Star Wars Bend-Ems!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
SWBendems said:
I'd be interested for the right price, Drop me a PM cardbackkid. Tried to sent you a pm but just sits in outbox and won't go to sent, not sure if I'm restricted from sending maybe as I'm relatively new here?

Messages only move to sent folder when they have been read, when they are in your outbox it just means they haven't been read yet. So it's kind of like a read receipt.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Dug out my meagre collection :D i never noticed i had a rare miscarded tusken raider on a han solo card, i'm quids in right right!! :lol:
TWf3Hycl.jpg

GJ5PCTjl.jpg

XqCmzfQl.jpg

SWBendems

Youngling
Ruby2511 said:
Welcome to the forum mate 😁
What a cracking collection, love the Fett acquisition, very cool 😁👍
Dont know much about these figures?? I have a mate who owns a collectables shop in our town, I know he has a couple knocking about! When he reopens I will have a look and let you know/take pics and share 👍 he might have a variant you dont have??
Russ

Thanks Russ, please do mate, i'd love to see what he has.

Grant_C said:
Richard_H might collect these as well.
Maybe i need a bendem. I collected them in 1994 and had about 6 of them. Royal Guard and Yoda was fine. Leia was the horrendous experience of my life.
You should, take a look on eBay, they are relatively cheap and easy enough to obtain. Some of those Kenner collections you guys have leave me in awe, but I bet its hard on the wallet collecting those. Bendems is one of those lines you can do easy mode and just go for 20 Looseys right up to full hardcore every miscard and cardback variant known to man. And yes Leia's face is something to behold, it seems like the molds got better as time went on, the aliens seemed to come out a lot better looking than the humans.

theforceuk said:
Welcome to the forum and nice bend-ems collection!
Cheers mate, appreciate the warm welcome from everyone, don't know why I didn't join up sooner tbh!

grinchy said:
Dug out my meagre collection :D i never noticed i had a rare miscarded tusken raider on a han solo card, i'm quids in right right!! :lol:
TWf3Hycl.jpg

GJ5PCTjl.jpg

XqCmzfQl.jpg
Love it grinchy!! Your a good bit into the set - you should think about finishing it, good few you need are all on eBay right now. But I suppose the bigger challenge would be finding space to display them in that Star Wars Museum of a room you have. Swear i've looked at those pictures in the other thread mutliple times now and keep finding cool items i havent seen before. Re: the Tusken - Yeah quids in literally, £1 mate :D

David Tree

Jedi Master
SWBendems said:
That was an excellent video @Grant_C thanks for that. Dave definately knows his Bendems alright! Looks like he has on of the most complete bendems collections ive ever seen, am dying to see pictures of his collection. Sounds like the guy I need to speak to to help me track down this elusive Luke X Wing. Does he post on these forums at all?

Rarely, but thank you for the kind words and glad you enjoyed the vid, it was rushed in the end for deadline, so a few things were omitted that would have made it complete for my liking :)

In terms of a collection, I did a display to accompany a presentation held at Farthest From a while back in 2015, which featured some of it,
11780055_10153468335720149_6447184070782727469_o.jpg

Very happy to hear there is a few more loonies out there :)

grinchy

Sith Lord
Love it grinchy!! Your a good bit into the set - you should think about finishing it, good few you need are all on eBay right now. But I suppose the bigger challenge would be finding space to display them in that Star Wars Museum of a room you have. Swear i've looked at those pictures in the other thread mutliple times now and keep finding cool items i havent seen before. Re: the Tusken - Yeah quids in literally, £1 mate :D

Cheers mate
I will see about getting some more figures in, see what happens, glad you like the room, its my sanctuary, i need to find a space for these, shame they are not on display
The tusken isn't going to fund me a new car, thats a shame, :D, seriously though they seem to be pretty common, and across different figures i imagine you have seen a few of them

SWBendems

Youngling
David Tree said:
SWBendems said:
That was an excellent video @Grant_C thanks for that. Dave definately knows his Bendems alright! Looks like he has on of the most complete bendems collections ive ever seen, am dying to see pictures of his collection. Sounds like the guy I need to speak to to help me track down this elusive Luke X Wing. Does he post on these forums at all?

Rarely, but thank you for the kind words and glad you enjoyed the vid, it was rushed in the end for deadline, so a few things were omitted that would have made it complete for my liking :)

In terms of a collection, I did a display to accompany a presentation held at Farthest From a while back in 2015, which featured some of it,
11780055_10153468335720149_6447184070782727469_o.jpg

Very happy to hear there is a few more loonies out there :)

:shock: DAVE! Mate that setup looks amazing! You have some collection and your video was excellent, very informative and yes reassuring there are others out there that are passionate about bendems. My wife thinks I need therapy with these regular deliveries of "bendy rubber aliens" :lol:

I have so many questions, sorry! Are those prototypes of Luke X-Wing, Ackbar and Leia? Who is the other one, an unreleased figure? Who/What/Where/How did you even get those??!

You even have the italian ones? Are there any variations other than packaging? Have seen a few on eBay, plan to pick one up as an example but don't think i'll go for the full set of those at this stage just focusing on completing the standard set of gift packs and characters.

Is that a variant of the 10 Piece gift set? I knew there was a second set containing Boba fett that was in the Justoys 1995 catalogue but didn't see release. Wasn't aware of this one you have at the bottom of that photo, appears to be the same figures but placement in packaging differs? There really is no end to the variants in this line is there! :D I've seen mention of the never released Cantina and Jabbas Palace sets in old Star Wars Galaxy magazine etc and know the planned figures were Jawa/Greedo/Cantina Band Member and Salacious Crumb/Sy Snootles/Leaia Boushh - other than the Jawa prototype mentioned in the video, have you ever come across any photos of these or any knowledge of their physical existence?

CardbackKid is sending me some photos of the Luke XWing he has so provided we can do a deal I might be about to complete the 20 Characters, but I'll still on the lookout for a carded C3PO silver leg and a Wicket "The Ewok" if you see any about or have any doublers your willing to part with please let me know.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
grinchy said:
TWf3Hycl.jpg

GJ5PCTjl.jpg

XqCmzfQl.jpg

Sorry I am late to the party , I thought I would share the holy grail as mentioned some time ago on another Bend-ems thread , look in wonder at my mis-card Ackbar on a royal guard , any more mis-cards out there . I love bend ems sooo much :D so many cool collections on show here :)

Attachments

• DSCF0564.JPG
    DSCF0564.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 273

grinchy

Sith Lord
Very nice discard there, there certainly seems to be a lot of them about, they were a bit sloppy at the factory, they are not worth more really, maybe a couple of quid extra,

SWBendems

Youngling
Cool miscard bosk70 - definitely seem to be a lot of miscards with Ackbar, Tusken Raider and Han Solo in particular, why that is I don't know, they were all (Solo's variant) released toward the back end of the line, maybe they were saving money with leftover backing cards or just getting sloppy, we'll never know. Always a cool find though.

Always thought the backwards ones were the funniest. I mean how does that get through quality control? :D

http://www.swfigures.com/images/Images2/AFA/Bendems/R2D2-Backwards-85-ft-1.jpg

SWBendems

Youngling
Got these in the mail today.
Eu6OQ4NXEAANgOZ?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Some of the more difficult variants to find. These packs did not feature a Topps trading card, and as such did not feature any of the "limited edition" sunbursts printed on card. Only the original 8 figures were released like this. Think they show off the artwork on the card better without all the additional clutter.

SWBendems

Youngling
Hey lads and lasses!! I got an epic mail delivery this morning.... :D

Take a look at this bad boy, he's posed like Christ the redeemer and honestly it feels like the second coming :lol: -

EvJmUNqXcAERAiL?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Thanks to Cardbackkid for helping me complete the collection of 20 figures, I'm honestly over the moon right now.

grinchy

Sith Lord
That looks ace mate! glad you completed the figure run, its a cool looking figure, i'm finally putting most of mine on display, got a new corner unit for my room got a couple of shelves full, pics in my other thread soon :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
SWBendems said:

Take a look at this bad boy, he's posed like Christ the redeemer and honestly it feels like the second coming :lol: -

EvJmUNqXcAERAiL?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Thanks to @Cardbackkid for helping me complete the collection of 20 figures, I'm honestly over the moon right now.
Well done in completing you run of all 20 figures, look great, I've not seen that one before.

Pomse2001 I assume that this is a Scandivian price sticker?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
SWBendems said:

Thanks to @Cardbackkid for helping me complete the collection of 20 figures, I'm honestly over the moon right now.
Well done in completing you run of all 20 figures, look great, I've not seen that one before.

@Pomse2001 I assume that this is a Scandivian price sticker?

Yes it is scandinavian, the price sticker is Danish but I am not sure which store it comes from :?

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
SWBendems I found your centerpiece:

https://propstore.com/product/star-wars-the-original-trilogy-collection/ken-steacy-signed-darth-vader-lithograph/

grinchy

Sith Lord
That is cool!, a nice piece of history there
Anyone want this 4 pack with an admiral ackbar carded bendem to, a tenner posted, pack has issues loose tape and bashed edges, it was like this when i bought it, a nice starter piece
XqCmzfQl.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom