GRADED VINTAGE ON CARD DARTH VADER ACTION FIGURES FOR SALE

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nice Vaders. Sort of reminds me of something......hmmmm.....not a long time ago in a galaxy quite near here, actually. Oh, hang fire, here we are:

shemp1.JPG

Now then, given DisposableHeroesComics went tits up (crying shame as I had a lot of comics off you) I'm guessing that makes you Darren McRoberts. That also makes you a bit of a naughty person. Firstly, as per the picture, these were meant to be given away in a prize draw which required an entrant to by one of your DHC exclusive cover Shattered Empire comics. So, who won? Clearly no one as you decided to keep the things.

It also makes you a bad person because I had to open up a PayPal case to get my money back from you after you failed to deliver my last few pre-orders.

I was a big fan of DHC while you were going, but the way you went out of business sucks arse for your loyal customers and to now roll up here and list these at £2k when they should be with one of your customers is, frankly, taking the piss.

And save the "I bought them off Darren after he went bust" because that still makes Darren McRoberts a fraudster (i.e. you) and that's a crock anyway, as the photo is the exact same one as the one from your e-mails from September last year.

Care to comment?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
One more thing, what really, really pisses me off is that I would have had that 65bk Vader off you in a snap :evil:

Joe

Grand Master
Good catch oh scruffy one! Who wants to bet we won't hear from "belfastSith" again soon.

plantman

Sith Lord
Please post up to date pictures with current name and date on a bit of paper, to verify you own these or thread will be deleted, as for the accusations we shall see what transpires.

as for trust...well that would have to be at discretion.

yoda

Sith Lord
I hope this isn't another fraudster I hope the guy replies incase it's not the same guy. I presume you guys know the address of where he's from if it is the same guy.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
DHC was based in Belfast. Check out the username. The photo is the same one as the emails from August/Sept last year and even called "COMP.jpg" as Carl pointed out. I look forward to an explanation that dispenses with the coincidences.

yoda

Sith Lord
Interesting Belfast compared to English city's isn't a very big place. I spotted the user name but didn't know if it was relevant to where these items wer.
Curious now to know if your right.

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
So I'm guessing that DHC went bust before the draw ? Had forgotten about this, I was considering buying one of those exclusive comics. Glad I didn't now.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Think that's answered any doubts. Thanks for joining us, Darren. Hello and goodbye! Try popping up on FB or eBay and I'll be sure to give you some **** there, too :evil:

Here's the text and photo from his original posting, in all it's glory:

BelfastSith said:
Hi Guys,
First go submitting a topic but I hope more will follow. Currently been placed in a position where I need to raise some funds so I will be parting with bits and pieces of my collection over the next few weeks. So lets get the ball rolling.
I have 2 ROTJ Vaders, 1 ESB 48 Back Vader & an original 12 back Vader all up for grabs. In a perfect world I would like all 4 to go together to a good home. I am currently looking £2000 for all 4 but of course I am willing to barter on the price. I will also consider splitting the set up for the right price.
Pics attached and admins please let me know if I've broken any rules :p

COMP.jpg

Figure Grades:
12 Back : UK Graders 75% with 75% card, 75% bubble and 90% figure
ESB : AFA Graders 75 with 75% card, 85% bubble and 85% figure
ROTJ 65 Back: AFA Graders 85% with 85% card, 85% bubble and 85% figure
ROTJ 65 Back: UK Graders 75% with 75% card, 80% bubble and 85% figure

I have hi res images available upon request so get in touch. They are too large to add to the post

And if there were any doubts about the claims of how he went out of business then his eBay account will tell it all:

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=disposableheroescomics&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=30&_trkparms=negative_30

The draw for the Vaders was meant to be on the 18th December 2015. The DHC Facebook account was last updated on the 19th December 2015, so, strictly speaking, he was still in business at the time.

Don't get me wrong, I have sympathy for the guy: Been there and done that with a failed business and it not a good time in your life but when you're in the business of taking masses of pre-orders and so taking money off people way up front I think there is a much greater burden upon you to do the right thing and do your customers right. When he folded there would have been thousands of customers out of pocket. He has a massive, and I mean massive, stock of comics left including a shed load of the DHC limited edition covers AND these Vaders left. The least he could have done was sell off what he had and refunded people but no, he chose to ignore e-mail and let people fight for their money back from PayPal. No announcement, e-mails, FB posts, nothing. That't ****.

yoda

Sith Lord
What a dickhead! Steve has a point someone could drive up and offer him a bunch of fivers for the lot. And then they could be sold on the forum here :twisted:

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
If the seller had not wound up his business before the 18th December 2015 then strictly speaking the draw should have taken place for any customers who bought one of the exclusive covers. I'm no lawyer but I'm guessing the draw constitutes a lottery which falls under the UK Gambling Act 2005. Any abuse of this act can result in criminal prosecution. I think the first thing to do is to find out if there are any SWFUK members who purchased one of these covers and find out whether they've pursued a claim against this guy. Knowing that he's now trying to sell on these items may be useful evidence in any case against him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom