Forum Figure of the Year 2015. Quarter Final 1 RESULT

Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth) v Luke X-Wing Pilot

• Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Outfit)

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PGowdy

Grand Master
Stormtrooper37 said:
Just noticed no ROTJ figures at all in the last eight, ERG deserves to be there at least IMO

Definitely. Tie Fighter pilot bizarrely beat him.
I personally think ROTJ has most of the best figures tho nostalgia often trumps quality. Luke Jedi is by far the best Luke yet Farmboy will beat him every time.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Last years runner up storms into the semi finals again, can he go one better than last time

Semi Finalists

1. Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Outfit)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I think a lot of people are voting for their favourite character rather than their favourite figure. I thought this was supposed to be about the vintage figures? Hoth Stormtrooper for me, such a great design. Mostly prefer all the fully helmeted non human faced figures.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
I think a lot of people are voting for their favourite character rather than their favourite figure. I thought this was supposed to be about the vintage figures? Hoth Stormtrooper for me, such a great design. Mostly prefer all the fully helmeted non human faced figures.

The Luke-X-wing Cardback is a great design, especially the blue background behind the mainly orange of the figure, also the image of Luke ascending or descending the X-Wing, you can't knock the Cardback.

But the figure............it looks nothing like Luke and that's where the problem lies with this toy figure. Compared to the non human figures Luke X-wing is poor

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I voted Luke X-Wing and curiously I didn't like Luke that much as a character (Han all the way!), reason I voted for that figure is that it was one of my most played with toys, simple as that. I always, as a kid, found the Hoth trooper cool, but the skirt was too fiddly and ripped, so never liked it as a figure. As an adult I do really like the Hoth trooper, but figure nostalgia won me over.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Stormtrooper37 said:
Robstyley said:

The Luke-X-wing Cardback is a great design, especially the blue background behind the mainly orange of the figure, also the image of Luke ascending or descending the X-Wing, you can't knock the Cardback.

But the figure............it looks nothing like Luke and that's where the problem lies with this toy figure. Compared to the non human figures Luke X-wing is poor

Absolutely bang on. Not voting for the card back. Has zero to do with it.
Plus, if you do associate your favourite figure with your favourite character surely the figure has to do justice to the character from the movies? Right?? And this Luke really doesn't. Arguably the worst Luke effort in the line so one would have thought it would be more displeasing to die-hard Luke fans than anyone else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom