DONNINGTON TOY AND COLLECTORS FAIR.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Im off to this on sunday, 2 hour drive from london :(

anyone else going or have been to this before? its my first time.

just wondering what to expect, much star wars?

looking forward to it though.

walkie

Sith Lord
oh, only 1 hour for me. I'm guessing by it's location maybe Liam's been before?

nottscoupe

Youngling
Living in Nottingham, I go to Donnington.

It used to be fantastic for vintage back in the 90s.

Recently there is only usually a few bits. There usually there is some vintage but quality is sparse.

Good quality toys are at a premium.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
I try and attend Donnington when I can but am going to a antiques and collectors fair instead this weekend.

I have missed the last couple but went to several beforehand. Vintage star wars was there but it was far from pplentinful and to find quality vintage is difficult

Griff

Padawan
Its only 20mins for me been to several of these like the other posters have stated vintage will be sparse but if I don't go I might miss something :D

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
sorry no photos mate.

well we went this morning 2 hour drive up the motorway in the crap rain, it was packed when we got there at half 10, big venue and lots of stools, nearly all selling dinky toys and train sets.

there were about 8 stools in the whole place that caught my eye and they were all similar vintage star wars, transformers, he man, thundercats, ghostbusters, most of the stuff was well overpriced! one stool had a box of loose figures complete lando £16, anakin £15 luke jedi £35 you get the idea. :roll:

i saw quite a few boxed biker scouts for £30, one stool had a boxed slave1 boxed jabba but nothing priced so i didnt bother asking.

another stool this old boy was going how much do you want for this then? it was a trilogo carded paploo priced at £65 and he was saying how you never ever see last 17 figures on the card.

there was another stool that had 8 of the first 12 figures all mint on star wars cards in a display cabinet but again nothing priced?

anyway i came away with nothing but my full wallet and i was happy with that, worth a look for anyone nearby but very overpriced.

nottscoupe

Youngling
I must admit that star wars was sparse today.
Vintage star wars is getting very hard to get.
Just look at e-bay generally its just the usual stuff. When was the last time any POTF palitoy stuff was up?

However you just never know what's going to turn up. I had a stall a few years ago with Vintage SW to sell off my duplicates and I sold practically everything by 2pm! I did price to sell but got better prices than e-bay as no fees!
Dealers in star wars seemed to have dried up! Whatever happened to KFC collectables?

80s toys seem to be hot at the moment. I was at the NEC in DEC and dealers were going round basically buying up anything 80s that was well priced and in good condition.

Star wars is not my bag anymore, but you will always have to pay a little more than the e-bay as stall holders have costs.

I got a cool loose six million dollar man figure for 15 quid!

Generally you have to ask the prices, I tend to ask the price on one item and if its a stupid price its not usually worth asking the price on anything else.

Some dealers are very well priced at these fairs and most will haggle with you and do you a deal.

Griff

Padawan
I went along and went in early bird (pay a tenner and get in a couple of hours early.Been to quite a few of these as its just down the road and can honestly say that's the worst one I have been to for vintage star wars stuff . There is one deal that is usualy allways there in the top corner who as a lot of nice stuff but pricey but he never turned up .That papaloo carded figure was the only carded figure there. Sorry you had a wasted journey because you pick the worst one you could have.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
thats alright mate, it was a morning out with the old man for once.

the last time i went to a toy fair about 3 years ago it seemed an awful lot cheaper loads of loose bargains anyway, although even then the afa and carded stuff was overpriced.

i noticed an awful lot of people eating those dodgy looking bacon rolls, everytime somebody walked past you could see the bacon was all grey under cooked and rubbery lol!

anyway was nice to report back from an event :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom