wars film: The Rise of Skywalker
First Star Wars figure: Obi Wan Kenobi (Clone Wars - The Legacy Collection) in 2008
Collection Highlights: 70+ vintage figures (loose) including Yak Face & Imperial Gunner, 50+ carded figures from 1996 to present day, various boxed vintage vehicles, 25+ Star Wars actor autographs, Galaxy's Edge Luke Skywalker legacy lightsaber,... and lots of other items including Funko Pops, Black series figures, & Disney Store exclusives!
Other Interests: Formula 1 - If there are any other F1 fans here, feel free to say hello!

I've been a Star Wars fan for over 10 years, but thought I'd get involved within a community now. I look forward to contributing to this forum!

Welcome Lewis to the forum :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Starship speed-shop said:
Hi everyone.

New here so thought I'd post an introduction. I'm Gaz - based in the North West.

I started collecting modern figures when the Special Editions came out in the '90s. Then graduated to vintage collecting, getting rid of the modern stuff along the way.

My focus is mainly on Original Trilogy vehicles - the figures I have are to only to ensure each has an appropriate crew compliment. I have nearly all the vehicles, with just a couple of exceptions. My collection is all loose/played with, and were bought and stored as found along with any spare parts I acquired along the way - obvs. no repro.

Now I have a bigger space to display them, I'll be working through each vehicle - stripping/cleaning and tracking-down any missing/broken parts. Happy to post up a thread on each one as I move through them.

I had a break for a few years, but have spent lockdown digging them all out of the loft and taking inventory so that I can track down a few missing parts and, having saved up, I can finally bite the bullet on the two missing vehicles that will anger my bank manager the most (Shuttle and Sandcrawler - gulp!).

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Gaz, sound cool with the focus on vehicle collection 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
R2-SM said:
Hi Folks,

I'm Steve, from North Lincs. A Star Wars addict since seeing it as a 7 year old kid in 78.

Had a respectable collection of figures back then, sold quite a few in the early 80's but thankfully kept quite a few of my favourites. My passion was reignited in the early 2000's and I slowly began building my loose figure collection back up again. Having some time on my hands during lockdown has inspired me to revisit my collection and I thought it was high time to get my figures out of shoe boxes and up on display in all their fineness. I custom built a part acrylic, part wood display cabinet (to house all 96 figures that were released on cardback). I'm happy to say this is now constructed and up on my wall complete with led lighting. I am only missing one figure to complete this long quest which is EV-9D9, but I'm working on it and should get there soon! The majority of their accessories are there and original to the best of my knowledge. I will be upgrading some figures that are not in quite as good condition as I would like, but I'd say it is 93% complete to my liking.

Single/Married: Married
Kids: 1
Collecting Focus: Vintage Star Wars loose in mint condition
Collecting interest: Kenner, Palitoy

Looking For:
Cloud Car Pilot with original accessories
EV-9D9

Welcome Steve to the forum, I think there is a good chance that you can find the last parts that you are missing on the forum or on ebay :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Neil20vtc said:
Hi just wanted introduce myself im Neil I live in kendal cumbria

I came across this site as I have decided to sell my large childhood collection of figures and vehicles playsets etc and it has helped find info on pricing so thanks for that

They were all kept at my grandparents house which is probably why they survived, after my grandparents passed on they have been stored in my loft

Rather than the toys just sitting there i thought it would be better to move them on, im going to try sell as a job lot at first and if I have no joy then I will list them separately

Neil

Welcome Neil to the forum, I wish you good luck with the sale :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
kabuchi7 said:
Good morning all!

I'm Matt, i'm 43 and live in Louth, Lincs.

I came across this site when someone mentioned it in a comments section for a Star Wars blog and have been lurking around in the shadows for a few weeks now :D

Little back story: i've 'been into' Star Wars since around 1981 when TESB was hitting the movie theatres and every birthday and xmas until around 1985 seemed to involve opening plenty of Star Wars figures and vehicles with a few thrown into good measure during the year when my folks were either feeling flush or they just couldn't stand my whigning and begging for that must have item at the time!

Sadly around 2001 i thought it would be a great idea to sell all my childhood toys to raise some money for a deposit for a house. These toys were in great nick as i really looked after anything i had. Big regret looking back! :(

Anyway, i think around 2005, once i had my own place (especially with a spare room to fill with stuff :wink: ) I decided to collect moc/momc/misb off ebay! I think i had around 30 to 40 carded figures ROTJ, 4 or 5 Last 17 and smaller vehicles like speeder bikes etc.

And just like history repeating its self, yep you guessed it i sold the lot on ebay a few years later 'for a profit' :| Looking back now i had some great examples. The boxed speeder bike i had looked brand new. Compared to what you 'have' to pay now they were absolute bargains!

So enter 2020 and the collecting bug has hit again! At the moment i have both The Vintage Collection and Black Series and im also in the process of putting together a loose Kenner Vintage figure collection which i have around 50 figures atm all with original blasters etc.

So the plan is to finish my original loose figure collection, including The Last 17 then I will start buying up any moc/momc ROTJ figures as these cardbacks really resonate with my childhood, opening them and seeing them in the shops!

In the meantime I'll pre-order any new Vintage Collection and Black Series that i take a fancy too which then involves trying to smuggle anything into the house when it arrives!

Such fun! :lol:

Anyway enough of me rambling! Just thought i'd say 'hi' :lol: :D

Matt welcome to the forum, sorry to read that you sold your collection twice. But great to read that you now are back. I wish you good luck with the hunt :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Admiral Snackbar said:
Hi guys.

So that's me! Thanks

Welcome snackbar to the forum. A great idea with the restoration, I did the same with my childhood Y-Wing after my little brother break it :lol:

Wuzionekenobi

Youngling
Darren aka wuzionekenobi .Hi guys just wanted to introduce myself I've only just joined the forum, but as I did it occurred to me that I probably should have joined many years ago I'm a long time hardcore vintage collector looking to meet others and have the opportunity to browse threads for an occasional purchase
I was born in 74 and started owning star wars toys from the age of about 7 like all of us started with a fig here a fig there (green greedo being first one I remember buying and playing with I still remember the moment as I brought and played with it in the back of my mums old mini like it was yesterday which fueled my passion from that age on every occasion birthday xmas was a chance of getting something new, that combined with pocket money gifts etc ened up in me owing practically everything available in uk
But alas and I dont want to go into to much detail as it's probably not very interesting to anyone that isn't me but my whole collection was sold without out my knowledge to a cousin of mine by my mother for the price of £12 as angry as I was I didn't want to cause a family fracture so I let it ride the only thing I did do was contact my uncle and Aunt and ask them that when it was finished playing with the could o please have it Returned
My cousin unlike me who was very OCD with toys destroyed virtually everything many years later I got a phone call from my auntie as my uncle is passed away telling me that the toys were there if I wish to collect them there was less than one storage box left and everything in it was broken missing or destroyed it was a heartbreaking moment for me in my life because I felt that my childhood had been destroyed in a way I'm sure some of you you have similar experiences and can understand
Around and the 1990s I was working in a shop in Eastbourne and very near to where I worked there was a telecommunications shop and the guy in there had started selling vintage Star Wars figures a lot higher prices than I were used to as child but I started collecting and trying to restore some sort of collection I brought everything I could afford even venturing into buying boxed ships etc and a few small collections
Unfortunately in my life I have had to move many many times and the boxed toys just became a hindrance than a pleasure as I had no way to display them and they were just getting dusty and dirty in storage in the Attic so I made a decision to focus only on figures and ever since then when I've been trying to complete my collection of vintage loose Star Wars figures including as many variants as I could access or afford.
I do own a few pieces I'm proud to say are mine
A UKG graded pop up lightsaber r2d2
Most of last 17 etc
But still hunting , and it's become harder and harder and
Because of massive rise in prices .
So hoping to join a community of people who look out for each other
As I will do for them
Not really got my head round this forum thing yet lol this is the first forum I've every joined so any help or pointer always welcome
Thanks guys and modders
Darren Eastbourne

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Wuzionekenobi said:
Darren aka wuzionekenobi .Hi guys just wanted to introduce myself I've only just joined the forum, but as I did it occurred to me that I probably should have joined many years ago I'm a long time hardcore vintage collector looking to meet others and have the opportunity to browse threads for an occasional purchase
I was born in 74 and started owning star wars toys from the age of about 7 like all of us started with a fig here a fig there (green greedo being first one I remember buying and playing with I still remember the moment as I brought and played with it in the back of my mums old mini like it was yesterday which fueled my passion from that age on every occasion birthday xmas was a chance of getting something new, that combined with pocket money gifts etc ened up in me owing practically everything available in uk
But alas and I dont want to go into to much detail as it's probably not very interesting to anyone that isn't me but my whole collection was sold without out my knowledge to a cousin of mine by my mother for the price of £12 as angry as I was I didn't want to cause a family fracture so I let it ride the only thing I did do was contact my uncle and Aunt and ask them that when it was finished playing with the could o please have it Returned
My cousin unlike me who was very OCD with toys destroyed virtually everything many years later I got a phone call from my auntie as my uncle is passed away telling me that the toys were there if I wish to collect them there was less than one storage box left and everything in it was broken missing or destroyed it was a heartbreaking moment for me in my life because I felt that my childhood had been destroyed in a way I'm sure some of you you have similar experiences and can understand
Around and the 1990s I was working in a shop in Eastbourne and very near to where I worked there was a telecommunications shop and the guy in there had started selling vintage Star Wars figures a lot higher prices than I were used to as child but I started collecting and trying to restore some sort of collection I brought everything I could afford even venturing into buying boxed ships etc and a few small collections
Unfortunately in my life I have had to move many many times and the boxed toys just became a hindrance than a pleasure as I had no way to display them and they were just getting dusty and dirty in storage in the Attic so I made a decision to focus only on figures and ever since then when I've been trying to complete my collection of vintage loose Star Wars figures including as many variants as I could access or afford.
I do own a few pieces I'm proud to say are mine
A UKG graded pop up lightsaber r2d2
Most of last 17 etc
But still hunting , and it's become harder and harder and
Because of massive rise in prices .
So hoping to join a community of people who look out for each other
As I will do for them
Not really got my head round this forum thing yet lol this is the first forum I've every joined so any help or pointer always welcome
Thanks guys and modders
Darren Eastbourne

Hi Darren,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry for the late response, but I have only just seen your post.

Thanks for sharing some of your collecting story. Everyone has their own unique tale, but losing your childhood collection is sadly a fate that befell many of us (although in my own case it was because I chose to sell it... idiot me! :)). Very well done though for starting up collecting again, and I hope you stick around and enjoy all the forum has to offer.

Jeremy

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Admiral Snackbar said:
Hi guys.

So that's me! Thanks
Hi Admiral Snackbar,

Welcome to the forum! Very well done for still having your childhood toys (I wish I did! :lol: ), and thanks for the introduction. It's always fascinating to hear how these toys have survived down the years, but not everyone managed to keep hold of the actual ones they played with as kids!

Jeremy

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Admiral Snackbar Wuzionekenobi kabuchi7 Neil20vtc
Welcome to the SWFUK, stick round and join in, I'm sure you will enjoy this place.
Great to see a lot of new members. :D

Geeky

Hello there!

Geeky here (Ross) from London and have just joined the forum and started my journey in collecting vintage Star Wars. Always loved the movies and as a boy/teenager in the mid to late 90's attended many UK Toy Fairs and car boots buying and selling Star Wars and all sorts of retro toys and memorabilia with my parents and older brother so have always been around cool toys and the collecting side of things. But it's taken until now in my late 30's that I have decided to gradually start collecting. Mainly going for the basic vintage figure line. These will go alongside the modern retro collection so my plan is to have the originals displayed next to the new 'retro' figures. Bit out of touch with prices these days but seems that loose figure prices have shot up. But then again not kept track of prices for a few years now. Managed to get myself a Taiwan Boba Fett in pretty good condition for £25 no weapon. Cheapest I could get a half decent one for! Anyways, enjoy all things Star Wars and looking forward to hanging around the forum when I can and can't wait until we can all start going to conventions/toy fairs again.

Take it easy

Ross (Geeky)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Geeky said:
Hello there!

Geeky here (Ross) from London and have just joined the forum and started my journey in collecting vintage Star Wars. Always loved the movies and as a boy/teenager in the mid to late 90's attended many UK Toy Fairs and car boots buying and selling Star Wars and all sorts of retro toys and memorabilia with my parents and older brother so have always been around cool toys and the collecting side of things. But it's taken until now in my late 30's that I have decided to gradually start collecting. Mainly going for the basic vintage figure line. These will go alongside the modern retro collection so my plan is to have the originals displayed next to the new 'retro' figures. Bit out of touch with prices these days but seems that loose figure prices have shot up. But then again not kept track of prices for a few years now. Managed to get myself a Taiwan Boba Fett in pretty good condition for £25 no weapon. Cheapest I could get a half decent one for! Anyways, enjoy all things Star Wars and looking forward to hanging around the forum when I can and can't wait until we can all start going to conventions/toy fairs again.

Take it easy

Ross (Geeky)

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the great introduction and welcome to the forum! Please stick around and enjoy all it has to offer, and best of luck with your future collecting :)

Jeremy

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Geeky said:
Hello there!

Take it easy

Ross (Geeky)

Welcome to the forum Geeky, nice forum this with lots of experienced collectors 😁👍 good luck with the collecting mate and dont forget to post your latest purchases 👍😁 stay safe 😷

Russ😁

Walrusbumface

Youngling
Howdy,

Just joined after lurking for a good while.

After selling off my (about 70% complete) vintage loose figure collection in the early '90's (for peanuts, too), and having been recently bitten by the bug, I've started collecting again.

I've been reading through the "Vintage Chat" forums - very interesting stuff.

Anyhow, looking forward to some forum chat.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Walrusbumface said:
Howdy,

Just joined after lurking for a good while.

After selling off my (about 70% complete) vintage loose figure collection in the early '90's (for peanuts, too), and having been recently bitten by the bug, I've started collecting again.

I've been reading through the "Vintage Chat" forums - very interesting stuff.

Anyhow, looking forward to some forum chat.

Welcome! If you've lurked for a while, hopefully you know what we're all about here on SWFUK, so good to have you on board 'officially' :)

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom