Customs

Bollux

Grand Master
Will do mate, never made a vintage one before and i am far from artistic apapart from photography but its only a head swap and a bit of painting

I think I'd avoid using Han Bespin's head for a Han Stormtrooper - the helmet won't fit, will it? Better to look out for a beat up, paint-worn pinhead (you won't want to pop a mint one) and repaint him.

I've made vintage customs I'm quite pleased with of

Tarkin (carved a beat up Imperial Commander and repainted it)
Owen Lars (Emperor torso, Han Bespin legs, Lobot head and arms - milliput hair and added detail)
Rebel Marine Trooper (Han Bespin torso and arms, legs and head from a Death Squad Commander - added detail and helmet modelling in milliput)

I'd post pics but my work laptop (my only web access) bars image hosting sites.

Customs also provide a use for the repro weapons that turn up in job lots off of ebay. A bit of silver paint on the tip and sight of a black repro bespin blaster looks perfect. My biggest problem is being colourblind - I'm told that the shirt on my Rebel Trooper is bit too blue and not grey enough. I was going for a bluey-grey, clearly...

Key tips:
1: if it feels too much like you're forcing the limbs out of the sockets then boil a little longer
2: Be patient cutting the connecting rod between the two halves of the torso
3: Mixing a bit of metallic paint in with base colours can make a bit of difference to how "fabrics" look
4: Keep spare limbs in a box. They may come in handy later...
5: Practice on scrappy figures you don't care about
6: Don't tell your mates in the pub. Unless they have been bitten by the bug, they won't understand...

I'm looking out for a beat-up, yellowed, paint-worn Luke Farmboy (i'll only cannibalise beat up figs as I'd feel too guilty) so as to nick his head for my work in progress Luke x-wing removable helmet. Bollux: once you pop off Luke Stormy's head, I'd quite like it (if you were going to bin it).

Scrap figures I'm looking out for:
Squid head
Hammerhead
Luke farmboy
Bossk
any imperials.

Bollux

Grand Master
Bertie I have heard that the Luke Stormy is different to the other figures and his head is actually hollow as opposed to being on a stalk!

Bollux said:
Bertie I have heard that the Luke Stormy is different to the other figures and his head is actually hollow as opposed to being on a stalk!

The Emperor's head is like that, too. It shouldn't be too much hassel to cut a stalk from another figure's head and glue it to Luke's though.

If you're worried about how to attach Han's head to the Luke Stormtrooper body, then all you'll need to do is split the torso as usual and cut the neck off and file it down using a rounded modelling file until you have a neck hole to the desired size. That's what I did with the Emperor's body to make the Lars. You can usually pick up a set of these files for a quid or two in a modelling shop.

No worries.

Bollux

Grand Master
TURN AWAY WOZZA IT MAY BE TOO MUCH FOR YOU! :lol:

well, the head is off and so are the limbs!

got to look in the bins on saturday at the memorabilia for a 50p beat up han

DSC00272.jpg

Poor old Luke..... :twisted:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom