Darth Vader 1977 / 83 Lili Ledy 90 Loose Action Figure Valuation Please

elthla

Youngling
Hello, all, I have done some light research on a Darth Vader that is in my possession and I was wondering if someone would be willing to help give me a Valuation. This is a Lili Ledy 1977 or 1983 Lili Ledy action figure. The sticker in the plastic box containing the figure states this figure is from 1977. The website toygrader states that this is from 1983 so I don't understand why that is. Also the person I acquired this figure from said that this is a Kenner. I don't pertinent information. I am new to vintage collecting and I have looked all over to see how much this figure may go for. Any information would be fantastic! Many thanks guys! - el

IMG_5532.jpgIMG_5540.jpgIMG_5539.jpgIMG_5547.jpgIMG_5545.jpgIMG_5551.jpgIMG_5553.jpg

elthla

Youngling
The lightsaber has the letter O on it. I cant quite tell if its a DT yet but again there is a letter on it. and the Letter is O (I believe)...IMG_5565.jpg

elthla

Youngling
It's not a DT, unless of course AFA have hit a new high of incompetence
Thank you for that information, however I never stated that it is a DT. I noticed some things on the lightsaber and wanted to explore that avenue. This while helpful still does not give me much more insight into how much this action figure is worth. Would you please be willing to give it a look again so I can see how much I can get off of this. Thank you kindly - el

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Definitely not a DT saber

Carl was not being disingenuous in his reply ..he was trying to help and giving you an opinion,

there is a wealth of information on lettered light sabres if you take the time to research it , just Google vintage lettered light sabres

here is an example

in regard to value again research is the key and part of the fun of collecting …try looking at AFA graded Darth vaders that have sold on ebay

my opinion, I'm no expert, would be between £130 to £150 but again I'm no expert and I do not collect graded items, the grading companies are giving their opinion on the item, that is not the general consensus of opinion of the collecting community, and a graded item will only appeal to collectors that collect graded pieces, which are in the main in the minority in the collecting community.

"Would you please be willing to give it a look again so I can see how much I can get off of this." as a statement seems to imply that your not interested in collecting, but just want to sell, I would advise going onto a facebook group where prices seem to be higher and trying to sell it there, unless of course you have an a epiphany and want to collect, learn,study and enjoy a new found hobby, then this is the forum for you,, if not, pop off to a FB group or eBay and take your chances

I do hope this helps

BR

Mike

Last edited:

lejackal

Grand Master
Sadly this is has likely been ripped from a Jedi card and then graded with the wrong saber. Lettered sabers are (to my knowledge) early examples, whereas Ledy did not produce figures until Jedi.

Value wise are you looking to sell it here, or are you aiming to list it on eBay?

elthla

Youngling
Thank you Michael and jackal. Sorry if I came off a bit harsh as its a bit hard to tell tone over text so my apologies. I am looking to sell and I was wondering how much some of the community members would say its worth. Where can I look or go to in order to sell my figure seeing as its graded. I'm not looking to sell on ebay however I would be interested on selling here if the price is right. I am from the US so I don't know if that will be an issue. Thank you all for your time - el

lejackal

Grand Master
You acquired this recently, so I'd start with how much you paid as a base value. Unless of course you're just hoping someone will say it's worth $x and that gives you a profit
I'm not looking to sell on ebay however I would be interested on selling here if the price is right.

elthla

Youngling
You acquired this recently, so I'd start with how much you paid as a base value. Unless of course you're just hoping someone will say it's worth $x and that gives you a profit
Oh I acquired this in 2019. I was gifted this and I have no clue how much this is worth. I was wondering if maybe someone here could tell me $x value or point me to the right people who could tell me.

Hod10

Padawan
The date stamp on the figure itself will be 1977 but the figures Lili Ledy produced weren't until 1983. You could probably sell it for £250 / £300 on ebay. Half that price if you sell it on here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom