Another quick reseal

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Another quick reseal

Post by Palifan »

This weeks reseal is a project I've been meaning to do for a while now.

I had this 30 back Palitoy Imperial Commander that had the nameplate missing as well as a bad crease through the centre but did have a nice bubble and the original footer. By luck I had a card back of the same figure and as it was the same Palitoy 30 back I thought it was time to marry these two up together and give it a place on display (if I can find any room lol!).

I only went as far as the first 30 released for my reseal collection but as I have a few opened card backs with bubbles of the next 10 released I thought it was worth while sorting them out.

I do have a figure for this reseal in my loose collection so I may well use that one or buy another and seal him in with his weapon tapped to the side at some point but it's nice to finish this one.

Ian
Attachments
IMG_2595.jpg
IMG_2595.jpg (156.5 KiB) Viewed 693 times
IMG_2599.jpg
IMG_2599.jpg (184.2 KiB) Viewed 693 times
IMG_2600.jpg
IMG_2600.jpg (218.92 KiB) Viewed 693 times
IMG_2601.jpg
IMG_2601.jpg (149.22 KiB) Viewed 693 times
IMG_2603.jpg
IMG_2603.jpg (189.71 KiB) Viewed 693 times
theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Another quick reseal

Post by theforceuk »

Wow nice job. 8)
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'
Michael Sith
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Michael Sith »

Another great piece of work Ian 8)
"What is thy bidding, my master?"
SublevelStudios
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by SublevelStudios »

Looks the business Ian.

And an interesting price label too - there's a sentence I thought I'd never say.
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Palifan »

Thanks for the comments guys and I thought the same as you Mark about the price sticker. i was thinking about maybe taking it off and sticking it on the back of the card to keep it together but I may just leave this one as is as it's a fun one.

Still more reseal work for me to do whilst I'm at home so I'll keep you all posted if I work on some more.

Ian
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

That's excellent work, Ian! From the finished photo, you'd never know it wasn't all from the same card.

Best of luck if you decide to tackle any more, and I look forward to seeing the results!

Jeremy
Cazza
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Cazza »

Wow Ian! Looks fabulous. Dunno how you do it! 8)
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Palifan wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:40 pm

I had this 30 back Palitoy Imperial Commander that had the nameplate missing as well as a bad crease through the centre but did have a nice bubble and the original footer. By luck I had a card back of the same figure and as it was the same Palitoy 30 back I thought it was time to marry these two up together and give it a place on display (if I can find any room lol!).

I only went as far as the first 30 released for my reseal collection but as I have a few opened card backs with bubbles of the next 10 released I thought it was worth while sorting them out.

I do have a figure for this reseal in my loose collection so I may well use that one or buy another and seal him in with his weapon tapped to the side at some point but it's nice to finish this one.

Ian
It looks great Ian, I am a little bit confused did you use the cardback with the missing nameplate or any parts from it ? :?

Any pictures of the other cardback that you found ? :?
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Palifan »

Pomse2001 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:36 pm
Palifan wrote:

Ian
It looks great Ian, I am a little bit confused did you use the cardback with the missing nameplate or any parts from it ? :?

Once I finished this I thought that I should have taken more pictures before I started and I've just finished another and didn't take pictures again before starting lol!

Anyway, the finished one you see with the mounted bubble was originally just a card back with no bubble but it did have the name plate. The card back you see with the missing nameplate had a bubble attached to it originally so I removed this bubble and then mounted it onto the card back. I did have to peal a layer of card off of the back of the bubble that I removed and then I pealed a top layer of card board (plus picture), off of the front of the card back so that the bubble would sit flush onto the card.

Hopefully that's clear although it does sound more complicated than it is so I wish I'd taken more pictures :lol:

Ian
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Palifan wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:48 pm
Pomse2001 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:36 pm
Palifan wrote:

Ian

Once I finished this I thought that I should have taken more pictures before I started and I've just finished another and didn't take pictures again before starting lol!

Anyway, the finished one you see with the mounted bubble was originally just a card back with no bubble but it did have the name plate. The card back you see with the missing nameplate had a bubble attached to it originally so I removed this bubble and then mounted it onto the card back. I did have to peal a layer of card off of the back of the bubble that I removed and then I pealed a top layer of card board (plus picture), off of the front of the card back so that the bubble would sit flush onto the card.

Hopefully that's clear although it does sound more complicated than it is so I wish I'd taken more pictures :lol:

Ian
Thanks Ian for the update, now I understand all of it :lol: it looks great, I can't even see where it is put together :shock:
Tomasfuria
New User
New User

Post by Tomasfuria »

such a wonderful job! Still not getting it. Could u please post some pictures of the process?? to me looks like witchcraft! hahaha :D
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Tomasfuria wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:46 pm
such a wonderful job! Still not getting it. Could u please post some pictures of the process?? to me looks like witchcraft! hahaha :D
Well, I can't show you Ian's fabulous process, but if you want to see a step-by-step of my own, try this :-)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40652

Jeremy
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Palifan »

Snaketibe wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:52 pm
Tomasfuria wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:46 pm
Well, I can't show you Ian's fabulous process, but if you want to see a step-by-step of my own, try this :-)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40652

Jeremy

Well done Jeremy for posting the link, I'd forgotten about this thread I started and I'll have to dig that figure out as it's been a while since I've seen it.

Ian