"baggie" figures??

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
i think there was a topic about these on the old forum.

im collecting all figures on all card back, i no its gonna take ages, but hey, it keeps me going!!

ive decided i want a baggie figure of each as well, seeing as they are in another type of packaging. just wandered if every figure was released in a baggie and how much they usually retail for??? i dont really know much about them??

anybody got any info would be great!!!

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I believe they are all available, presumably exluding the POTF line but there are some very rare ones. As far as I can remember the Death Star Droid is hard to find.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i think getting baggies is the best and cheapest way to get a mint loose collection ,that and getting battered carded figures
no matter how mint a loose figure is described 995 of the time you will find some mark on it

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Even if the figure is in a baggie it doesn't mean it will be 'mint' though as the bag offers no protection. Also the production process then wasn't as good as it is with modern figures.

Personally I don't like baggies as you cannot really display them. :lol:

Dom

Jedi Master
Yeah DSD & Power Droid are really expensive, so is the Jawa from what I remember. Its not a cheap or easy thing to collect mate

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
presumably exluding the POTF line
You can get the potf figures in baggies. When they stopped making the figures they put them all into baggies as job lots. I remember wooworths selling bags of about 12 figures for about 99p.Those packs are worth a small fortune today!! I really wish i had a time machine. :cry:

Davis

Padawan
Yes there was some1 with loads of baggies , i also have started buyin baggies got a few so far :p leahs Toys has a Amanaman baggie in his shop at the mo but its top dollar 8)

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
cheers for all your help guys, i know it aint gona be easy but it will be a challenge for me. watching some at the mo, leia organa's up to Ã'£26.00, didnt think it would go for that much. :shock:

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
1 more question, can these baggy figures be faked as in do people heat seal or celotape them in any plastic pouch??

whats the best way to prove they are original??

im prob sounding stupid but i really dont know a lot about them.

spoons

Grand Master
I've often wondered the same thing?

I use this guys collection to compare any I'm unsure of, but its hardly foolproof.

http://community.webshots.com/album/550764924zJKnkS

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
thanks spoons, true its not foolproof but it does help, you wouldnt think he would have them if they were fakes. i was just conserned mainly with the stamps on the bag, whether people can fake them??

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
cocofstar said:
I think Martijn had a complete collection and possibly Billyboyrodgers.
I think Martijn had an almost complete collection of baggies but then sold them all when he couldn't find the last 2 or 3 he needed to fund another focus.

spoons

Grand Master
jedi_masters said:
thanks spoons, true its not foolproof but it does help, you wouldnt think he would have them if they were fakes. i was just conserned mainly with the stamps on the bag, whether people can fake them??

i dont think people fake the stamps, they just reseal other figures in the very common 3po bags. Supposedly bags and stamps are different across the board but I've never seen a comprehensive list.

There's a job out there for someone

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master

My friend got fooled big time several years ago. He bought a sealed red cape bib . He didnt pay silly money for it and assumed it was genuine as it came from a reputable dealer at a toy fair. He let me photograph it for venoms loose collection site. It was then he decided to open it and the ONLY thing that gave it away as being a fake was the stamp an the leg and bag did not match.
There are some VERY good fake baggies out there. The best way to tell is if you compare one you suspect to a genuine one. The one that has been re-heat sealed will be shorter.
And allways suspect taped baggies (that is why afa will not grade them as a U.)

Martijn71

Padawan
craignwo4life said:
cocofstar said:
I think Martijn had a complete collection and possibly Billyboyrodgers.
I think Martijn had an almost complete collection of baggies but then sold them all when he couldn't find the last 2 or 3 he needed to fund another focus.

* found my way back to this board :) *

That's right, I almost had a complete set minus DSD (wich got lost in the mail :( ) Didn't count the European last 11 though ... did have the Yak.

Now they are all gone to a better home (collection linked a few posts earlier)

~Martijn!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom