Cardbacks with Correct Figure and accessory

Palifan

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Great set Ian. Will prove useful in trying to categorise the first 12 which are really hard.

Can I double check with you that in the childhood lot there was only 1 example of Luke, Ben and Vader and that there were no other iterations of Leia (Bespin or Hoth) so that we can conclude that these weapons came with that figure and cardback?

Only the blaster that came with Han Solo is most probably incorrect as it didn't appear until ESB. But this is easily explained as there are so many figures that carry the rebel blaster across the line so he was bound to have a few rebel blasters in his childhood collection.

The card backs and figures I've posted were from a childhood collection but it's a good point that he might have had others as well that he didn't keep the card backs (although as it was his father who opened them up for him and also stored these away I have a feeling that these were the only ones he had).

I did however receive a few more figures that I haven't posted from him which included a Palitoy 30 back Yoda, 3 Palitoy 12 back Stormtroopers, Palitoy 20 back LXW and a Palitoy 12 back Jawa, so it is quite possible that Han's blaster could be LXW's as there was only 1 of these blasters.

I also haven't shown the Stormtroopers or DSC weapon as it's impossible to know what went with what. I do however believe that the Leia blaster is correct to this figure (I know it does look blue but it was more black and it's the flash that's making it appear like that like a couple of the pictures of Chewbacca's nowcaster),and also the sabers as they are the flat chiselled tip ones that seem to only come with the Palitoy A backs (certainly all of the mocs that I've ever seen).

Maybe it's worth taking Han's blaster picture down if you don't think this is right as I'd hate to confuse things.

Ian

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Trilogo Bossk, all from childhood collection.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 314
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 313

Palifan

Sith Lord
I thought these pictures might be useful as well for Han, especially for his blaster.

This is a fully sealed Palitoy 12 back Han cut card that I've mounted to a 12 back card using a top loader (so that it's not been glued). I've included a couple of pictures that I took a while back when I made a thread about mounting this card ( they are the ones with it on the green cutting mat and I've added them as I didn't want to remove it from the top loader as the paper clip is straightening it at the moment).

Looking back at my previous picture of Han's blaster they look to be the same to me which is why I paired it up with this figure but if there's something I'm missing then I'm happy to take the original pictures of the blaster down.

As mentioned this Large Head Han cut card is still fully sealed so we can see exactly what weapon came with this release and here's the thread on how I mounted it if you're interested - https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40844&p=528956&hilit=han+cut+card#p528956

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_3322.jpg
    IMG_3322.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_3321.jpg
    IMG_3321.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_3330.jpg
    IMG_3330.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_3329.jpg
    IMG_3329.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_2479.jpg
    IMG_2479.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_2481.jpg
    IMG_2481.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_3326.jpg
    IMG_3326.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_3328.jpg
    IMG_3328.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_3327.jpg
    IMG_3327.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 312

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Trilogo Hong Kong Dengar, both from my childhood collection, no weapon with this one though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 303
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 302
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 302

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Thanks guys, I thought these might be helpful and it was something i was going to post up at some point and this looked like the right thread to put them in so well done for getting this going Lars :D

Ian

Thanks Ian, I hope this thread will be going for many years :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Great set Ian. Will prove useful in trying to categorise the first 12 which are really hard.

Can I double check with you that in the childhood lot there was only 1 example of Luke, Ben and Vader and that there were no other iterations of Leia (Bespin or Hoth) so that we can conclude that these weapons came with that figure and cardback?

Only the blaster that came with Han Solo is most probably incorrect as it didn't appear until ESB. But this is easily explained as there are so many figures that carry the rebel blaster across the line so he was bound to have a few rebel blasters in his childhood collection.

The card backs and figures I've posted were from a childhood collection but it's a good point that he might have had others as well that he didn't keep the card backs (although as it was his father who opened them up for him and also stored these away I have a feeling that these were the only ones he had).

I did however receive a few more figures that I haven't posted from him which included a Palitoy 30 back Yoda, 3 Palitoy 12 back Stormtroopers, Palitoy 20 back LXW and a Palitoy 12 back Jawa, so it is quite possible that Han's blaster could be LXW's as there was only 1 of these blasters.

I also haven't shown the Stormtroopers or DSC weapon as it's impossible to know what went with what. I do however believe that the Leia blaster is correct to this figure (I know it does look blue but it was more black and it's the flash that's making it appear like that like a couple of the pictures of Chewbacca's nowcaster),and also the sabers as they are the flat chiselled tip ones that seem to only come with the Palitoy A backs (certainly all of the mocs that I've ever seen).

Maybe it's worth taking Han's blaster picture down if you don't think this is right as I'd hate to confuse things.

Ian

Ian I think it would be ok to keep the picture of the blaster, you can always write in the post that you are not sure if it is the correct weapon. If you then later ID the weapon for this or another figure then you can always place the blaster picture with the correct figure and cardback :D I hope you also will share the other cardbacks and figures with us from the lot :wink: If I have figures or weapons where there are more of the same then I upload them so others can help to place them with the correct cardback and figure. The idea with the thread is some kind of guide, discussion, learning, helping each other and just have fun :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
I thought these pictures might be useful as well for Han, especially for his blaster.

This is a fully sealed Palitoy 12 back Han cut card that I've mounted to a 12 back card using a top loader (so that it's not been glued). I've included a couple of pictures that I took a while back when I made a thread about mounting this card ( they are the ones with it on the green cutting mat and I've added them as I didn't want to remove it from the top loader as the paper clip is straightening it at the moment).

Looking back at my previous picture of Han's blaster they look to be the same to me which is why I paired it up with this figure but if there's something I'm missing then I'm happy to take the original pictures of the blaster down.

As mentioned this Large Head Han cut card is still fully sealed so we can see exactly what weapon came with this release and here's the thread on how I mounted it if you're interested - https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40844&p=528956&hilit=han+cut+card#p528956

Ian

Thanks again Ian for sharing this picture with us, I really hope many moc will be shared in this thread, the weapons on this moc can help us a lot to place the correct weapon with the correct figure and cardback :wink: I am not 100% sure, but I think there is a little difference on the 2 blasters. The one with the open cardback looks like a V4 and the one on the moc looks like a V5 :? correct me here guys if I am wrong ? :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Trilogo Hong Kong Dengar, both from my childhood collection, no weapon with this one though.

Thanks mate for sharing this Dengar Tri-logo 8) Nice, looks like chewbacca had been in a fight with dengar :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

Ian
Great additional info Ian. Thank you

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Thanks again Ian for sharing this picture with us, I really hope many moc will be shared in this thread, the weapons on this moc can help us a lot to place the correct weapon with the correct figure and cardback :wink: I am not 100% sure, but I think there is a little difference on the 2 blasters. The one with the open cardback looks like a V4 and the one on the moc looks like a V5 :? correct me here guys if I am wrong ? :?

Thanks Lars and I'll post some more up at a later date and make a mention of not being 100% sure on the first blaster.

You might be right about V4 and V5 and it's worth remembering that the pin head Han was released first and the Large head Han was a later release so the blasters may well have changed during the time difference between them.

Anyone else who has some thoughts on this then do let us know what you think, it's great to have all this info in one place though for the future.

Ian

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Palifan said:

Ian
That's really interesting Ian. Do you mind if I download them to keep on my files as reference and research?

Palifan

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Palifan said:

Ian
That's really interesting Ian. Do you mind if I download them to keep on my files as reference and research?

Not at all, download away and feel free to post anywhere else as I think the more knowledge that's out there the better for us all.

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Thanks Lars and I'll post some more up at a later date and make a mention of not being 100% sure on the first blaster.

You might be right about V4 and V5 and it's worth remembering that the pin head Han was released first and the Large head Han was a later release so the blasters may well have changed during the time difference between them.

Anyone else who has some thoughts on this then do let us know what you think, it's great to have all this info in one place though for the future.

Ian

Yes maybe the pin head was sold with that blaster, but I also remember you were talking about you have a luke x-wing from that lot, maybe the blaster was sold with that card :? We can only hope for more info maybe even a moc from another member that can show which blaster it was sold with :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Ian

I can help with a Palitoy Pin Head 12 back. Mine comes with a dark green V3:

V3 Dark Green.jpg

V3 Dark Green 2.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord

V3 Dark Green.jpg

V3 Dark Green 2.jpg
[/quote]

That's great to see and it does look like different blasters were used for later versions (which figures).

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:

Ian

V3 Dark Green.jpg

V3 Dark Green 2.jpg

That is awesome news, thanks mate for sharing this info about that blaster 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Pomse2001 said:
Here is a luke x-wing pilot palitoy 45 back special offer bounty hunter from a danish childhood lot. There was 2 rebel blasters in the lot, so I am not sure about which one is the correct one for luke x-wing ? :? it also confuse me figure is made in china but cardback is made in hong kong :?
While I can't say for definite and it's always harder for me with Palitoy I'd be surprised if this card back and figure went together. Current thinking is that Kader moved production to China during the ROTJ era and the earliest you see China figures and cards are on 65 backs I believe. Additionally generally the blank raised bar is found on Palitoy cards though of course it may well be possible for the China to be found also. What I can say is that the blaster associated with this figure is the bottom one which is a v3 off of TIG. The top is a v1 found on Smile card backs.

Did you see my solo cardback ? did it give you any idea about which blaster could be for the solo cardback and which one could be for the luke x-wing cardback ? or are one of them wrong or maybe both :?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:

Ian

V3 Dark Green.jpg

V3 Dark Green 2.jpg
Jeremy, this is great. This is more along the lines of what I would of expected. I'll pm you for more info in the next few days.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Here are the other cardback that was sold with a rebel blaster Tri-logo Han Solo in trench coat

P1200517.JPG

P1200518.JPG

P1200519.JPG

P1200520.JPG

P1200521.JPG

P1200523.JPG

P1200524.JPG

P1200512.JPG

P1200513.JPG
Hi Lars. Sorry I missed this. The figure and trench coat are Smile. The top blaster is Smile so would have been paired with that. Which leaves the bottom one with your Luke XW like I mentioned previously.

Latest posts

Top Bottom