Blatant flipper

Palifan

Sith Lord
I've never seen one of these capes do this, even a loose one and it would certainly put me off (as well as the price).

Ian

stormcab

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
I've never seen one of these capes do this, even a loose one and it would certainly put me off (as well as the price).

Ian

and in the description apparently "it adds to the look" :shock:

poncho

Grand Master
id me more concerned by that cape!

never seen discolour like that before on a cape

could be some sort of mould maybe

aussiejames

Sith Lord
There has been recent discussion of VC Jawa capes discolouring post grading, I guess the Sandman is on it's way to:
tusken-gold-cape1.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
More evidence of why spending hundreds, let alone thousands, on these things is absolutely bloody stupid.

Not going to stop me, though :D

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Maybe the person working the assembly line had a nice curry for lunch and neglected to wash their hands properly afterwards. Mmmm 40 yr old curry mould.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
More like evidence of why grading is nonsense. What would it get if re-submitted, 70 max? must have been a Brians Toys submission in the first place, look at the hanger wear!

kingshearer

Jedi Master
edd_jedi said:
More like evidence of why grading is nonsense. What would it get if re-submitted, 70 max? must have been a Brians Toys submission in the first place, look at the hanger wear!
Completely agree, ridiculous state of affairs.
How can AFA give it a figure grade of 85 unless the 'commonly seen phenomenon' has happened since the grading.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
It's never going to sell for that BIN price, the first auction price is it's true value. Anyone who collects high grade stuff is going to stay away from that as it's a clear flaw. Sand People one of the cheapest 12 backs to get in my expereance. :)

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:

Eh? Am I missing something here? The AFA one has no wear, the one pictured in the thread does but isn't graded is it?

It's fine AFA bashing, but bash the right stuff!! :lol:

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
It's for this reason that I recently sold my VCJ MOC. I am not in this stuff for investment, but I am also not in the business of holding items that have a good chance of degrading and precipitously losing value over time. Same reason I got rid of my POTF MOCs - those bubbles scare the **** out of me.

stormcab

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
edd_jedi said:

Eh? Am I missing something here? The AFA one has no wear, the one pictured in the thread does but isn't graded is it?

It's fine AFA bashing, but bash the right stuff!! :lol:

The one on this thread as a photo is someone using an example of another TR whose cape has degraded. I believe he was talking about the the one featured in my initial section of this thread.

stormcab

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
It's never going to sell for that BIN price, the first auction price is it's true value. Anyone who collects high grade stuff is going to stay away from that as it's a clear flaw. Sand People one of the cheapest 12 backs to get in my expereance. :)

Definitely. I bought my 80 (80/85/90) for under £400. No other 12 back with an 80 grade sells for much less than £500.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom