B Wing Fighter box dimensions

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
After a wee favour - any chance someone could measure the B Wing box and let me know Length and Height please

Cheers

Oh and since you have it down off the shelf to measure, feel free to sell it to me :)

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Which box please? The Kenner or the Tri-logo, as they're both completely different.
Is there any chance you have both?
After another wee favour. I'm sure my B Wing from Christmas 84 was the Kenner version but now I'm not 100% sure.
Here's a picture from that morning, no sign of the box but looks like inserts in the bin behind me and in front of the sofa on the right hand side of the picture.
Is there any chance you can match these to either the Tri logo or Kenner.
Cheers
Col.
AB9C59EB-7FD8-420A-8863-0E574750FCEA.jpeg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Is there any chance you have both?
After another wee favour. I'm sure my B Wing from Christmas 84 was the Kenner version but now I'm not 100% sure.
Here's a picture from that morning, no sign of the box but looks like inserts in the bin behind me and in front of the sofa on the right hand side of the picture.
Is there any chance you can match these to either the Tri logo or Kenner.
Cheers
Col. View attachment 178338
No problem, I have the dimensions and will upload them later after I finish work. In the meantime, here's a link to photos of both of my B-Wings, including their inner packaging, from Lars' brilliant 'Toy of the Week' thread:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
No problem, I have the dimensions and will upload them later after I finish work. In the meantime, here's a link to photos of both of my B-Wings, including their inner packaging, from Lars' brilliant 'Toy of the Week' thread:

Ah those pics are excellent. Looks like trilogo has smaller separate pieces of cardboard and only the Kenner version has the solid long one piece insert which I can see in my Christmas pic next to the sofa. Not sure what's in the waste paper bin behind me, perhaps something to do with the TIE interceptor I got that year as well.
Thank you for taking the time to find those pics and help - full steam ahead to finding a Kenner box for Christmas 2024 :):):)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Ah those pics are excellent. Looks like trilogo has smaller separate pieces of cardboard and only the Kenner version has the solid long one piece insert which I can see in my Christmas pic next to the sofa. Not sure what's in the waste paper bin behind me, perhaps something to do with the TIE interceptor I got that year as well.
Thank you for taking the time to find those pics and help - full steam ahead to finding a Kenner box for Christmas 2024 :):):)
Firstly, my apologies for not reading your last post properly. For some reason, I thought you were after the box dimensions of the T-L version (FFIW 63.5 x 21.0 x 21.0 cm), so that will teach me to skim-read posts whilst at lunch! :LOL:

Secondly, thank you for your nice comments about my photos. As for finding them? You're very welcome. It gave me an excuse to revisit the 'Toy of the Week' threads which I was an active participant in throughout its run. Lars (Pomse2001) was an absolute superstar for sticking with it and masterminding the whole 'TOTW' project, as it lasted months and months and he put in a hell of a lot of work doing it. If you ever need pics of vintage items on this forum, the TOTW threads are usually a great place to start :)

Thirdly, you are quite correct about the T-L B-Wing having smaller separate inner packaging pieces compared to the Kenner box, which has a larger, longer one-piece inner. Your photo does indeed show a Kenner box's inner packaging on the floor next to you. In case it helps, here's a couple more shots of the Kenner inner:

B-Wing - 01.jpg

B-Wing - 02.jpg

Lastly, your younger self did indeed throw away a TIE Interceptor inner (cue the 'TOTW' threads once again):

Jeremy

PS - I actually have the box dimensions for pretty much all vintage boxed items apart from 12" figures, mini-rigs and non-4" figure scale toys, so just shout if you want any others :)

Hello! Just stumbled accross this thread looking for box measurements of the Kenner B-Wing. I just recently got a hold of a B-Wing and want to touch it up and gift it to a good friend, since this was his favourite toy as a child.

I am currently trying to figure out how to fake the original box. Does anyone have experience doing that? I will probably just piece together a box with cardboard and glue on the box art with printed A4 letters.

Anyway I was trying to ask if you @Snaketibe could also provide more detailed measurements for the inner box?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hello! Just stumbled accross this thread looking for box measurements of the Kenner B-Wing. I just recently got a hold of a B-Wing and want to touch it up and gift it to a good friend, since this was his favourite toy as a child.

I am currently trying to figure out how to fake the original box. Does anyone have experience doing that? I will probably just piece together a box with cardboard and glue on the box art with printed A4 letters.

Anyway I was trying to ask if you @Snaketibe could also provide more detailed measurements for the inner box?

Thanks in advance!
Creating fakes is not something that this forum supports, sorry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom