Cardbacks with Correct Figure and accessory

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
This Palitoy 20 back Snaggletooth was bought by me as a figure and cardback with attached, but opened bubble, and then resealed by me. I believe the figure to probably be the original one from this specific card and bubble, however the weapon was still taped inside the bubble with the original tape, and hence is the original and correct one for a Palitoy 20 back Snaggletooth figure.

Fangface - 01.jpg

Fangface - 02.jpg

Fangface - 03.jpg

Fangface - 04.jpg

Fangface - 05.jpg

Fangface - 06.jpg

Fangface - 07.jpg

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Ok here is the second one, I also recently picked up this boba fett in a danish childhood lot collection.

It is a Palitoy 45 back with special offers bounty hunter cardback.

The stamp is a Hong Kong stamp.

There was this 4 blasters in the lot, any ide about which blaster is the correct one for this figure and cardback ?
Fett was made in two Kenner factories - Taiwan and Kader, as well as the sought after once called 'trilogo' version which was actually made by PBP.

Any HK stamp Fett would therefore be made by Kader.

Kader and UT blasters are very similar. Work is ongoing at the moment and there could even be crossover of blaster moulds. This occurred on sabers in first 12 figures and potentially with both imperial and rebel blasters.

Therefore the only one I can rule out with certainty is the bottom one with the circle which is Uni Toys. I also don't think it's the second one as this is likely to be UT as well.

Most would say Fett should come with blue black and not blue but there are examples particularly on Palitoy with this colour blaster. So 1 possible, 3 more likely but I would need sharper imagery of the two blasters to help more.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Excellent work Lars!

thanks jeremy, do you have any info to add to the vader or boba or can you confirm anything ?

I can't help with very many as I have none of my own childhood figures, and very few of those I've bought can reliably be believed to have been from childhood collections with no risk of cross-contamination of accessories. However, I can help with the Palitoy 20 back Snaggletooth...

Thanks mate that snaggletooth is amazing, thanks for sharing it :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Pomse2001 said:
Ok here is the second one, I also recently picked up this boba fett in a danish childhood lot collection.

There was this 4 blasters in the lot, any ide about which blaster is the correct one for this figure and cardback ?
Fett was made in two Kenner factories - Taiwan and Kader, as well as the sought after once called 'trilogo' version which was actually made by PBP.

Kader and UT blasters are very similar. Work is ongoing at the moment and there could even be crossover of blaster moulds. This occurred on sabers in first 12 figures and potentially with both imperial and rebel blasters.

Therefore the only one I can rule out with certainty is the bottom one with the circle which is Uni Toys. I also don't think it's the second one as this is likely to be UT as well.

Most would say Fett should come with blue black and not blue but there are examples particularly on Palitoy with this colour blaster. So 1 possible, 3 more likely but I would need sharper imagery of the two blasters to help more.

Thanks again for all the great info, it is fantastic reading for me. I will take new pictures, I will also upload the 3 other cardbacks with figures for this stormie blasters, I think that could maybe also help to place the 4 blasters on the correct figures and cardbacks :?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
After looking a little bit in my collection I found a darth vader figure with the same coo, I compared the capes and they are the same, zip sound on one side and no zip sound on the other side. saber is broken :( I have had this figure for more than 10 years because I have not writen down where I have it from :( I can also not confirm if the figure was sold with the cape and saber but they look the same as the one I found, paint job is a little different on this vader but it could be a paint job error on one of them. What do you think ?
It is from the same coo family. Family VI Uni Toys again. The paint application on the chest is more messy with greater overspray on your first example.

If I was to hazard a guess your second example probably came from earlier in the run, whereas the 1st example later in the run as the spray mask is not too dissimilar to the PBP figure.

The moulds would of travelled to PBP and I'm guessing a Kenner example sent to for guidance.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Pomse2001 said:
After looking a little bit in my collection I found a darth vader figure with the same coo, I compared the capes and they are the same, zip sound on one side and no zip sound on the other side. saber is broken :( I have had this figure for more than 10 years because I have not writen down where I have it from :( I can also not confirm if the figure was sold with the cape and saber but they look the same as the one I found, paint job is a little different on this vader but it could be a paint job error on one of them. What do you think ?
It is from the same coo family. Family VI Uni Toys again. The paint application on the chest is more messy with greater overspray on your first example.

If I was to hazard a guess your second example probably came from earlier in the run, whereas the 1st example later in the run as the spray mask is not too dissimilar to the PBP figure.

The moulds would of travelled to PBP and I'm guessing a Kenner example sent to for guidance.

Thanks again, it is very interesting reading about uni toys and the spray mask. I was also thinking about keeping them both since the spray looks different :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Here is a Uni Toys 1SW-12B
74BE32E6-6B3A-41FC-936D-2E8E04CC588C.png

And here is a Uni Toys 7ESB-47A
196340B5-5B4A-40CA-A3A3-C32882D2FA48.png

Thanks for sharing the info and the pictures, it is all very interesting :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Another cardback from a danish childhood collection.

P1200412.JPG

P1200415.JPG

P1200416.JPG

P1200417.JPG

P1200419.JPG

P1200396.JPG

P1200397.JPG

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Pomse2001 said:

Here are pictures of the 3 other blasters, are they better ? I have also uploaded pictures of another cardback with figure from the same lot with stormie blasters.

P1200404.JPG

P1200406.JPG

P1200407.JPG

P1200408.JPG

P1200409.JPG

P1200411.JPG

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Here is the 3rd cardback with stormie blaster from a danish childhood collection.

It is a Kenner 65 back.

It is a no coo figure, there is not even a letter or a year on the legs.

Updated with correct blaster as we know so far.

P1200420.JPG

P1200422.JPG

P1200423.JPG

P1200424.JPG

P1200426.JPG

P1200409.JPG

P1200411.JPG

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Here is the 4th and last cardback with stormie blaster from a danish childhood collection.

It is a Kenner 65 back.

the coo is a China stamp.

I have now added the correct blaster as far as we know :D

P1200437.JPG

P1200439.JPG

P1200427.JPG

P1200431.JPG

P1200436.JPG

P1200407.JPG

P1200408.JPG

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Here is the 3rd cardback with stormie blaster from a danish childhood collection.

It is a Kenner 65 back.

It is a no coo figure, there is not even a letter or a year on the legs.

The Kader China coo Imperial Commander does indeed come without a coo and date. Work is being done on cataloguing the imperial blaster as we speak but I would suggest it's the first one down which I think has been catalogued as M4 on the new Variant Villain site.

I want to caveat this by saying there is a lot of similarity between moulds on the first 12 blasters and sabers and even the possibility of some crossover so hard to tell with 100% certainty at this point.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Here is the 4th and last cardback with stormie blaster from a danish childhood collection.

It is a Kenner 65 back.

the coo is a China stamp.

The third blaster down is the Kader China Stotntrooper one.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
So we have:
1. Imperial Commander
2. Boba Fett
3. Stormtrooper
4. Death Squad Commander

The fact that the four figures you have in the childhood collection tally up with the blaster research that has been put forward helps to verify the research done. Thanks Lars.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
So we have:
1. Imperial Commander
2. Boba Fett
3. Stormtrooper
4. Death Squad Commander

The fact that the four figures you have in the childhood collection tally up with the blaster research that has been put forward helps to verify the research done. Thanks Lars.

Thanks mate for the help and all the info, I will take new pictures of the 4 blasters and add the pictures of the correct blasters with each cardback and figure :D Yes I have also heard the no coo imperial commander was a kenner figure and I also thought the blue blaster was correct for him, but I was not 100% sure, your info confirm and help a lot. I am also glad that I can help with the info and pictures and that other members can use the info, I really hope this thread will be huge with a lot of great info :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Great idea! I have most of my childhood card backs, figures and weapons. But obviously mixed them up as a kid so no idea what came with what. Not much help! Lol

Do you have any with stormie blasters that you can share from your childhood ? :D but everything is welcome :wink:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:
Great idea! I have most of my childhood card backs, figures and weapons. But obviously mixed them up as a kid so no idea what came with what. Not much help! Lol

Do you have any with stormie blasters that you can share from your childhood ? :D but everything is welcome :wink:

Only Stormtroopers and card backs I have are the 2 that came on the Trilogo card with the POTF Ewok Combat complete playpack, both stormtroopers are no country, but the blasters I am unsure of. I do have loads more I can add which are 100% accurate, Chewbacca with Jedi card and 8D8 two name a phew. I will add some soon, will just take me a while to get around to it, been having a sort out lately and adding to this thread is next on the list. Will try and do one a day or something like that. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom