What is your best ever bargain??

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
hi everyone,

The question is, what is your best ever bargain??

It can be from anytime of collecting, years ago to most recent!!

Thought this would be a good topic to get the forum a bit more active ;)

I'll start this off with a graded UKG 80% Taiwan Boba Fett that I picked up years ago.
I know its not mint but at the total cost of £32 posted I cant really complain 😂

IMG_0862.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
hi everyone,

The question is, what is your best ever bargain??

It can be from anytime of collecting, years ago to most recent!!

Thought this would be a good topic to get the forum a bit more active ;)

I'll start this off with a graded UKG 80% Taiwan Boba Fett that I picked up years ago.
I know its not mint but at the total cost of £32 posted I cant really complain 😂
Great idea (y) nice boba. I have no idea about grading and I have never understood it 😂 But the figure looks great for the price posted, a very great deal :)

Now I have to think a lot about my best bargain ever :unsure:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Once picked up an unpainted knee, painted arrow BF, for £1 at a car boot sale, a painted helmet BF for £2 at a car boot. Got a PBP rebel commander for £4 at a Toy fair. A Wing Pilot for £2 at a car boot sale

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Plenty over the years, but one of the best was this Palitoy Han Bespin for £30 as a Buy It Now on eBay back in 2006. I sold it for £300 a few months later (fool!)

han_bespin1.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 14.43.47.png

sith-smith

Grand Master
I got Yak, amanaman (no staff) and Luke stormtrooper (complete with helmet) for 50p each. But this was in my very early days of collecting in 92.

I the 2000's I got a 45a Greedo for £125 Bin. (If I remember correctly). Considering at the time - and possibly still - it was on the 2nd one ever found

scooternick

Jedi Knight
R2 Pop up MOC around 2001 £55. Was pretty case fresh but never graded. 80+ I'd say. Loads of 90s car boot pick ups but this long ago probably doesn't count for this type of thread

Dad of Luke

Padawan
I suppose I'm cheating a bit when I tell you mine. Only about 3 or so years ago, I found out what a Red Bar R5 D4 is. I went and checked out my own childhood R5 after reading about it and lo and behold, it's a Red Bar!! I suppose my parents paid around £1.49 for it in 1979. Bargain.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Around 4 years ago, got a Palitoy 12-bk, large head Han MOC at auction for £225. Bottom left of bubble was lifting (figure couldn't be removed) and someone had drawn around the SW logo. I was chuffed to bits to find the drawing had been done in pencil, so just rubbed it out!

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Also got a Luke ST with helmet for £1, Palitoy Death Star cockpit and canopy for £5, got a Blue Snag for 75, 20 years ago, also massive lot of weapons for 2

lejackal

Grand Master
Around 4 years ago, got a Palitoy 12-bk, large head Han MOC at auction for £225. Bottom left of bubble was lifting (figure couldn't be removed) and someone had drawn around the SW logo. I was chuffed to bits to find the drawing had been done in pencil, so just rubbed it out!
And I nearly had a large head Han palitoy 12 back for £220 😂

sith-smith

Grand Master
Well, while we are on the subject of the Palitoy LHH... not anywhere near as a bargain as yours, but I put a low bid (by low I mean £1500ish - which at the time was very low as the few sales of one had all been around the £5k mark in previous years) on an AFA 85 unpunched one on eBay.

And won!

lejackal

Grand Master
This bargain I've actually still got (which is novel for me). November 2018, lovely Vader with lettered saber
2A808418-E1C8-4D97-9BAD-71EFAD3FADFE.jpeg

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Well, while we are on the subject of the Palitoy LHH... not anywhere near as a bargain as yours, but I put a low bid (by low I mean £1500ish - which at the time was very low as the few sales of one had all been around the £5k mark in previous years) on an AFA 85 unpunched one on eBay.

And won!
That's a fantastic price, especially for an 85!!!

Gadders

Padawan
Good question - I'd probably go for my Early Bird mailer I picked up around 2000 for around £200 (possibly less). When it arrived I found it had a DT Luke in there, which wasn't mentioned in the sale post. Since had it verified as genuine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom