Help to identify vintage poster

SimpleSi

Youngling
Hi all,

I'm trying to identify a Star Wars poster I had on my bedroom wall in the 70s/80s.

When I say poster, it was really a large folded piece of paper (larger than A3 size) with R2D2 on one side and C3PO in black and white explaining what their gadgets were.

The closest I can find online is this one of just R2D2, which is almost the same. I've got one VERY poor quality image of it from an old photo. It gives a clue. I wondered whether there was something on the reverse side too. It was on my wall for a few years but I just can't remember where I got it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

• R2D2 poster.jpg
    R2D2 poster.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 36
  • img294_1984_v3.jpg
    img294_1984_v3.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'd love to help track this down for you.
Can you remember roughly how big it was? Was it standard poster size of something that might have came in a magazine?

SimpleSi

Youngling
I was just now thinking about that and updated the message as I believe it was bigger than A3, so probably too big to be a magazine centre page as I first thought.

I had a good search on the web without any sucess except for that one of just R2D2.

SimpleSi

Youngling
OK, here's a cropped photo of my bedroom circa 1982. You can get an idea of the size from the nearby Star Wars Scandecor poster and the Exterminator quad film poster.

Look on the shelf and you can see my MPC kit tie fighter. The X wing, R2D2 and C3PO are also up there - shame I got rid of those :cry:

Attachments

• bedroom_1982.jpg
    bedroom_1982.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

SimpleSi

Youngling
I've managed to identify the small black & white Stormtrooper photo at the top as being from Star Wars weekly No. 9.

Sadly I don't have a prize for the first to identify the C3PO R2D2 diagram poster 😅

SimpleSi

Youngling
Wow! that was quick - yes that's it!

I'm impressed. I know where to come next time rather than struggle on alone.

Well done and thank you soooo much! (y)

The memories are flooding back. I had a feeling it might have been some kind of game.

Looks like the value has gone up a bit - £65 :eek:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Delighted to have helped. Spend some time on here, great place to share childhood nostalgia (y)

SimpleSi

Youngling
Yes, definately. I'm more into the original trilogy stuff.

Hoping to post some more vintage related stuff in due course.

SimpleSi

Youngling
By pure luck I just bought one on eBay for £10. Wasn't planning on buying one but that nostalgia kicked in.

It was 40p back in the day 😅

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
By pure luck I just bought one on eBay for £10. Wasn't planning on buying one but that nostalgia kicked in.

It was 40p back in the day 😅
Well done :)
Can't beat something that was on your wall as a kid to bring back some magical nostalgia (y)(y)(y)

Latest posts

Top Bottom