Artoo-Detoo (R2D2) Real vs Reproduction

dark lord

Padawan
I'm still here guys i just don't get much time to chat I've been working all sorts of different shifts at work and tend to just have a quick scan to see what's the latest news.
I'll try and take a few photo's at some time of weapon variations but its nothing you haven't seen before on RS or here, got my eye on a stormtrooper blaster variation on ebay at the moment. I've got a nice loose Death Star droid i can take a photo of i bought from darth plagueis on Ebay with good paint and tight limbs, it took about seven atempts to get one with good paint and limbs though. :p

spoons

Grand Master
good to see you are still around :)

be careful of Darth Plagueis - there are some strong opinions on Mr Richard Torres :twisted:

Joe

Grand Master
Welcome back :) Good to see a return poster even after some mild abuse :D

When you get that DSD make sure its not been repainted black, take some macro pictures and post them here if you aren't sure !

gustie

Sith Lord
see the little fella on the RIGHT - FAKE sticker....
solidtops2.jpg

Lee

Padawan
That second one in on the left looks like the discoloured 'gold' dome variant that seems to be popular at the moment for variant collectors(me included i have one LOL :lol: ) Seen one or two go for a princely sum on ebay just lately.

dark lord

Padawan
Thanks gustie, Is that the only difference or are there some more subtle differences on the sticker. I've noticed on some R2's a difference in dimension at point 1 on my photo and variation at point two, is this just variation or a sign of a fake sticker? I know some repro stickers have a different finish more shiny than an original.

gustie

Sith Lord
dark lord said:
Thanks gustie, Is that the only difference or are there some more subtle differences on the sticker. I've noticed on some R2's a difference in dimension at point 1 on my photo and variation at point two, is this just variation or a sign of a fake sticker? I know some repro stickers have a different finish more shiny than an original.

i think some of the solid top ones are different to sensorscope ones ETC... and the pop up ones are slightly different

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom