BARGAIN OF THE CENTURY???

MikeStrange

Padawan
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenner-Star-Wars-POTF-Anakin-Skywalker-with-Special-Collectors-Coin-RECARD-/190738731655?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c68ea1287&nma=true&si=ly2n7y7fT3oTJ8Ek3wxp7D0H6tI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I can't get over this, look original to me!

Hope someone on here got it :eek:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Wow, looks legit to me too. Bargain of the century indeed!

Still a ****ing hideous card/figure though :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
tiefighterboy said:
He states it is recard in the auction......not quite a bargain. :wink:

He seems to think it is, but looking at the photos I don't think it is. The card and bubble certainly look original, and there's no sign of a reseal. Even if it is an 'original' reseal, one that good is easily worth $125.

shawn_k

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
tiefighterboy said:
He states it is recard in the auction......not quite a bargain. :wink:

He seems to think it is, but looking at the photos I don't think it is. The card and bubble certainly look original, and there's no sign of a reseal. Even if it is an 'original' reseal, one that good is easily worth $125.

Yeah, the seller didn't appear to really know.

Q: Is this original? Not a reprint. Not a Recard?.
A: After doing some research on how to identify a recard, I believe that it may be a recard, I am not a collector, so I cannot say with complete certainty. Thanks for the question, I will update the listing as well.

It would have been nice to know how they concluded that it was a recard. I agree in that it looks fine to me too. It'd be great if the buyer was on one of the boards to find out if it was real in the end or not.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
If real thats a ****ing amazing price for a reseal.Ive seen a cut bubble one go for over 400 dollars in the past.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Apart from the seller stating recard in the description I cant see any obvious signs that it actually is one. It looks good to me. If this is case then this would be one hell of a bargain. Clear(ish) bubbled Anakin on a POTF. Little sticker tear in top right by the looks of it but still.... payday.

When did the auction start? Was a bid placed and the auction ended early or did it run its course? Im just surprised no one really spotted this and wanted to take a punt thats all. (Apart from the buyer of course! :wink: )

PGowdy

Grand Master
It looks legit to me too. If it IS a "recard" (which means a bubble reattached to it's original card) then it's still a very good price. If it is original and originally sealed then it's bargain of the f***ing century. :shock:
I guess we'll have to wait for the buyer to post it on RS if it's someone who's a member there.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
So from this am I understanding that the item was listed at $10 starting with a buy it now of $125? Was the buy it now price added after the auction had started?

PGowdy

Grand Master
Caswellbot said:
So from this am I understanding that the item was listed at $10 starting with a buy it now of $125? Was the buy it now price added after the auction had started?

It's not uncommon. If a buyer contacted the seller and they agreed a price and the seller said, "i'll add a BuyItNow price so you can buy it".
Something i hate by the way. I've lost several deals with sellers doing this and someone else snapping the item up. :x

poncho

Grand Master
im no moc expert! but i have seen a fair few reseals now and that doesnt look a re-seal! so a hell of a bargain, if it is a re-seal its a very good one.

Joe

Grand Master
Yes agreed with the above, it doesn't look like a repro and if it is a reseal using it's original bubble and coin etc then it is still definitely worth the money. Good spot whoever got it, I wonder if it will surface on the forums soon?

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Yes it does look like the real deal. A "Recard" would be a repro cardback/bubble. A "Reseal" would be a real cardback/bubble. The seller did "Seem" a little confused. If it is real, then yes one hell of a deal. Be aware that Mr. Poon sold kits with exact copies of the cardback, bubble and a repro Aluminum coin double sided...identical to the original, however I think his kits were going for damn near that amount....................so...****...I guess it could be for real. :D

lee gray

Sith Lord
I hope it is a reseal as would hate to think the seller got ripped off just because he didnt know.

I know ppl like a bargain.

Drakon

Jedi Knight
I am in contact with the seller right now about this piece. I will let you know what I find out. He is pretty slow but I am hoping to get something out of him.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Drakon said:
I am in contact with the seller right now about this piece. I will let you know what I find out. He is pretty slow but I am hoping to get something out of him.

Hopefully if anything you told him it's worth 2k, not that it's worth $200 and you'd happily buy it instead...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom