Build the Millennium Falcon...

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Just saw the advert for the Build the Millennium Falcon on tv.... only £8.99 an issue...

And just ONE HUNDRED issues to collect!

Nice and cheap lol.

If you do actually want to build one yourself, and shell out a sizeable fortune - here's the website: http://www.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Ok, ill give my opinion on this being as though im a prop collector. :D

Pricewise, it seems steep but this would still be cheaper than the MR Falcon and a lot more detailed. With the interior being built aswell, this is wirth it. Considering that some palitoy carded figures so for the s a me price and more in the end this could be a neat little addition for a collectiin room.

Trust me, its well worth it. My only worry is if it gets cancelled again. That leaves a lot of scrap parts for nothing. However, if it all goes to plan this is one hell of a piece to own, and the 2 years waiting will be sweet...

MarkG

Jedi Master
In two minds about this one..

It does look dam good, and as a prop builder myself it would go nicely with the current projects I have on the go....

However....

As I'm also collecting mocs again, it will be near on £1k out of that fund...and the wife says no too...

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
i'm interested but as has been said before....if they cancel before the end of the issue run then what's the point!

looks bloody nice though! :)

SOJ

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
They're having a laugh. 100 issues and £900!! :lol: **** that :|

Get it right Rob, it's £893. The first issue is £2.99 to sucker you in. Bargain. :D

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
robpmarsh said:
i'm interested but as has been said before....if they cancel before the end of the issue run then what's the point!

looks bloody nice though! :)

When the original fact files were for sale I was purchasing them and lost my way around issue 30, but my partner (now wife), contacted De Agostini (or whatever it's called) and had the whole set delivered to me in a bundle. I'm pretty sure of it was cancelled then you could probably do this. If you subscribed to it and had it posted to you then I'd imagine they would send the entire line to you, perhaps would only cancel issues that are sent to retailers.

I won't be purchasing this but would love to see a weekly or fortnightly update with pictures on a thread with someone who is doing it.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
SOJ said:
Robstyley said:
They're having a laugh. 100 issues and £900!! :lol: **** that :|

Get it right Rob, it's £893. The first issue is £2.99 to sucker you in. Bargain. :D

Awesome... I'll have 7 pounds and 1p left over - only 99p short of some wank Hasbro figure. I'll also be drawing a pension by the time the things built :roll:

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
:eek: wow thats a lot of coin and to be honest i already have the BMF one and i havent really got anywhere to put that and going off the sizes given this will be the same size when finished so thats a no for me.
plus the wife would kill me :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
It's the kind of thing I would have started a few years back got to about issue 40 then given up on it and already spent 200/300 quid. I'm a nightmare at sticking to these things

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
If it looks as good as it does in the advert, then I think it's worth it. And you're not dropping £900 in one go, it's essentially a payment plan. Can't see them cancelling it either, not with the New film coming this year.

Having said that, I won't be buying it. If it was a Tie fighter or X-wing then yes.

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Yeah, I used to get sucked into these things when I was young. Not any more.

You'd be much better saving and buying a nice hand-built model with LED's from Probuilt or someone. Means you won't have to spend a grand, have a pile of unwanted mags and wait 2 years to finish it.
http://www.probuiltscifi.co.uk/

Robstyley

Sith Lord
stratpack said:
Yeah, I used to get sucked into these things when I was young. Not any more.

You'd be much better saving and buying a nice hand-built model with LED's from Probuilt or someone. Means you won't have to spend a grand, have a pile of unwanted mags and wait 2 years to finish it.
http://www.probuiltscifi.co.uk/

Some of those look really nice, especially the Tie Fighter. I didn't even know you could buy this kind of thing built and painted. Not really into models at the moment but I agree this is a much better route to go if you want one. Unless of course you enjoy building it but I'd still rather go and buy a whole kit than get one little piece every week for about ten years! :?

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Well some of us prefer Props when collectiing toys is pushed to the limit :)

It amazes me how some collectors that will spend hundreds, if not thousands on Star Wars toys will not entertain the notion of this. As many know im a big prop fan aswell as the toys, and have quite a vast and varied collection. I love giving toys the custom paintjob etc and try to build as large a collection as i can whilst retaining realism. I can tell you now, that the Master Replicas Falcon can go for upwards of £2000, and even more with the Ford signed edition. This replica being sold as a kit is being part masterminded by the guy who played a huge part in MR success in replica props. I can say that this will be the best Falcon prop if all goes well, and even the MR wont hold a candle to it. It will be the first with a full interior aswell.

I actually bought 2 copies of the first edition as im currently transforming one of the new huge Hasbro falcons, and will use the cannon and cockpit walks etc. Im thinking about subscribing to this and perhaps taking a photo after each part of assembly, and keeping everyone here in the loop.

At the end of the day, whether you spend £900 on this and it takes 2 years to build or you can spend £900 on a vintage focus or one single piece you desire its all the same in my book. Its a marathon, not a sprint :) id choose this over a Palitoy 12 back any day of the week because its the visual aspect aswell as the idea of actually owning a Falcon. And i have a huge vintage collection covering all aspects, so you can leave yourself to start down new avenues SW related.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Love the MR Falcon, but a full build of this will be far better.

The question I would ask, is to prop builders.....

I'm shite at building things, so will this be an easy assemble, and easily put together by a numpty like me, or is this for the professionals, if so that in my book makes it a non starter

MarkG

Jedi Master
Michael Sith said:
Love the MR Falcon, but a full build of this will be far better.

The question I would ask, is to prop builders.....

I'm shite at building things, so will this be an easy assemble, and easily put together by a numpty like me, or is this for the professionals, if so that in my book makes it a non starter

Can't see this being a huge task TBH. It's aimed at kids as well as us slightly bigger kids. Each issue will have full assembly instructions so chances of screwing it up are very slim.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom