Vectis today- 9/3/21

lejackal

Grand Master
palitoyjunky said:
theforceuk said:
Yeah and then pay £100 to grade it it and sell it for £3k more, I'm joking but I can see why people do it. Bloody easy money!

It's been dealers bread & butter for years :!: I rem one dealer years ago telling me he once sold a mint sealed Jawa Sand Crawler to a customer back in the early 2000s(when the original grading company AFA was in its infancy) for £800. He later learned it was sent off for grading, scored 85 and was sold for $4000 :!: The dealer said after that, anything good was just automatically sent off for grading.
Chris at Metropolis in Warwick and Joe at Leicester Vintage both do this for sure.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I can see why collectors dislike grading because of the flipping, but it's never really bothered me. I actually look out for the lower graded items which grading can have the opposite impact on and potential buyers just dismiss particularly poor grades. I've never been a c10/AFA85 collector anyway. I would take two creased 12 backs for the price of one mint any day.

UKS

Jedi Knight
I bid on some Visionaries stuff and got knocked out.

Grading never has interested me - I do get the plastic box esthetic - but not the 85/70 thing. I don't know how that would have affected by enjoyment as a child. I like a bit of damage!

It strikes me that TF's and MOTU tend not to go for huge numbers on Vectis. But SW and Action Force sometimes does.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
edd_jedi said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
The good news is it is nothing like comics where the grade has a huge significance on the price, grade is everything in comics!

Yeah it's the same with video games, collectors only seem interested in high grade and/or mint condition, sealed games with rips or creases etc are relatively worthless. I like that Star Wars has a healthy market for lower condition items, I think it's a bit snobby to write off anything that has 'character.'

I don't think you have much choice in Vintage Star Wars as some items are not available in high grades so you have to take what is available which is different to comics and possibly video games as they are much more abundant and therefore people can afford to be picky.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
UKS said:

Grading never has interested me - I do get the plastic box esthetic - but not the 85/70 thing. I don't know how that would have affected by enjoyment as a child. I like a bit of damage!

It strikes me that TF's and MOTU tend not to go for huge numbers on Vectis. But SW and Action Force sometimes does.

Someone was having a field day with MOTU items same bidder kept winning them, must have been a dealer.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
theforceuk said:
UKS said:

Someone was having a field day with MOTU items same bidder kept winning them, must have been a dealer.

They will all be on FB in a few weeks....

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
theforceuk said:
UKS said:

They will all be on FB in a few weeks....

Probably, although pretty much all of it was ungraded factory sealed clear bubbles and windows so may take more than a couple of weeks to show up.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Another Vectis auction I missed, but looking back at the prices - insane! Final price was insane enough, let alone the commission was yet to be added.

bosskuk

Are the prices the loose Star Wars figures on Vectis are selling for a good reflection of what it costs to collect these days? Same goes for lots of vintage weapons? I collected vintage carded Star Wars roughly 15 years ago & vintage loose (mainly complete) Star Wars just under 10 years ago so am very out of touch with prices🤔…I've got a smallish collection of loose vintage now (need lots of accessories😳) and my trusted friend blue snaggletooth is the only survivor from the days of yahoo! auctions😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom