Farthest From Xmas 2023 is going to be the best in Years!!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Really enjoyed going to my first Saturday Night event. Great job by Generation Skywalker, you obviously put a lot of effort in. I had never heard of either of the guests, but found their interviews really interesting (must watch Andor now!)

The Sunday was good, although couldn't chat or browse as much as I wanted as my son was with me and was only interested in the Lego stall 😂 There was a nice range of stock, most of it too expensive for my tight wallet. It was a bit quiet like the last one, hopefully just bad luck / timing rather than a trend, where are all the hundreds of people who used to come a few years ago?

I felt perhaps the talks should have been downstairs, the one time I went up there were only a few people.

Several people I talked to about vintage collecting mentioned their observations of prices calming and big collectors selling up, I wonder if that's effecting the turnout too. Star Wars is still massive, but the OT and vintage maybe not so much any more. Time for FF to have more modern sellers?

Jez

Sith Lord
Really enjoyed going to my first Saturday Night event. Great job by Generation Skywalker, you obviously put a lot of effort in. I had never heard of either of the guests, but found their interviews really interesting (must watch Andor now!)

The Sunday was good, although couldn't chat or browse as much as I wanted as my son was with me and was only interested in the Lego stall 😂 There was a nice range of stock, most of it too expensive for my tight wallet. It was a bit quiet like the last one, hopefully just bad luck / timing rather than a trend, where are all the hundreds of people who used to come a few years ago?

I felt perhaps the talks should have been downstairs, the one time I went up there were only a few people.

Several people I talked to about vintage collecting mentioned their observations of prices calming and big collectors selling up, I wonder if that's effecting the turnout too. Star Wars is still massive, but the OT and vintage maybe not so much any more. Time for FF to have more modern sellers?
Thanks Edd. I completely agree with you on all counts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom