Do girls play with vintage star wars toy ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
My big question are do girls play with vintage star wars toy ?

I got my 4th niece 9 days ago, the 3 others do not play with star wars only my nephews play with star wars toy.

But I was thinking maybe I get lucky with the 4th and that she will play with vintage star wars.

Have any of you seen ? or had any luck with getting girls to play with vintage star wars ? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Aye she's 28 this year, got her own place with a fantastic and varied collection (we still have a lot of it in storage here)

Amazing watching her collection change, she's much more focused on Sideshow and Hot Toys but we still get excited about 3 3/4 figures.

She's got me collecting Lego now, talked me into getting the latest R2 so she could get the KOTOR minifig :)

I cannot begin to describe how much collecting with her means to me. Goes way beyond just having a shared hobby together.

I'll get some pics of her collection and update our display thread that's in my signature

scooternick

Jedi Knight
My daughter, now 10 yrs old, showed some interest when we played with my loose childhood figures together when she was about 5 yrs old, incl regular bath time battles!! It lasted about a year until she got bored and moved on. She can still name nearly all of the figures, in my opinion an essential life skill, so I think it was worth the effort!!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Aye she's 28 this year, got her own place with a fantastic and varied collection (we still have a lot of it in storage here)

Amazing watching her collection change, she's much more focused on Sideshow and Hot Toys but we still get excited about 3 3/4 figures.

She's got me collecting Lego now, talked me into getting the latest R2 so she could get the KOTOR minifig :)

I cannot begin to describe how much collecting with her means to me. Goes way beyond just having a shared hobby together.

I'll get some pics of her collection and update our display thread that's in my signature
Great to read your daughter are still a collector and you still have fun together with the same hobby (y) sounds like I have a chance with my new niece in a couple of years when she are old enough :) I guess some kids should also play with the leia figures because my youngest nephew does not like to play with the princess leia figures only the male figures :ROFLMAO:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
My daughter, now 10 yrs old, showed some interest when we played with my loose childhood figures together when she was about 5 yrs old, incl regular bath time battles!! It lasted about a year until she got bored and moved on. She can still name nearly all of the figures, in my opinion an essential life skill, so I think it was worth the effort!!
cool, great to hear your daughter also have played with vintage star wars and that she still can name nearly all the figures (y)

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Not sure about playing with figures - my youngest hounded me to get a bunch of vintage Ewok's for her last year and she managed about a day playing with them and that was that, she does play with the Young Jedi toys Figures and Lego sets.

My eldest never played with anything like that but she is becoming a collector of sorts - Technics Lego (heavy F1 focus) and Funko Pops, which is so varied it is hard to keep up with, but a lot of cool SW in her collection now.

But then again my boy never played with action figures at all - despite having lots of them - no interest at all, it was Poke Cards all way for him (Still is).

The only toy old or new any of my children ever regularly played with was/is Lego....

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Not sure about playing with figures - my youngest hounded me to get a bunch of vintage Ewok's for her last year and she managed about a day playing with them and that was that, she does play with the Young Jedi toys Figures and Lego sets.

My eldest never played with anything like that but she is becoming a collector of sorts - Technics Lego (heavy F1 focus) and Funko Pops, which is so varied it is hard to keep up with, but a lot of cool SW in her collection now.

But then again my boy never played with action figures at all - despite having lots of them - no interest at all, it was Poke Cards all way for him (Still is).

The only toy old or new any of my children ever regularly played with was/is Lego....
sorry to hear she only played with the ewoks for one day. But one day are better than not playing with them (y) My youngest nephew favorites are C-3PO, the blue Tie Fighter, the Rancor, AT-AT, AT-ST, R2-D2 and funny enoug the CAP-2 because of the suction cups :ROFLMAO: He have just had birthday and are now 6 years old. But he are still not good enough to play with a lot of toy at the same time. He only want a few vehicles, monsters and figures to play with.

Top Bottom