Latest Acquisitions

Walrusbumface

Youngling
Hi all, second post.

Just picked up a good-to-near-mint condition vintage Kenner Han Bespin outfit with original gun. Now waiting on Bespin Gown Leia.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
jedi_masters said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
jedi_masters said:
Wow, a real beaut there @Grant_C
I miss my carded collection and seeing a card like that does twinge a small amount of regret but I had to do what I needed at the time. Still not got the bug back. 😒

Not sure if you ever lose the regret or the bug, I stopped collecting for 13 years and it still came back.

I suspect it will at some point, this is the 4th time I've sold up and lost the bug, so far this is the longest stint.

How long has it been?

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:
jedi_masters said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Not sure if you ever lose the regret or the bug, I stopped collecting for 13 years and it still came back.

I suspect it will at some point, this is the 4th time I've sold up and lost the bug, so far this is the longest stint.

How long has it been?

5 years so far. I still buy SW books as I collect them so I suppose I'm not totally out of the collecting game. :)

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
jedi_masters said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
jedi_masters said:

How long has it been?

5 years so far. I still buy SW books as I collect them so I suppose I'm not totally out of the collecting game. :)

What did you previously collect before selling up?

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:
jedi_masters said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
How long has it been?

Carded and loose. I was aiming to collect every figure on every cardback. I got up to 110 carded I think it was and a nearly complete loose run. Had some real beauties in the carded collection as well. Some have gone to guys on here. Also had a Yoda side focus which I've still got some of it left.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
jedi_masters said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
jedi_masters said:

Carded and loose. I was aiming to collect every figure on every cardback. I got up to 110 carded I think it was and a nearly complete loose run. Had some real beauties in the carded collection as well. Some have gone to guys on here. Also had a Yoda side focus which I've still got some of it left.

Were they Palitoy or Kenner or a mix?

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I recently got the last 2 I needeed to complete the set of Italian star wars super 8.

Attachments

• IMG_20210319_183416__01.jpg
    IMG_20210319_183416__01.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 310

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:
jedi_masters said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:

I went down the Kenner route. More affordable and readily available.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
jedi_masters said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
jedi_masters said:

Which was your rarest piece and your favourite piece?

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:
jedi_masters said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:

I owned a POTF Nikto for about a year, that piece was a beauty.

My favourite piece, I had 3:

A ROTJ Power Droid, I loved the artwork on the carback.
Tri Logo Luke Stromtrooper, always liked the design of the figure, just wish they'd done a Han Solo to go with it.
Tri Logo Yoda. Imaculate cardback and was a great piece in my Yoda focus.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
jedi_masters said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
jedi_masters said:

I owned a POTF Nikto for about a year, that piece was a beauty.

My favourite piece, I had 3:

A ROTJ Power Droid, I loved the artwork on the carback.
Tri Logo Luke Stromtrooper, always liked the design of the figure, just wish they'd done a Han Solo to go with it.
Tri Logo Yoda. Imaculate cardback and was a great piece in my Yoda focus.

I collected POTF the first time I had a few rare ones I think AT AT Driver, Gam Guard it was 17 years ago so my memory is a bit rusty, I remember trying to buy a Nikto but it never happened. I bet the Power Droid was nice, that seems to be tough on any card!

benny100

Sith Lord
Speaking of POTF, just picked this up. Have been holding out for a tri logo but they just weren't coming up so had to get one as prices seem to be getting steeper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 471
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 467

Latest posts

Top Bottom