i've almost decided to take the plunge...

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
my carded collection has somewhat ground to a halt recently, as i just can't find (or afford) any of the bits i want at the moment. so as i find it hard to live without at least one package arriving every day :lol: i think i am going to start a loose collection! :D

what worries me about collecting loose stuff is firstly the amount of repro weapons, and secondly the fact that postage often costs more than the figure sells for :lol:

so i was wandering what is the best way to approach it? ideally i would quite like to buy a bulk lot, maybe 20 or so, to save on postage in the long run and have a good starting point. i'm not really that bothered about condition as long as they are ok, c8ish, so does anyone have a pile of complete but not neccessarily mint loose figures lying around that they'd sell?

i've just bought my first loose figure for over 10 years on ebay (would you believe it, a bespin luke :lol: ) so i'm in the mood to give him some company. ideally some main characters.

;)

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I knew you'd give in to the dark side in the end!! :twisted:

Buying bulk is a good way to get started but always look for the very best you can afford. Honestly if you buy rubbish in a few months you will want to sell them and upgrade to better ones and you will end up making a loss. :wink:

Postage is usually around Ã'£1.50 which is pretty much standard by all sellers. Repro weapons can be a problem but you will soon learn to spot them, but the best way to avoid them is to use reliable sellers.

spoons

Grand Master
Try this guy

http://stores.ebay.com/JediToyland_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQdptZ0QQftidZ2QQsclZ0QQtZkm

his loose figures tend to be cheaper than the Uk ones and he does a good deal on bulk purchases. His figures are rarely mint but generally a C8 or so. Never had a repro off him and postage is fast, the one drawback is that he uses stock photos.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
He's got loads of bulk collections, but buying that many in one go takes away the fun of collecting. :wink:

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
The best way to start a collection is to get a bulk lot from usa. I dont know why but loose figures cost a lot less there than here. But more and more people are getting wise to buying from accross the pond. The best way to get a bargin is to go on ebay.com (not .uk) and look for listings that do not offer worldwide delivery and ask them if they would deliver to u.k. about 50% will deliver to u.k. if you ask. I have had some mega bargins this way because people assume if they dont offer worldwide delivery that they wont post it worldwide.
P.s. dont tell anyone else or everyone will be doing it. :wink:

kilroy

Padawan
i try and am trying to collect a bit in bulk and drive down to pick up. u get to know each other and make friends. thats more than just collecting, but knowing each other which is nice.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
i just finished my carded collection and had the same idea edd.
first i bought a collection of the first 77 figures for Ã'£110. alot have cape's etc and the one's that dont can be bought on ebay, it will keep me busy.

As for weapons i am not that bothered about repro as trying to get all original could be costly and a nightmare, and as i already have a full carded collection i have them already. as long as they are the correct colour and look fine repro's fine with me. i just received 20 this morning and they look great
i have already bought 100 stands from captaincaveman and might get something like a clear glass cabinet to dispaly them in

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom