Displaying of collection

Lindo

Sith Lord
Hi, probably been asked before but I cannot find any info anywhere so thought id ask again :)
If I display my collection in a room with natural light will it fade bubbles, yellow plastic etc, the room is never in direct sunlight.
Thanks in advance for any advise guys

maxf

Jedi Master
Yes, it can - depends on how bright etc.

Just buy some UV film and put it on your windows - filters 99% of uv out if you buy the good stuff. It's clear too, so as long as you do a decent job putting it on, you can't see it.

Lindo

Sith Lord
hmmm I think I would have to do that when the missus is out as I think she would kick my face in for putting it on her new French doors!

AL_Bundy

Padawan
I have my collection of loose figures on shelf high up (not near the window) in the man cave , and I leave the blackout blinds 3/4 closed if not fully.

sith-smith

Grand Master
In My old collection room I just boarded up the window. No natural light and an extra wall on which to display. Is a bit of an extreme solution though!

Symes

Youngling
Keep my collection in a darkened room, and although there is a window the sun shines through, there's a dark-ish curtain over it which protects all my pieces

Lindo

Sith Lord
I have bought some uv film like advised but I intend to use it on the glass display cabinet and not the French doors, I think that should be sufficient do you agree

maxf

Jedi Master
Lindo said:
I have bought some uv film like advised but I intend to use it on the glass display cabinet and not the French doors, I think that should be sufficient do you agree

It would be the same, yes - but you're going to have to take a lot of care applying it, as it will be trickier than applying it to a window. Lots of soap, a good squeegie and a few sharp blades!

Lindo

Sith Lord
I'm not great at diy but apparently it comes with instruction :p frikkin expensive stuff an all but hopefully I get it right and keeps everything nice

maxf

Jedi Master
Lindo said:
I'm not great at diy but apparently it comes with instruction :p frikkin expensive stuff an all but hopefully I get it right and keeps everything nice

Ive done a few windows and wouldnt attempt a display case - you wont notice the odd imperfection on a window, but you will see it every time you look at your display case. Just put it on the windows!

Lindo

Sith Lord
dianoga77 said:
As long as you keep from direct sunlight shining on display , you are ok 8)
See that's what I thought mate but apparently it isn't, which kind of makes sense as my living room isn't in direct sunlight but my wood flooring has faded when I move my rug

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Lindo said:

Please could you advise where you managed to buy the UV film? I'm trying to track some down (and separately also some heat-reflective mirrored film for some patio doors), but haven't found any yet, so your (or anyone else's if they know) help would be most appreciated. Many thanks. :)

Lindo

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Lindo said:

Please could you advise where you managed to buy the UV film? I'm trying to track some down (and separately also some heat-reflective mirrored film for some patio doors), but haven't found any yet, so your (or anyone else's if they know) help would be most appreciated. Many thanks. :)
Yes mate I bought it from a company on ebay, you can choose what size you need and I'm sure they do mirrored film also, heres the link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291329751781?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=590737384325&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Lindo said:
Snaketibe said:
Lindo said:

Yes mate I bought it from a company on ebay, you can choose what size you need and I'm sure they do mirrored film also, heres the link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291329751781?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=590737384325&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You're a superstar! Thank you very much indeed :-D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom