Epic competition for a great cause (40 Prizes) - How to enter

jackabina

Sith Lord
Thanks guys. Iain right unfortunately. Due the the messages that include any mention of raffles and fundraising, PayPal say I may not be passing the money to the correct recipient. Just an update on the money donated already. I've forwarded the money already received to David as to help with the first instalment of the equipment for Bethany. This I'd defo going to happen now :D
She should receive the equipment by Christmas. The draw is taking place at her school in bury st Edmunds in Norfolk. I'm just waiting to have date confirmed as she needs to have all her support staff with her.
I'll keep you posted.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Well done Iain and Neil and everyone else involved.

I love this. I hope the equipment delivers everything it needs to.

I would be interested to see all of the charity fundraisers that have happened over the years. This forum has such a great history of delivering funds to fantastic causes.

Well done guys, really well done.

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Gents, i would like to buy some tickets please...did the paypal thingyamjig issue get sorted?

Rob

itfciain

Grand Master
rdpla said:
Gents, i would like to buy some tickets please...did the paypal thingyamjig issue get sorted?

Rob

Dr_Ball_MD said:
I still need to donate. I get paid on the 25th. Is that ok?

Hi guys - I'll drop you a PM and we can sort something

jackabina

Sith Lord
Hi guys, just a quick update on this. The draw will take place on the 10th November. I will film it, and post up.

lejackal

Grand Master
So apparently when you mix a vintage sw moc and a two yo you end up with a battered card back, a loose figure and a two year old that doesn't understand what they've done wrong.
Anyway, the Nien Nunb mom has been withdrawn as a prize and this added which isn't ideal as it cost twice as much but needs must.
14720600_541316726068010_4878929152793936142_n.jpg

14611011_541316776068005_1732090259980379340_n.jpg

14572200_541316779401338_6571334611779542223_n.jpg

itfciain

Grand Master
Hi guys - just a quick bump for this one - closing date for entry is midnight (your time) tomorrow

We'll get the list updated and then Neil is going to do the draw with Bethany & her Dad on the Thursday - if you haven't entered yet or want more tickets then drop me a PM and I will give you the details

itfciain

Grand Master
Oh - and as a little bonus - we now have 41 prizes as the amazingly talented Mr Sith has added in one of his fantastic pictures

itfciain

Grand Master
Hi guys

Just a quick update, Neil has been in hospital today and is in again tomorrow so has had to postpone the draw with Bethany - he is OK but just needs to sort out a new date and we'll update the thread

And sorry Frank - waiting on a picture of them from Neil - will update it as soon as I have it

Cheers
Iain

itfciain

Grand Master
Bootyhunter said:
Any news on this?

Hi chaps - Neil is currently off sick and can't drive so the draw is postponed until he is up and running - really appreciate your patience on this - we'll get you a revised total of how much is taken so far - and still not too late to enter if you haven't yet

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
Am I the only one who thinks this is dragging on now? If Neil is to ill to post then maybe you should be stepping in after all you started the thread Iain.

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
I know that was never gonna come come across well but it would be nice to see if that girl has yet benefitted from this, I was under the illusion hat there was some urgencŷ in raising the funds. We've done our bit and so far all we know is her brother has an Ipad

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
BH, although an update would be nice, I think this is simply a case of life getting in the way of other things. The funds have been raised and I'm sure they're going to good use. That's the important thing and the draw is secondary. With chaps like Iain and Neil behind it you know you are not going to be let down and it's in safe hands.

As for the iPad for the brother, I did chuckle when I read that but then thought about it a bit more. When someone in the family is ill or in need of special care it has a monstrous effect on other family members, whether it's those who provide or work to support and pay for the care or those that perhaps lose out on regular, everyday family life and attention due to the focus being elsewhere. It's wonderful that the brother has received something out of this and I hope it has helped in even a small way.

Without knowing the details I think it would be best to just sit back and know you've helped make a difference to a family and you're a better person for it. The draw will happen in due course. After all, we all are providing the prizes and they're not going anywhere. I particularly want to win your Tomart price guide!

itfciain

Grand Master
Guys - I am sorry that there hasn't been an update - as Simon says, life can get in the way sometimes. The money has been raised and is with Bethany's family - I believe that overall they successfully met the required target but will leave Neil to confirm that

I am sure that he would have liked to have this boxed off by now but if you have had kidneys stones then you will know they are no fun - he is a tough little chap and this really laid him up

I'll ask him to update the thread as soon as he has a new date set up with Bethany - if anyone would like a refund then I am happy to send their money back to them out of my own pocket

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom