Do you think we are currently in a bubble?

gammoguard

Padawan
There's also the ebay flippers who aren't interested in the item only its worth to someone else. My missus collected a monthly release of Mickey plush then a couple of years later a Minnie plush and its now a Stitch plush. The difference to collecting at the start of Mickey to the Stitch plush is an eye opener.

When the Mickey plush came into stores in January 2018 you could walk into the store 2 weeks after release and pick one up off the shelf for £24. As the year went on the interest grew so more people queued at store opening and then numbers were limited per customer. By the time December came round January Mickey was exchanging hands for £450 :shock: :shock: Fast forward to now and the Stitch collection sells out in about 10 SECONDS and most are straight on ebay for £70 which only drives the price up for the collectors.
Nothing can be done to stop this now so genuine collectors like us will always pay over the odds now :cry:

jared007

Padawan
Prices at the moment are just astounding. I thought 2016/17 was the top of a bubble and to an extent it was. However I never expected there would be an even bigger bubble like the one at the moment. And bubble is possibly a bit of an unfair term to use - let's just say we are seeing new highs across the board - vintage Star Wars has essentially been in a decade long bull run now.

I don't think the latest highs would have happened without the pandemic, so that does suggest some volatility and uncertainty to come as the presence of the pandemic starts to subside. A rational person would say prices will cool too - but as the saying goes, the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent ;)

r5-d4cus

Padawan
It's really interesting to read this. I came here to look at posting some pics to see about getting valuations to sell some moc stuff I collected when inspired by the moc under £50 thread on here.

I had a look on eBay and the moc values have increased a lot too, by 30-150% for some of the stuff I was looking at. Makes sense if some people have disposable income at the moment.

gammoguard

Padawan
And some have unfortunately got to sell as they've possibly lost their job/income :( You only hope that someone selling high now (to pay the bills) can buy later when circumstances are better and the price is lower.

coomber75

Sith Lord
loose prices are crazy, i cant remember it ever as high... that said i dont think tge mocs have gone quite as mad, im guessing due to space needed to display them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom