12 Backs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Armory

Padawan
tiefighterboy said:
weasel said:
On that note, you two blow ins..................

weasel said:
Lets keep FS threads to constructive comments on the actual items FS please.

:wink: :lol:

I want to get blowed. :lol:

:lol: I've got to chime in too :lol:

I did actually click on the FS thread expecting to look at "12 Backs" photos and look what I find instead, a discussion on bashing/ posting or not posting photos :lol:

I always keep a look out for potential focus purchases. But no pics is a lost sale from me at least and maybe others? Sorry but I'm in agreement with posting some pics :wink: LET THE DELETING OF NON-TRANSACTIONAL COMMENTS BEGIN. Oh wait...wrong place :lol: (inside joke for those that know)

Trioculus

Padawan
I always keep a look out for potential focus purchases. But no pics is a lost sale from me at least and maybe others? Sorry but I'm in agreement with posting some pics :wink: LET THE DELETING OF NON-TRANSACTIONAL COMMENTS BEGIN. Oh wait...wrong place :lol: (inside joke for those that know)[/quote]

Just checked back on here - amazing.

Thanks all for the comments, particularly those in support.
I note and appreciate the comments made - the short version is I don't check back that often and rely on PMs, which I reply to.
Secondly, I find those who genuinely are interested and want pics or further information PM me. In ALL INSTANCES where someone has asked to post pics there has never been a follow up sale. They simply want to drool at pictures - in which case visit a limelight thread!
Thirdly - I have had pictures copied and used for fraudulent listings on ebay previously so I now tend to not post pics.
Finally - to the jibe artists - well all know you have no intention on purchasing anything so why waste people's time?

In response to earlier enquiries posted, the DSC is a 12 Back C and the R2 is a 12 Back B. AFA number would be provided with a genuine enquiry along with pictures.

Thanks
Jase

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ok, he's had his right to reply so rather than this turning into a train wreck can we agree to disagree on the need/point in posting pictures and move on!?

It's his FS thread, if he doesn't want to post pictures......

talldroid77

Padawan
rangersjedi said:
talldroid77 said:
whats wrong with uploading photos?

Whats wrong with sending the seller a pm instead of commenting in his for sale thread

starting a load of bashing the seller and slagging him if you want pictures pm him its really not that hard.

I did pm for photos before writing the post - got nothing. I certainly didn't mean to slag anybody and don't feel i did :)

Trioculus

Padawan
talldroid77 said:
rangersjedi said:
talldroid77 said:

Whats wrong with sending the seller a pm instead of commenting in his for sale thread

starting a load of bashing the seller and slagging him if you want pictures pm him its really not that hard.

I did pm for photos before writing the post - got nothing. I certainly didn't mean to slag anybody and don't feel i did :)

Really? That's very interesting. FYI:

Message subject: Re: r2
Sent: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:58 pm
To: talldroid77

Outbox says message has been read???

Trioculus

Padawan
I did pm for photos before writing the post - got nothing. I certainly didn't mean to slag anybody and don't feel i did :)[/quote]

I am closing my account here.
The comment from talldroid77 is the final straw really.
I have replied to his enquiry which was read (outbox 0) and he has the nerve to be inflammatory and post the above.

With the few exceptions (you know who you are) what a bloody awful community of newbie keyboard warriors. No intention of buying but quite happy to ruin my reputation by posting such comments as he above.

Jason

A

Anonymous

Trioculus said:

I am closing my account here.
The comment from talldroid77 is the final straw really.
I have replied to his enquiry which was read (outbox 0) and he has the nerve to be inflammatory and post the above.

With the few exceptions (you know who you are) what a bloody awful community of newbie keyboard warriors. No intention of buying but quite happy to ruin my reputation by posting such comments as he above.

Jason[/quote]

Can admin do something about this i have considered closing my about due to all the hassle on my for sale thread!!!!!

A

Anonymous

talldroid77 said:
rangersjedi said:
talldroid77 said:

no you never directly but because of your comment calling the seller out on not posting pics this opened the floodgates

for the debate about not posting pics its the sellers post not a debate the discussion pages are for that!!!!

Joe

Grand Master
While I can certainly see the frustration of having someone enquire about an item who isn't actually interested in buying it (especially if they kick off in your sale thread too) I have to ask..Is it really worth leaving the site over? All you guys (rangers & trio) have to do is notify a moderator if you think someone is taking the piss and we can have a word or post something in public.

Talldroid- I understand that pictures in a for sale thread are important to buyers and usually provided but they are not mandatory and there is no rule to state sellers must post a picture. If you are seriously interested you can forward your email on and wait for them.

If you or anyone else don't like the fact that the OP prefers to chat and send pictures via email when doing business then I suggest you move along and find another for sale thread. It's not like these were the only 12 backs out there is it?

One last thing, again this is to talldroid: You've been here less than a month and you've already been involved in two incidents involving sellers that have been registered here for years. Sellers that nobody has ever had a problem with (I know I've dealt with both rangers and trio and have nothing but nice things to say about them).

Now, that's not to say you haven't had a point when you've posted BUT unless you want WW3 the best course of action (especially for a new member) is to either: Start a thread to discuss the issue (in vintage chat preferably), speak to the seller in person to express your concern or if all else fails, speak to a moderator - we are the ones in green if you weren't aware.

Obvious exceptions to posting publicly in a sellers for sale thread are the following:

a) OP is a scammer
b) OP is a one post wonder advertising their shite
c) OP is a ****
d) OP is Todd

Hopefully nobody feels the need to leave over this and those that are new to SWF can integrate themselves into the community a bit better in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom