Car Boot season starts tomorrow!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Lee Bullock said:
SublevelStudios said:
I remember this Mark! You picking up those 12" then I found the other two (Ben and Chewie) on a couple of tables up from there. Burslem Co-op - Good times!! :D

Good times indeed mate! I remember the woman who sold them told me she thought she still had the weapons for them back at home, so later that day I walked (didn't have a car then) 4 miles to pick up 2 lightsabres for Vader for a £1. I gave you one of them :)

My best haul was when I stuck an ad in the local paper, got a phone call from a guy at Pleasure Treasures in Burslem, and old skool toy shop, and he said he had a 'vast' quantity of stuff to sell. Took me down to the cellar of the shop and it was FULL of boxed stuff...

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
x-pack said:
Ads in the paper :) god I remember doing that. Got a few carrier bags of figures that way.

Oh yes, figures, got a boxed Palitoy Land of the Jawas that way too, plus mountains of boxed and unboxed vehicles. I've been collecting properly on and off since '89 and even traded for a while and I've seen the hobby peak and trough so many times. I think as a seller, these are good times! And next year will be MENTAL.

It does still amaze me that vintage stuff can still be found on car boots though.

Chico

Jedi Knight
Vintage at my car boot this morning - a madine figure and leg off tripod laser canon :lol:

The guy charged me a £1 but went for it for old times sake. I was too young for sw the first time round so car boot sales are where I picked up most of my toys... Many happy Sundays returning home with laden shopping bags :)

x-pack

Grand Master
Really, really meant to go out this morning. Just could not be arsed. Always wonder if i'm missing loads of goodies. Probably not :roll:

Mrleemur

Jedi Knight
Think i'm going to treat myself to a boot sale once i can drive again.

Even if there's no vintage, might pick up some random dvds for a quid!

poncho

Grand Master
dealers get there first thing and buy the vintage.....

i was doing a carboot the other day and took some beaters and a tonka 1995 tie fighter(i scraped the date off the tie fighter on the morning of the carboot lol) . a twatty dealer came and offered me pence for the lot as i was setting my table up and told him to jog on. figs are £3 each im not budging, to my delight some kid bought them off me later for £3 each, passing it on to a new generation :D

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Well not SW I know, but vintage & something I must have played with almost as much as my SW figures, I dropped lucky & picked these up last weekend for 1.50 - bargain!, mostly airfix, but also some Brittains, well pleased with this lot, which will be for my lad, who has already had his 1.50 out of them 10 fold -

IMGP0042_zps8rffouuz.jpg

IMGP0040_zpslnknicz3.jpg

kieatky

Jedi Master
Only my 3rd car boot of the year and stumbled across these. Not the greatest of conditions but as they were only £6 for the lot I had to buy them. Gonna give most of them to my 15 year old son who I've finally managed to get into the hobby. Happy days :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom