What if?

spoons

Grand Master
I wondered who the hell mongo was so i googled him and found this custom job on another forum

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?PHPSESSID=de516930c41f44cea552d18d97e4d9f7&topic=9302.msg149802

its well done 8)

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
I'd have loved....

Vader removeable helmet
Rebel trooper
Tarkin
Han Stormtrooper
Sand trooper
Garindan
More cantina creatures
oola
Slave leia

Can't believe no one said that last one.
:p
i have the modern slave leia and she looks like a trannie

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
jabbawokkie said:
sith-smith said:
I'd have loved....

Slave leia

Can't believe no one said that last one.
:p
i have the modern slave leia and she looks like a trannie
Looking at the vintage Leia's produced during the 80's I can't imagine they could have made her sexy!! The Leia Hoth in a bikini is a scary thought :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think this old thread from 2006 is really great (y) I wish I had seen it befor, so 17 years later 😂

Tarkin
Han Solo stormtrooper
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Y-Wing Pilot
Biggs x-wing pilot
Wedge Antilles x-wing pilot
Desert stormtrooper
more ewoks 😂

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
If I had to pick just one figure, I'm going to be boring and say Tarkin. Many's the time as a young boy that my Death Squad Commander had to pull a double-shift standing in for the Grand Moff, just like when the first 10 Empire figures were released my Rebel Soldier had to double as a Luke Hoth :). It really is a mystery to me why Kenner chose to make the barely-seen DSC over the creepy and brilliant Peter Cushing's creation.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
If I had to pick just one figure, I'm going to be boring and say Tarkin. Many's the time as a young boy that my Death Squad Commander had to pull a double-shift standing in for the Grand Moff, just like when the first 10 Empire figures were released my Rebel Soldier had to double as a Luke Hoth :). It really is a mystery to me why Kenner chose to make the barely-seen DSC over the creepy and brilliant Peter Cushing's creation.
I think they did not do tarkin because cushing did not want a figure made of him. I think I read that years ago here on the forum :unsure:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Rebel Fleet Trooper- so surprised they didn't make this, as they would've sold loads! Was always mystified as a kid about this.

sith-smith

Grand Master
I have a feeling that Tarkin was considered for a toy in the vintage line and that there was even a trademark on the name for its use as a toy. Cannot remember where I read that. May have been Rebelscum.

I would guess that he was not considered as worthy a figure to produce for kids to play with and by the time it was clear that SW toys were hugely popular and the SW line was well underway, it was time to start promoting the ESB line.

Dad of Luke

Padawan
Tarkin or Rebel Fleet Trooper for me. As a kid, I thought Tarkin was creepy as hell and a bit scary, and the Rebel Fleet Troopers looked really cool in their combat pants and I loved their headgear. I would've happily played with both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom