12xMISB tripod laser cannons with palitoy shipping case

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
spoons said:
My only question would be why are they Kenner laser canons in a Palitoy box? Or would the box come straight from HK (or wherever) to Ashby and get a Palitoy sticker there?

I have only seen the Ewok Catapult and the Ewok Glider with Palitoy stickers. Or at least that's all I recall seeing. A member here as a case of 48 x Kenner AST-5s in a Palitoy shipper. I guess it was a phase they went through at some point and then didn't bother with stickers anymore?

spoons

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
spoons said:
My only question would be why are they Kenner laser canons in a Palitoy box? Or would the box come straight from HK (or wherever) to Ashby and get a Palitoy sticker there?

I have only seen the Ewok Catapult and the Ewok Glider with Palitoy stickers. Or at least that's all I recall seeing. A member here as a case of 48 x Kenner AST-5s in a Palitoy shipper. I guess it was a phase they went through at some point and then didn't bother with stickers anymore?

thanks Simon but i meant the shipper sticker. Presumably a box of kenner canons got shipped to Ashby and then got an Ashby sticker on the box?

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
spoons said:

thanks Simon but i meant the shipper sticker. Presumably a box of kenner canons got shipped to Ashby and then got an Ashby sticker on the box?

All of the Kenner stuff over here came through the factory first at Coalville before being shipped to Ashby from what I understand.
Mini rigs and Kenner carded figures came into the UK to sell and not just there own produced card's, maybe it was a case of supply and demand or maybe it was a case of overproduction and a place to channel it from the state's to keep the manufacturing going.
The mini rigs where made and packed in the far east and sent here complete.
The label would have been applied at Ashby in the Low Rise I believe as it was picked and packed to complete the order.
This one has the deeper blue label applied which is interesting to me. I'm not sure how and when the different colours came about but I have seen 2 different colours, mine is the lighter softer blue on both my Rancor and Tripod cartons.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom