Celebration 2019

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
has anyone else started saving for Celebration 2019 yet?
I've just seen the new Disney Star Wars park video that opens in 2019 and bet it's going to be held there.
How many think they would go?

yoda

Sith Lord
I'd love to go never I've never been to Florida. Yes an idea of accommodation and flights would help from anyone that's been before.

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
Mr-shifter said:
Flights and accom for Orlando cost me £720
Same for LA cost me approx £800

I think if you budget on a grand you wont be far off

Your lucky, I'm taking the misses
Grand won't even cover her shoe shopping bill :?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Appreciate it's the most rumourous of rumours but is no one attaching any weight to the speculation that Celebration 2019 will be a European affair, if not London? It does sound odd to me given that the last CE was in London but weirder things have happened and London is, after all, the true home of Star Wars ;)

Not sure if it would be a good idea for them to try holding Celebration at the same time and same city as the opening of the SW World attraction. Sure, Orlando has a hotel room or two spare but I think the ensuing chaos from having 100,000 extra fans decending on SW World on in the opening week could be too much for the already authoritarian Disney queue control staff to handle. We'll see. In two minds about it: whilst I like the trip abroad it was enough escapism and a darned sight cheaper at CE3 even though it was 5 miles from my workplace!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Dorsetmark said:
Your lucky, I'm taking the misses
Grand won't even cover her shoe shopping bill :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: I've been there with that one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

wrighty

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
Depending on who you talk to it'd definitely Anaheim, definitely Florida, definitely London and I also heard a definitely Hanover!

Definitely no where at the moment! :lol:

yoda

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
Flights and accom for Orlando cost me £720
Same for LA cost me approx £800

I think if you budget on a grand you wont be far off
Dorsetmark said:
Entry to Disney is about £150 each per day

Ok that's helpful thanks, I could work with that. I have always wanted to travel to Florida so it would be a great trip once the new Star Wars world opens.

Richard_H

Grand Master
I've just booked flights and hotel to Florida for me and my son who will be 15 for 8 days costing around £1200 in Easter next year.

yoda

Sith Lord
This is Going off Celebration but I am looking at the costs of flights and travel for a possible holiday this year. I was thinking about flying into Atlanta and driving to Orlando. Does anyone know if it's possible to hire a car at the airport and do a drop off in Florida over a couple of weeks? Or can that be done because I've then travelled into a different State with the car? Or would this option turn out very costly? Has anyone ever hired a car and and done anything like this? Or have an idea about costs involved? Or is it even possible if I don't have a America license? I Anytime I ever travelled to the States I only ever used Cab's Subways or a Bus. I like the Idea of the car because it gives you move freedom of traveling around.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hi Yoda,
I have hired a car in one state and dropped off in another many times, but this MUST be agreed first.
The second thing to consider is where you hire the car from, and I mean by this that it will be cheaper to hire in the US, but most likely will not include much in the way of insurance, as Americans can transfer their existing car insurance onto a rental car, where we can't, so I have always used Dollar, but booked it on a UK website, if this makes sense?
Make sure you get EVERYTHING covered as when things go wrong out there it can get very expensive!
Have you looked into the time and distance involved in driving from Atlanta to Orlando?
I am convinced it will be cheaper to fly?
I used to either fly with Virgin directly to Orlando or fly to Charlotte with US Airlines and then get a flight to Orlando.
More than happy to help in anyway if you need/would like further information.
What ever you do have a great holiday.
Nick

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Oh one last point, a car in Orlando in my opinion is a must, you will get to see and do Sony have more this way.
The parks are great, but I am sure the shops and the beaches will be calling after a few days!

yoda

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Hi Yoda,
I have hired a car in one state and dropped off in another many times, but this MUST be agreed first.
The second thing to consider is where you hire the car from, and I mean by this that it will be cheaper to hire in the US, but most likely will not include much in the way of insurance, as Americans can transfer their existing car insurance onto a rental car, where we can't, so I have always used Dollar, but booked it on a UK website, if this makes sense?
Make sure you get EVERYTHING covered as when things go wrong out there it can get very expensive!
Have you looked into the time and distance involved in driving from Atlanta to Orlando?
I am convinced it will be cheaper to fly?
I used to either fly with Virgin directly to Orlando or fly to Charlotte with US Airlines and then get a flight to Orlando.
More than happy to help in anyway if you need/would like further information.
What ever you do have a great holiday.
Nick

Hi Nick thanks that is a great help those few points you have listed. I have no experience whatsoever involving car hire in the States. Over the last few weeks we have been thinking of going somewhere. Then America came up so I started looking around. I really wanted to see Montana but flights are expensive. The wife likes the idea of Savannah. So I started looking at the map and that's where the car hire idea has come up. Yes you are correct I'd say flying would work out cheaper.
Once I spotted Orlando isn't overly far off I thought it would be a great chance to visit. I have bused it a small bit in America before between city's so i have an idea of the milage involved traveling looking at the map. I really enjoy when on holiday seeing the major city's but I also equally enjoy going off the beaten track a bit. Possibly even drive to the Florida keys if I have enough time. It's seeing a bit of the country while out on the road that I enjoy so i don't mind driving. Thankfully the wife doesn't mind either as long I don't keep driving 12 hrs nonstop somewhere.
It is one of a few options at the moment but i am starting to like the idea of it.
You seem to have good experience of car hire by what you've said. So yes once I know for definite if we're going I will need a few other helpful tips and company's to contact regarding the car. Thanks again and I'll be in touch for abit more advice if all goes to plan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom