• love star wars and great memorys from childhood

Votes: 23 100.0%
  • other reason (please state)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i was just wondering ,out of every body on the forum (how can i put this)
hmm who collect sw suff out of love and the memorys they have
or is there another attraction ,
think i will do a poll though i think it will be one sided
hope you all get the point

wampa

Padawan
this is an interesting poll,
i am on the dark side of collecting i'm afraid, while i do love the figures, and particularly love the films as both were a great part of my childhood, i now track down items for a good price to sell on to fund both my own collecting and just general trying to get by, so i know most members will hate me for it but i vote for other reasons, but i think it is possible to collect for love and trade for profit, together, as long you remember you are trading to people just like yourself

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Has to be the love of the films and figures!! Was born in 76 and all my childhood memorys seem to contain star wars at some level. Christmas memorys all revolve around what figures I got and still remember asking a customer service woman in tesco's to go through a new box of figures to see if there was a klaatu (anyone else remember him being rare when first released??) I could go on with the memorys, but don't want to bore you all too much :D . Also I could never find snaggletooth when I was a kid, anyone else have this problem :roll: ?

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Originally it was nostalgia but now it is more of a hobby.

Hey Wampa, I don't hate you, just as long as you keep me informed of any interesting pieces. :wink:

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Has to be the Nostalgia buzz for me :wink: Was born in 77 and have always been a fan.

The Original Trilogy have a 10/10 feel good factor and nothing either goes wrong when you are watching it :wink:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
roundster said:
Also I could never find snaggletooth when I was a kid, anyone else have this problem :roll: ?
There was only one toy shop in the town where I live and the Tusken Raider was impossible to find.

I bought one from a kid at school one day, then incredibly his dad came round to my house later that night and demanded the figure back saying I ripped him off !! :oops: :evil: :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:
roundster said:
Also I could never find snaggletooth when I was a kid, anyone else have this problem :roll: ?
There was only one top shop in the town where I live and the Tusken Raider was impossible to find.

I bought one from a kid at school one day, then incredibly his dad came round to my house later that night and demanded the figure back saying I ripped him off !! :oops: :evil: :lol:

always had an eye for a bargain eh craig :wink:

I started collecting purely for nostalgia, but I do enjoy getting a bargain and selling it on :twisted:

mash

Sith Lord
Fact is I can afford more now than I, or my family could and its nice to own things that I thought I would never have.
Even now the films give me a "feel good factor" and I can watch them over and over again!

Mash

sith-smith

Grand Master
I certainly began getting all the things I never had as a kid.

I also started to fullfil my dreams that I had as a kid by having a huge stormtrooper army and a fleet of tie fighters. 8)

jayjedi

Sith Lord
the toys and films were my childhood. never had any of the big items apart from the falcon, so can you imagine how cool it was to get an at-at at the age of 22 ( the inner child almost pissed myself) . i dont drink ( anymore that should be , to many hangovers) i dont smoke ( quit for over a year) just about grown out of my xbox and 360. i just think the carded figures and boxed ships look amazing after all this time.
with my grandparents ( god rest thier souls) it was antiques, so maybe our generation it will be chilhood toys?

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
roundster said:
still remember asking a customer service woman in tesco's to go through a new box of figures to see if there was a klaatu (anyone else remember him being rare when first released??)

Yep I remember him being hard to get. A friend and I used to collect the figures and we usually got the same figure on the same day but Klaatu escaped us. Then one day he went to the toyshop on his own (think I was sick) and he found Klaatu - shop only got 1 (or had only 1 left by the time he got there)
Damn I hated him that day..

mash

Sith Lord
so can you imagine how cool it was to get an at-at at the age of 22 ( the inner child almost pissed myself)

Same here mate getting the At At at last was the best day and I only paid Ã'£30 for it and got a boxed snowspeeder with it as well!!

oh happy days :D :D

mash

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
mash said:
so can you imagine how cool it was to get an at-at at the age of 22 ( the inner child almost pissed myself)

Same here mate getting the At At at last was the best day and I only paid Ã'£30 for it and got a boxed snowspeeder with it as well!!

oh happy days :D :D

mash
i never liked the at at or falcon really , i think it was because i only had the small bedroom and they seemed to take over,i prefered the snowspeeder,though i didnt even know it had 2 seats for months doh

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
im a 100% collector, just love the films, action figures, vehicles, everything!!!!

i love it that much ive sold my collections 2 or 3 times now and said thats enough, i cant afford it, but a couple of months down the line, i start up again, much to the fiancees annoyance!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Top Bottom