eBay rogues

airjedijamie

Jedi Knight
all sorted out now got a full refund but i have never had this much hassle with a buyer in 11 years of ebay and i would never deal with this person again ever

itfciain

Grand Master
DarthSwales said:
Highly recommend you stay away from user 'snakeriverdance'. I paid $88.00 for a Kenner Death Star Space Station set with $30.00+ postage and packaging. The item arrived in Britain after a month but I got a letter from Parcelforce saying I had to pay £23.49 for it to go through customs! So I messaged the bloke on eBay and he said "I pay too much money to afford extra customs charges" ....I was stunned.... Absolutely fuming! So I had to pay the charges in the end, but only for now, as I've opened a case on eBay to try and get my money back. I just couldn't believe it... He never even said anything about extra charges in the description but why should I have to pay two lots of postage anyway? Just because he can't afford it?! Why is he in the business then?!

I do have my Death Star now and I love it, but you know... I wish it hadn't cost so much damn money!

Hi mate - think it is not the seller you should be annoyed at but our UK customs system. There is another thread going that might shed some more light on this

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10123

Basically anything that arrives from the States with a certain value marked on the package is liable for duty charges. Parcelforce also add £13.50 to process this charge.

This has nothing to do with the seller at all - the only thing you can do is ask the seller to mark down the value of the item - some will do and some wont

DarthSwales

Padawan
Thanks mate, yeah the guys over on TIG just said the same thing. Thing is that the guy has had the same issue with other buyers in the past judging by his feedback. Surely he'd get the hint and add some sort of disclaimer?

Ah well, at least I know for the future.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
TBH its not his responsibility to do so m8, the ball is firmly in your court & its HMRC that you need to be pointing the finger at, not the seller, he does not deserve the bad press if you think about it.

See my other thread about customs charges - they keep raping me & its starting to hurt!.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I'm letting that one slide, far too easy!

I'm disappointed no one else took it on tho! You lor are far too soft.

itfciain

Grand Master
So let me get this straight, while the rest of us were soft, you got hard whilst biting your tongue thinking about Frank getting raped :?:

Joe

Grand Master
Just a heads up if anyone read this thread on RS - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1075887/

I am 100% sure Ian Hamiltons ebay ID is : star_wars_investments

Be warned and get blocking - guy is a tool.

Joe

Grand Master
Just a note- Ian Hamilton might be a decent seller but as a buyer he is a pain in the ass - He had run ins with multiple members using multiple ID's on RS and considering Christian and Jake (J74) were two of the sellers who many of us know are stand up guys it says a lot to me.

IF you are unlucky enough to be a seller to Ian there is a big risk of him moaning about something, demanding a refund and then being a complete cock with how he talks to you.

Best just avoid IMO!

itfciain

Grand Master
I have bought a couple of Ian's items and hopefully they will arrive shortly.

I will post them up on here for people to have a look at and will also advise how he was as a seller.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
itfciain said:
So let me get this straight, while the rest of us were soft, you got hard whilst biting your tongue thinking about Frank getting raped :?:

You make it sound like I should be ashamed!? :?

DarthSwales

Padawan
'okcomputer1138' just randomly emailed me calling me an idiot because of the feedback I left on the other guy's page, regardless to the fact that eBay closed my case and denied my appeal. Seems like this nut has nothing else better to do than look through peoples feedback and target strangers on the internet.

The insolence is strong in this one.

Lee77

Sith Lord
Hi. Don't know if this is in the wrong place but I bought a 21back Luke from eBay a few weeks back. The one that was sent in a jiffy bag through the post! Anyway, Steve at Ukg just let me know it's definitely moody! eBay seller 6872Johnd sold it to me and when I challenged him, he became a cock! It's in an earlier thread Damaged In Transit if anyone wants to see how big a tool he is.
Avoid eBay seller 6872johnd. He's a tosser. And a twat. And sells repros. I wish I'd taken him up on his offer to come to my house to sort it! Prick!
Rant over.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom