Removing mould inside bubble?

lejackal

Grand Master
lejackal said:
As an added bonus you were fairly local to Bournemouth back in the day weren't you?

Actually that's the wrong side on the coast isn't it :oops: :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
lejackal said:
As an added bonus you were fairly local to Bournemouth back in the day weren't you?

Yes I grew up in Poole which is just a few miles away, so it is cool to have the sticker on there!

lejackal

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
lejackal said:

Yes I grew up in Poole which is just a few miles away, so it is cool to have the sticker on there!
Aha! So I wasn't being a complete idiot then

Scottyboy911

My latest MOC purchase has an unwanted visitor inside the bubble... some white mould! It looked like sticker residue on the bubble in the photos when I bought it, but I can't really send it back as it was in the photos (although you would think the seller would mention it.)

Anyway, I have successfully removed 'frosting' from figures inside bubbles by putting them in the sun before, has anyone had success removing mould on a card similar to this?

View attachment 73221
I will be following this thread intensely. I recently got about 10 carded figures all with the same problem.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Cocaine variant of 8D8. Will be worth more now because of Cocaine Bair.

Some times I have found figures that is not on a card where there is white stuff on them even after I wash them. I can't remove it. A brush can remove some of it. Have any of you tried the lamp on loose figures ? :unsure:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I've done the sun on a Vader 12 back that worked, cape had some frosting. Also done it on 2 Jedi B-Wing MOC that worked. The B-Wing pilots are slowly frosting again unfortunately.

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
I've put my trilogo Luke stormtrooper in the sun during the lockdown, it got rid of the frosting fine, it hasn't come back yet, that's nearly 3 years ago

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom