Kim Simmons Volume 2 ESB 80-82

£1.49 FIGURES

Padawan
I see that Volume 3 has just been Kickstarted but I'm stunned at the price hike from the last Volume. I was a backer of Volume 2 for an unsigned copy and was charged $125 including postage to the UK - Volume 3's asking price for an unsigned copy BEFORE postage is a mammoth $225. Add the $50 being requested for international airmail and it bring the total to £201 at present. Wow! Granted there may be an extra 30 or so pages this time round but that is crazy money and it's such a shame as I expect that many, like me, not least because of this hellish pandemic and the resultant economic issues, are having to be really careful financially. The cynic in me wonders if this is one last hurrah as it's the third and final book in the series but having splashed out on the previous two volumes, I personally won't be able to manage the trilogy which is a shame since, like many of us here perhaps, it was JEDI and 1983 that really made the franchise for me in terms of the toys.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
£1.49 FIGURES said:
I see that Volume 3 has just been Kickstarted but I'm stunned at the price hike from the last Volume. I was a backer of Volume 2 for an unsigned copy and was charged $125 including postage to the UK - Volume 3's asking price for an unsigned copy BEFORE postage is a mammoth $225. Add the $50 being requested for international airmail and it bring the total to £201 at present. Wow! Granted there may be an extra 30 or so pages this time round but that is crazy money and it's such a shame as I expect that many, like me, not least because of this hellish pandemic and the resultant economic issues, are having to be really careful financially. The cynic in me wonders if this is one last hurrah as it's the third and final book in the series but having splashed out on the previous two volumes, I personally won't be able to manage the trilogy which is a shame since, like many of us here perhaps, it was JEDI and 1983 that really made the franchise for me in terms of the toys.
I too saw this this morning...unbelievable.
I did get Vol 1 as we had a group buy which brought the postage to a sensible price, but didn't buy Vol 2 (the one that I would have liked the most) due the the cost of postage, I certainly won't be getting this one at that cost.
As you say the cynic in me suspects that we have a cash grab going on here....but wasn't there talk initially of 7 volumes?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I won't be buying this and didn't buy the second book either, which is a shame as I own and like the first one. The most I will pay for a brand new book is £50, anything more than that is just price gouging, unless they can really justify it with a huge amount of pages or special materials etc. The first volume has great photos but is poorly written, badly designed and pretty basic in terms of finish, £50 was the absolute maximum that was worth IMO.

starwars00

Jedi Knight
Yep it is a crazy price. I have the first 2, and wanted to complete the set - doesn't look like that is going to happen now which is a shame as some of the box art in jedi is great.
Also worth remembering is that we we all probably get stung on custom fees on top of the $275 for the book and shipping.
As I'm a bit of a completist I'm even considering selling the first 2 copies if i can't have the set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom