Cardback Repair

colin310

Padawan
Hi all,
Recently picked up 2 cardbacks that are, as can be expected, missing the coloured area behind the bubble.
I've seen a few on here fixing/repairing backs….just looking for some advice on what people have used.
Other beater cards, cards with same colour section etc
Also wondering if anyone uses repro cardbacks? Or I have seen on eBay the sale of files with all cardbacks & wondering if this is an option anyone has used?
A lot of Q's I know, any help would be much appreciated, thanks 👍🏻

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
If you're repairing the litho behind the bubble, that can be tricky, but it can be done (https://starwarsforum.co.uk/threads/resealing-a-12-back-palitoy-jawa.40652/). If all you want is to repair the coloured area behind the bubble and don't wish to destroy a vintage cardback to do it, all I can recommend is finding some paper or card of the same colour and using that. Kellogg's Crunchy Nut (admittedly in its old yellow boxes) has served me well, both for breakfast and repairing card damage. Cut out a section of the size and shape you want and then carefully split the top layer of paper from the rest of the cardboard... et voila!

It may not look it, but part of what Chewie's standing in front of used to hold Crunchy Nut ;-)

Malamute 09.jpg

batman

Padawan
Same as the others i use printed material from other types of packaging for the coloured area but for missing racetrack i use a scan of a better looking cardback printed on glossy photopaper. Gently remove the top layer of the print and apply it to the original cardback with only a tiny pinpoint of uhu stick to hold it in place while i slide it into a toploader and then i place a repro blister on the outside of the toploader. This way the card is protected and ready for display and my repairs can be removed without damage to the original cardback.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom