Any 40K Players?

BadMotivator

Jedi Knight
sith-smith said:
I had a space marine company...Dark Angel...

I think I'm going Dark Angels for my army, GW made them the poster boys for a while a couple of years ago and based the starter set around them, which I got so I already have 500-600 points worth. They got a new codex too and while they're not a top tier army at the moment, they are pretty strong without being cheese.

In other Dark Angels news, Deathwing the new first person shooter comes out 8th Dec on PC, looks quite nice:

[youtube]OhRqPwyHXKg[/youtube]

BadMotivator

Jedi Knight
If anyone's interested, this is the starter set that they do at the moment, and for £65 it's pretty amazing.
The starter kits all feature top quality minis now, rather than the cheapy ones they used to contain. It's been quite a good selling stratergy for them because even long term players buy the kits because you get so much for such a cheap price. Also there are two 30K box kits out, making that a lot more affordable to get into as it was only available from Forge World before.

Dark vengeance £65:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Dark-Vengeance-EN

Also New Blood Bowl starter set £65:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blood-Bowl-2016-ENG

sith-smith

Grand Master
BadMotivator said:
sith-smith said:
I had a space marine company...Dark Angel...

I think I'm going Dark Angels for my army, GW made them the poster boys for a while a couple of years ago and based the starter set around them, which I got so I already have 500-600 points worth. They got a new codex too and while they're not a top tier army at the moment, they are pretty strong without being cheese.

In other Dark Angels news, Deathwing the new first person shooter comes out 8th Dec on PC, looks quite nice:

[youtube]OhRqPwyHXKg[/youtube]

Basically....yes...yes please!!!

I played Space Marine, which was another DOW FPS...that was awesome, and visually stunning. There are a lot of 40k games and not all are great, but this Deathwing one looks great. Looks like a major upgrade of The former Space Hulk games 8)

lejackal

Grand Master
So reading this got me intrigued and doing a few eBay searches and £20 later bought me a little bit of mid nineties nostalgia :) just need to ask for paint, glue and brushes for crimbo lol

Attachments

• WP_20161119_10_56_02_Rich.jpg
    WP_20161119_10_56_02_Rich.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 37
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom