Customs Fees

burnsy

Sith Lord
Just been stung for £100 worth of customs fees this morning!!

****ers!!!

This is the third time in the space of a few weeks, and never had it before that.

Any of you being stung recently??

20backdPb

Jedi Knight
I bought my Han Solo Palitoy 12 back from Brians Toys in the USA about six years ago and got stung on customs fees.
I also bought my C3PO from them but got didnt pay a fee.
Got stung when i bought my Palitoy 12 back Stormtrooper from the States. Its a real pisser when this happens, that's why i havent bought from the USA since.

plantman

Sith Lord
I just got stung for £57 import fees and VAT, its a con, £13.50 parcelfarce charge, 10.50 import fee, 34.00 VAT.

im contesting it, probably wont get anywhere but worth a try.

lee gray

Sith Lord
gettimgh stung sucks I did get stung everytime I brought from brianstoys and as their prices are high as it is it was very costly and then you dont even get your parcel so whats point of paying for extra fast shipping

then i started getting them to send to a mate of mine in america who would send it to me as a 40 dollar gift as BT wouldnt lower the price of package
and all other stuff I get from america now I always ask them to send as a 40 dollar gift insured at my risk so I dont get stung or dont buy

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Got stung a few times. It really is a ****ing sickener, especially as you don't get the VAT back when you sell. It's just Gordon sticking his hand in your wallet and taking a bit MORE money from you.

I used to like CC because they would put a low value on their items for you and I never got stung for Customs with them. Brian's toys are just a nightmare. Great selection and decent packing and service etc, but they won't put a lower price on the items so you have to add on a customs charge to whatever you pay. Obviously then with their nice pricing policy you end up paying 3 times what an item would go for on Ebay! :roll:

It is a risk when you buy from overseas, it's worth asking the seller if they will put a low value on the item for you, offer to take the risk. Some will some won't.

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
I got stung about a month ago for £60, that really pissed me off and put me in a mood all day lol.
I sent an email to complain and heard **** all back.

plantman

Sith Lord
The problem with asking the seller to mark a figure as 'gift' and put a $40 value on it is that if it goes missing or gets damaged you could claim the full amount back from paypal and the seller would get sod all.

Im sure some US sellers have been asked to do it and then been buggered when it got damaged.

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
plantman said:
I just got stung for £57 import fees and VAT, its a con, £13.50 parcelfarce charge, 10.50 import fee, 34.00 VAT.

Its not often I get hit by customs but it sucks when it happens. However, I know there may be a customs charge so I take that into account when buying. But what really bugs me about the whole thing is Parcel Force taking their cut. If your customs charge is £5 or £50, parcel force still take the same amount for "paying" my customs charge and delivering it.
when I buy the item, I pay postage - meaning I excpect the item delivered to my door, not to have to pay for it to be delivered once its in the UK.
Would be better if customs held it and sent a bill and when thats payed, they release it o PF to deliver it as in their contract to do so.

plantman

Sith Lord
The governments way of making sure you dont get a bargain from the US, keeps you buing in the UK economy. Theiving gets.

burnsy

Sith Lord
I got ****ing stung again today, just over £100 :evil:

That's it, no more buying from across the pond

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Got hit for something similar myself a few weeks ago. It's a real kick in the balls. Especially that "parcel force clearance fee" of £12.

This is where Spoons chimes in and remind me he never gets stung............lucky bastard!

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
I've been stung a fair number of times, but I will always buy from the US if it gets me something I can't find here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom